[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is charisma when it comes to landing a job? There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 3.jpg (538KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
538KB, 800x533px
How important is charisma when it comes to landing a job?

There is this one kid in my class who is incredibly smart but he is really antisocial and it had me thinking of this theoretical situation. Persona A is being interviewed for a job for Big Boy corporation. He did incredibly well in his classes and was in the top 100 at his uni. This person however is a massive sperg and is incredibly awkward at the interview. Person B went to the same university and pursued the same degree but only achieved average grades. He did also have internships relating to the field as well but not as much as person A. He is however has superior social skills and is incredibly extroverted.

Who gets the job?
>>
>>7811458
Person B, hands down.
A person is no good if they cannot work with others.
I interviewed engineers at Berkeley for Boeing, and I turned down a guy with a 3.98 in EECS because he was such a pain to interview/speak with.
>>
>>7811458
>>7811440

Great, but what were the mortality rates really like from the disease? You autists act like there is an outsized chance that you will even catch one of these diseases.
>>
File: 1444784309393.jpg (99KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1444784309393.jpg
99KB, 441x408px
>>7811464
Maybe you are just a shitty interviewer and judge of character
>>
>>7811458
>>7811464

Always person b. spergs don't survive in the real world very well.
>>
>>7811458
Generic jobs would choose B. A is in some special fields but generally a stretch.
If your job interview asks what your greatest weakness is, it's almost certainly a tired interviewer who has no or somehow a disgruntled humanities bloodhound.
>>7811467
wuz gud
>>
Why are there black people in that photo? I don't like black people and I don't like seeing their faces or their outrageous hair styles.
>>
>>7811491
>a triggered /pol/tard appears!
>>
>>7811497
/pol/ loves black people though. They literally talk about almost nothing else.
>>
I don't know, but what I do know is: holy shit that girl in the pink sweater in the top left looks like shit. It looks like she is in late stage cancer with her hair falling out like that and her sickly looking skin/face. It is like a fucking zombie decided to see if it could bullshit its way through a lecture.
>>
>>7811471
That may well be. But the panel which I worked with, ranging from recent hires (myself) from Cal to experienced (20+ years) senior engineers were not impressed by his antisocial nature.
>>
>>7811536
working with others is not more important than being correct.
>>
>>7811497
>>>/pol/tard
back to Justice4Trayvon you
>>
>>7811500
fucking savage ginger roast
>>
File: Bangability.jpg (566KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Bangability.jpg
566KB, 800x533px
>>7811491
>>7811497
>>7811498
>>7811577
>>7811582

Here, I made a bangability chart.

Green : Would bang / marry me tier
Yellow : Meh / its ok but not a huge fan tier
Red : Mongoloid / Wtf kill it with fire tier
>>
>>7811570
It is if you want to work in a company you autist. Work in you garage and be correct all day on your own.

Glorious average-grade extrovert that got a "we should talk about your future in our company during a cup of coffee" after i finished an internship.
>>
>>7811596
You have shitty taste.
>>
>>7811621
Do you like fat and ugly ones ?
>>
>>7811622
I don't like that black one for a start.
Or the hideous redhead in the top centre-left.
>>
Person A for sure (unless this was a job not in his expertise). I'm not going to let my emotions about some guy's charisma let me make the stupid decision of hiring someone more likely to make a mistake that would cost the company.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.