[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone Watch Star Talk? Any particular episodes that are best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Star Talk.jpg (449KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
Star Talk.jpg
449KB, 1200x627px
Anyone Watch Star Talk? Any particular episodes that are best? or should I just pick ones I like at this point?

>inb4 meme scientist
>>
Don't ever fucking post on my board again unless you have something meaningful to contribute.
>>
>>7811258
I don't get it, why do you guys hate everything that's popular?
>>
I'd seriously like to know what's wrong with it, in a non-ironic kind of way, mr. cool-anon sir. (not OP)
>>
>>7811245
I think one of my favorite episodes where John Luck Pickard gets flashed by a probe, with some kind of energy beam, where he lives an entire life in a matter of seconds. It was really sad, especially once they found out that in that probe were the memories of an extinct race, that only managed to shoot out the probe before they died as a last message of sort. You can see the captain playing the flute in a later episodes, that he learned to play while living the other life.

Also, any Data episode.
>>
>>7811260
Well, he IS a meme scientist. What did you expect? The fact that everyone calls him the smartest person alive, and that he is the greatest astrophysicist, really rumbles my johnnsons
>>
>>7812491
>it's another "data is obviously human but he's not because no" episode
>>
>>7812520
I think Spiner did an excellent job imho.
>>
>>7811245
Not really. I'm just not that much of a fan of infotainment.
>>
I listen to it a lot while driving long distances. My favorite episodes are the ones with Jon Stewart, Bill Clinton, and the one about sociology. Also there was an episode about evolutionary biology which was great, but I can't remember who the guest was.
>>
>>7812536

I forgot to mention the Oliver Sacks episode, which was probably the best of the series.
>>
>>7811258

hurr durr I'm a contrarian cunt that hates things just because they're popular
>>
>>7812509
But all he does is attempt to bring science down to the normie level like carl sagan.
>>
>>7812556
But he's not Carl Sagan, nor will be ever be him, no matter how hard he tries. He always comes off as a pompous, arrogant twat. He never showed any real humility like Sagan has. I can appreciate his efforts to "bring science down to normie levels" and I applaud him for that though.
>>
>>7812571
He's just being himself man, he shouldn't try to emulate carl.
>>
>>7812509
I've never heard anyone say either of those things. Whether you like it or not communicating science to the "plebs" is important.
>>
>>7812575
Have you never watched Cosmos? He practically wanted to fill Carl's shoes.

>>7812577
I did say that I applaud him for popularising science. Who ever thinks it's not important is deluding themselves. I just personally don't like him, nor his methods.
>>
>>7812577
While this is true, he doesn't really do it in a good way. He comes across as condescending. Definitely infinitely better at talking to the general public than Dawkins, but still not good.
>>
>>7812593
Well that would be the entire point of remaking cosmos with just modern effects

"The Inexplicable Universe with Neil deGrasse Tyson" I'd say is a better way to go about things compared to the cosmos remake, it's a lot more casual in presentation, and goes into some more details rather than just about more general stuff.
>>
>>7812601
https://youtu.be/_J4QPz52Sfo

The above link I just to give you a point on what I'm talking about. The Origins Project brings together a few scientists and important people every year for a panel. They all have a what they call "The Great Debate" where they debate one theme every year. All of them are great BTW if you are interested in sciences for the layman and I recommend you watch them all. There are loads of good people that know what they are talking about. But, in the debate in the link Niel had a permanent chimp on his shoulders. He kept rudely interrupting everyone, cutting in by actually springing from his chair, disregarding their arguments, yelling all the time, shouting "ITS DEM POLITICS" like a /pol/tard all the time. It got to the point where everyone was visibly annoyed by him. This was also before a full auditorium with loads of people.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.