[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the observable universe is 92 billion light years in diameter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: i5ou35uio14.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
i5ou35uio14.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>the observable universe is 92 billion light years in diameter
>within this there are (at least) 100 billion galaxies
>the entire universe potentially stretches out into infinity, with an infinite number of galaxies containing an infinite number of planets
>and yet, within this unimaginably enormous stretch of space, we are permanently bound to a couple rocks orbiting a tiny, unnoticeable and irrelevant star in a sparsely populated part of our tiny galaxy
>even if we go to other stars some day, it will only be decades after everyone currently living on planet Earth has died
>over 7,000,000,000 people will have died and been forgotten before we reach interstellar travel

What the fuck is the point of learning anything about the universe?
Sometimes I wish it was never created, an eternity of nothingness would have been better than 70 years of pointlessness followed by nothingness.
Fuck.
>>
babby's first existential temper tantrum?
>>
File: Camus.jpg (211KB, 1462x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Camus.jpg
211KB, 1462x1750px
>>
>>7809549
>with an infinite number of galaxies containing an infinite number of planets
Yea no
>>
>>7809549

So you would be less butthurt if the universe was smaller? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>7809549
>What the fuck is the point of learning anything about the universe?
To maintain the psionic thoughtform that perpetuates that mode of existence. >>>/x/
>>
what u really cry about is the god damn speed of light limit our movement
>the universe is big and expanding
That's not bad, good actually.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.