[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John von Neumann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: JohnvonNeumann-LosAlamos.gif (281KB, 490x639px) Image search: [Google]
JohnvonNeumann-LosAlamos.gif
281KB, 490x639px
What made his brain so unique? Genetics, or just incredible mental training? I fail to see how it can be possible for someone's brain to be so beyond the ordinary that it almost seems hard to believe.

If you haven't read it, take a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann#Cognitive_abilities
>>
>>7808444
People studied Einstein's brain. They've also studies Gauss's brain. They've found significant anomalies in both.

I can't find any articles on Von Neumann's brain, though he was probably the greatest genius of the 20th century.
>>
>>7808485
How can people study Gauss's brain in his time? Wasn't he born in 1777? Do they even have the equipment to hack his brain?
>>
I like this quote from someone talking about von Neumann:

"Von Neumann would carry on a conversation with my 3-year-old son, and the two of them would talk as equals, and I sometimes wondered if he used the same principle when he talked to the rest of us."
>>
>>7808497
He died in 1855.

"Gauss's brain was preserved and was studied by Rudolf Wagner. Highly developed convolutions were found, which in the early 20th century was suggested as the explanation of his genius."
>>
>>7808498
Not surprising. One hallmark of intelligence is recognizing how your audience thinks and meeting them on an even ground, so to speak.
>>
>>7808444
Both.

Obviously he had incredible natural talent. Doing massive mental calculations as a small child isn't something you can accomplish by pure training.

But to learn that much mathematics and write that much mathematics the time investment is huge no matter how gifted you are. He worked his ass off for sure.

Also he was very good at impressing people. There's a quote somewhere that the anecdote about the geometric series was something he and a friend read in a book about how to appear smart.
>>
File: memes.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
139KB, 917x871px
>tfw we will never get a genius like John von Neumann again
>>
>>7808658
>yfw geniuses like John von Neumann are born into a wrong family and never got a chance to touch Math.
>>
>>7808663
>who is Christopher Langan
>>
>>7808672
But he hasn't done anything spectacular?
>>
>>7808689
Exactly. Because he had a terrible childhood and college experience. Genius who was born into a wrong family and was never in an appropriate environment for his gifts.
>>
>>7808694
Oh ok, I thought it was a counterargument.
Being on 4chan ruined my thinking process.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 340x494px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 340x494px
>>7808444
I just know he helped in the Manhattan project
And this guy is the true madman
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.