[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So someone has posed this question. If it actually has a logical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

So someone has posed this question. If it actually has a logical answer, I cannot see it. Does anyone have any ideas? Or do you think someone has just put a bunch of random numbers together without any meaning whatsoever?
>>
>>7811704

Maybe ? is a variable to solve for.

?^3 = 64.8
? = 4.o2 (my zero key is broken and I can't even close these brackets. fk.
>>
>>7811704
If 0.999... equals 1 and the sum of all numbers is -1/12 then OP's equation might as well be true. Math is logical my ass. The system of numbers is flawed.
>>
>>7811742
>too complex for you to understand =/= flawed
>>
>>7811722
0 <- here you go, you can copy and paste it when you need it.
>>
File: Low intelligence.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Low intelligence.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
I did it in the Maxima CAS, and you're all wrong, it's 129.6, all of you are retards.
>>
>>7811742

1-0.99999999... = 0.00000000... and it will go on returning zeroes forever, there will never be a digit after those zeroes which is not itself a zero.
You can do the same with multiplication

2*0.999... = 1.999... = 1 + 0.999... which will again be a number which is not any different from 2. It's just another way to write it. For all intents and purposes, 1 and 0.999... are equal because that's the only way you won't get any errors when calculating something with latter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_%2B_2_%2B_3_%2B_4_%2B_%E2%8B%AF
This isn't arithmetics, but deals with infinite sums. It is logical when you spend some time understanding them and how some implications following from such results are actually consistent with what else you "know" about mathematics and mathematical rules.
>>
>>7811745
I would actually agree with him kinda.

It's not the system of numbers that's flawed, it's our method of representing them. It's a weakness of notation, not any of the ideas that the notations represent. A single number should only map to a single written number (not referring to including things like decimal notation versus fraction notation or including operations or whatnot, just like "3" or "32432").
That both 0.9... and 1 refer to the same number is a problem with the notation system.

Fuck if I know how to fix that, or if it's even possible, but to claim that it's not a weakness is kinda short sighted.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 575x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 575x419px
Because all of those numbers are bouncy to a degree of 5, ergo equaling 2.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.