[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is cold fusion seen as pseudoscience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (15KB, 220x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
15KB, 220x192px
Anyone who talks about cold fusion gets perma banned by academia. Can /sci/ please explain this to me? Pic related is bubble fusion utilizing the phenomenon of sonoluminesense in water with high frequency waves. Temperatures can reach >20,000K or 4 times that of the Sun!
>>
>>7811629
>20,000K or 4 times that of the Sun!
20,000K or 4 times that of the SURFACE of the Sun! The core of the Sun is 15 million K, where the actual fusion happens. No idea how that works for or against cold fusion. Just felt the need to point that out. Isn't cold fusion supposed to work at room temperature? In that case, I fail the see why you compared the temperature to the surface of the Sun, as a some sort of argument for cold fusion. They're wholly different approaches to fusion.
>>
>>7811635
its all theory m8

the temperature of the sun's INTERIOR has never really been measured experimentally

http://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/253/how-was-the-core-temperature-of-the-sun-estimated
>>
>>7811629
>Anyone who talks about cold fusion gets perma banned by academia

They don't. Its just not a very popular since one really understands how it could work, although there are a few groups still working on it. Really it became tainted after and experiment in the 80s by pons and Fleischmann, basically of was a clusterfuck. After that research into 'cold fusion' effectively stopped.
>>
File: sound_speed.gif (13KB, 594x459px) Image search: [Google]
sound_speed.gif
13KB, 594x459px
>>7811641
The predictions of interior structure however have been validated experimentally at the sub percent level.
>>
File: dog bone experiment live stream.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dog bone experiment live stream.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
This is only true for some academic institutions. Today, as cold fusion has rebounced recently, it's starting to become ok to discuss cold fusion, study it etc

Bill Gates visited some cold fusion scientists last year (google it) and he is only one of many big names starting to show interest.

When it comes to academia, I think there is a fear of the technology because its extremely disruptive. (Cheap, Strong, De-centralised)

In academia, and big institutions, while it might be ok to study cold fusion, (this is often not bragged about so you never hear about it), however it is NOT ok to try to create and commercially useful products. Because we do not understand the low energy nuclear reactions (cold fusion), we know very little of how it will effect the world, and disrupt the current order, as it makes its way to the market place. So - you can keep your job, if you shut up, and just focus on the characteristics of the effect, and the nano materials. Try making a room heater and your soon out of a job.

For those interested in how cold fusion is developing today, i invite you guys to ask questions which I can then address on my video log.

We published, for example, a video recently speaking about how Lary Page's brother is in the board of one company working with Cold Fusion. The company performed a demo at Capitol Hill in US. Carl Page recently broke the silence on Edge.org claiming not only that Cold Fusion was real, but saying that it could supplant fossil fuel, soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_C8EgjvAQ
>>
>>7811629
>Anyone who talks about cold fusion gets perma banned by academia

Duplicate the advertised results and you'll get noticed. That's the problem: Cold fusion wasn't duplicated. It became a mess of negative results and unconfirmed reaction products. Pons and Flesh-man were con men, intent on leveraging some experimental apparatus into a media sensation.
>>
>>7811629
>Can /sci/ please explain this to me?
Dogma.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.