[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of this becoming a bonafide epidemic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: zika virus.gif (48KB, 650x267px) Image search: [Google]
zika virus.gif
48KB, 650x267px
What are the chances of this becoming a bonafide epidemic?
>>
>>7810782
I should maybe add that the picture is called 'zika virus.gif' for phone browsers.
>>

it's already an epidemic

look up the definition of epidemic before you use the word next time
>>
>>7810796
Sorry mate, I guess I meant pandemic.
>>
>>7810799
not him but wikipedia says it is a pandemic

look up the definition of pandemic before you use the word next time

sage

delete your thread
>>
Once it hits civilization we'll know.
>>
>>7810802
Fucking hell, what comes after pandemic?
>>
>>7810817
nothing until we start colonizing other bodies
>>
File: 1453593909441.jpg (31KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
1453593909441.jpg
31KB, 575x523px
>no one has been able to fully justify the continued existence of misquotes for all these years.
>we live in a world where there are more people who want to exterminate "x" race or ethnic group than exterminate the misquotes, knowing that these bastards have been linked to the death and suffering of billions haunting us since the dawn of modern man.

What will it fucking take to change your priorities you damn dirty filthy homo sapiens?
>>
>>7810852
>misquotes
lads, imagine being this guy right here. what a difficult thing his life must be...
>>
>>7810852
Food chain tho.
>>
>>7810817
Omnidemic.
>>
>>7810852
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>7810857

Fuck you anon you know damn well what I meant, the "mosquitoes" have to die. Just because I spelled it wrong in the initial post doesn't give you an excuse to keep them alive.

>>7810858

Two species anon, one is a small fish used as a bait catcher in the wet farms of Asia and the other is a bird in northern Canada that utilizes them in most of it's diet.

That's it, that's all they contribute to the food chain. Before you say but muh pollination remember you can always increase the population of humming birds, humming hawk moths and bees to pollinate flowers.
>>
>>7810916
How do we make them go extinct though?
>>
>>7810904
He's euphoric.
>>
>>7810925

Most likely infecting the males with some vector that either makes them sterile or the eggs it fertilizes with the female sterile.
>>
>>7810943
Could this be done to humans as well?
>>
aedes mosquitoes are invasive species (genus) to the americas and are displacing the local varieties of mosquitoes
>>
>>7810961
I was gonna ask that too but held my tongue
>>
>>7810852
i didnt fucking say that
>>
>>7810973
A sexually transmittable infertility virus would be great since it would target only those who are irresponsibly promiscuous and will likely provide bad environments for children to grow up in.
>>
>>7810989
So poor people?
>>
>>7810989
And also people likely to have a high attractiveness value, making your country a bit uglier after you've finished mkultraing.
>>
>>7811003
I don't think that matters. You'd think that after all the assortative mating humans have done since our beginning, that there'd be no ugly people by now. But there are. So who cares?
>>
>>7810999
Not all poor people are dumb but most dumb people are poor, so only the dumb poor people with bad impulse control I guess.

>>7811003
Being pretty doesn't necessarily make you have sex without a condom though, so it would only kill off attractive dumb people.
>>
>>7810989
I think we need a fatal virus that spreads from the anus of alter and choir boy bums first. Only then can we actually progress here on earth but thread is encouraging!
>>
Oh no, a disease that makes you a bit tired and the only cure is rest!
>>
>>7811007
Because it decreases your attractiveness relative to the neighbouring countries, so it would give them a selective advantage.

>You'd think that after all the assortative mating humans have done since our beginning, that there'd be no ugly people by now. But there are. So who cares?
It's relative, so there'll always be people considered ugly in the contemporary sense. But I'm sure historically they were a lot uglier, and in the future they will be a lot less ugly.
>>
>>7811010
South America is mostly Catholic, so at least these mosquitos are doing something you like.
>>
>>7811012
It also kills or severely retards babbies.
>>
>>7810852
>misquotes
>misquotes
Once it can be a spelling mistake. Twice is retardation.
>>
>tfw argie
Feels good being first world
>>
>wanting to eradicate mosquitoes
Fuck you you fucking piece of shit. This is their planet, it belongs to them and all other species, except humans. We're guests here, pay some fucking respect.
>>
>>7811054
why are we guests and not them? what a cuck
>>
>>7810782
everybody needs to relax.
this thing was engineered to create a race of super-beings who will happily perform menial labour for long hours with little pay. there'll be a self sustaining population soon breading and being imported in vast numbers by entrepreneurs for the good of the economy and all mankind.
>>
>>7811064
Because they were here before you dumb fuck
>>
>>7811018

Don't get pregnant when you have the disease then.
>>
>>7811070
So? Native americans were here first and now they're the guests. To the victor goes the spoils, faggot. Tell those bitches to stop biting if you love them so much
>>
>>7810916
They pollinate different flowers and your substitutes are not always in the same habitat as mosquitos
>>
>>7811085
>Tell those bitches to stop biting
I'm not going to tell mosquitoes to stop acting like mosquitoes
>>
>>7810817
endemic
>>
Really, the only issue so far is pregnancy complications. In a non pregnant individual the symptoms seem pretty mild and the virus runs its course.

This is still bad because thousands of babies or born every day. The best option is probably going to be similar to dengue. Control the vector.

It's important to note that it requires a specific vector (Aedes species mosquito) instead of any mosquito. Probably not gong to be a huge problem for the United States.
>>
I hope people turn into zombies so I can kill them for fun and eventually run into a group of hot babes and have sex with them all 24/7. Tell me the odds.
>>
>>7811133
As high as you getting into Harvard
>>
>>7810782
It's actually not that dangerous and with genetical engineering we can repare the DNA of the possibly disabled and retarded babys. Not a big deal
>>
>>7810782
It's already epidemic. Did you mean to say pandemic? In that case, as global temperatures rise, the range of the vector mosquitoes will likely grow towards higher latitudes, potentially making it a worldwide pandemic virus.
>>
File: worldwar-z.jpg (12KB, 403x244px) Image search: [Google]
worldwar-z.jpg
12KB, 403x244px
>>
File: 1422402961849.jpg (127KB, 1600x998px) Image search: [Google]
1422402961849.jpg
127KB, 1600x998px
>>7810943
>I want to kill every mosquito because they sting me and pain me

get a load of this hedonist.
>>
>>7811841
sex :o
>>
>>7811841
> muh mosquitos
Fuck you and fuck mosquitos. They're nothing more than flying needles with AIDS.
If you support mosquitos, you're a traitor of the human race.
>>
>>7810782
i hope pretty high, desu. with all the newborn tards, my market-value in my field of work should rise considerably.
>>
>>7811890
I agree. Got to think this as a positive sort of way as hopefully more pregnant women get diagnosed with Zika and their children are consequently born with microcephaly. Our market value should rise with the birth of retards that can't really do shit in the future.
>>
>>7811889
>you're a traitor of the human race.
Feels good not being an ally of a race full of dumb fucks and morbidly obese retards
>>
>>7811889
Mosquitos have been waging a full on war against africa for millions of years now. They are our greatest ally.
>>
>>7810814
hahaha
>>
>>7811889
based misquotes
>>
>>7812666
>>>/pol/
>>>/b/acktohell/
>>
>>7810941
>euphorians can quote things outside of existence
gg
>>
I think every breed and type of mosquito should be eradicated into extinction, damn the consequences. Bring back DDT. Introduce some other insect will fill it's marginal role in feeding bats and tiny fish.

Humans are murder-monkies, obsessed with altering their environment to suit them, let's just accept this and get on to extincting shit that doesn't need to be alive.
>>
>>7813066
>not being an antinatalist
>>
>>7810916
>That's it, that's all they contribute to the food chain

They also keep the human population in check.
>>
>>7811009
Bro it's like the best shit ever, you can literally fuck without the fear of getting her pregnant, it's what all sluts would've wanted
>>
>>7810916
>Fuck you anon you know damn well what I meant
Not him but I seriously thought you were talking about the situation on 4chan.
>>
File: confused-science-reader.jpg (19KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
confused-science-reader.jpg
19KB, 300x354px
>>7813208
So this is what pure, undistilled autism looks like.
>>
>>7814127
Exactly. Degenerates get to do what they want, and then they go quietly into the night.
>>
>>7811007
Ugly females, and I guess just pure random bad combinations of what should be good features
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.