[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the holdup with Quantum computing and Ai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Could you guys tell me what specifically are the hangups currently of creating quantum computers or true artificial intelligence.
>>
> What's the holdup with Quantum computing and Ai
The AI program. Once you figure out how to create a program that can literally "learn" and spread it to scan the internet, you will have a sentient AI that can think, decide and worst of all knows pretty much everything about humanity.
>>
>>7808068
That's not a specific hangup. AI research is being done so what problems are they encountering?
>>
>>7808059
>Quantum computers are better at machine learning
I swear to god, this fucking meme will never die.
>>
>>7808059
It's expensive as fuck. It's ridiculously unreliable. Quantum physics aren't understood enough. qbits are pretty lame. Programming something for a quantum computer takes fucking forever. And more reasons.
>>
>>7808077
But why is it unreliable and expensive is the question here (or did op really not know even this much)
>>
>>7808072
I told you you shitbird, writing the AI program itself. Do you think coders just shit out smart applications just like that ? The hangup is they can't figure out a system that can "learn" through scanning data on a massive scale. You need a program so complex that can compare and analyze the huge amounts of data to make a coherent conclusion. And even then you wouldn't get an AI in the true sense.

So thats the hangup
>>
>>7808084
>The hangup is they can't figure out a system...
>the hangup is there's a hangup

wow, very informative, shitbird
>>
>>7808072
a pool of stagnant AI techniques that are useful in only very specific applications with cutting edge research being focussed on extracting maximum performance rather than innovation.

>true artificial intelligence.
this is a meme, forget about it. also stop shitposting about it because it's not happening.

>quantum computers
another meme, which may very well be impossible. I don't know since I have no understanding about this topic but current results don't look promising.
>>
>>7808085
Yes it is. Precisely what more were you expecting?
>>
>>7808085
He's right, and he answered your question.
Writing an AI is too complex, that's the hangup.
>>
>>7808074
No no These are two separate questions. I just lumped them together for efficiency.
>>
>>7808077
Why is programming such a bitch?
>>
>>7808096
I was referring to your picture actually.
>>
>>7808085
So you don't think it's a hangup ? Then tell me how do you write a program that scans through the web, reads peoples inputs, makes sense out of them in a way that characterizes the inputs to generate a meaningful conclusion, than compare and analyze the massive amounts of data to form solid ideas and act upon them to make decisions ? I'd like you to answer them by giving examples with known coding languages that programmers use and known platforms to write this very program. Feel free to refer to any coding packages or coding libraries.
>>
>>7808086
Look. I didn't mean to shitpost. I legitimately was curious about AI and QC.
>>
>>7808108
> legitimately was curious about AI and QC.
fair enough

Now that you know the answers to the big questions I recommend proceeding by reading russel/norvigs artificial intelligence book for a thorough intro to AI techniques.

For physics I often hear landau is recommended.
>>
>>7808117
Thanks! I appreciate it.
>>
>>7808099
try to hit a moving target teleporting at the speed of light blindfolded with your dick hanging out. That's what it's like trying to program a quantum computer.
>>
>>7808151
what meme is this? I swear ive read something like this before.
>>
File: 1452544689072.jpg (84KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
1452544689072.jpg
84KB, 802x437px
>>7808059
The "hangup" is that it's a dumb pipe dream. True artificial intelligence is impossible and anyone telling you otherwise is a michio cuckoo-tier popsci retard.
>>
>>7808331
>alright everybody pack it all up. we're diverting research funding elsewhere. some guy with an MS paint drawing on /sci/ told me that our research is bunk
>>
File: GLOBAL WARMING.png (22KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
GLOBAL WARMING.png
22KB, 1152x648px
>>7808335
Yeah, and I'm sure research on flying cars and hoverboards were completely worth it too, huh?
>>
Ai and quantum computing aren't related. We could create the same Ai now that we could with quantum computers, it'd just run slower. The hangup with quantum computers is we don't know how to make them work yet
>>
>>7808059
Quantum computing expert:
>if only we had an AI that could design and program the quantum computer for us
AI expert:
>If only we had a quantum computer to find the best AI algorithms for us
>>
>>7808331
>True artificial intelligence is impossible
Are you literally a retard?
>>
>>7808365
Why don't we know how to make them work. High temperaturesuperconductors, task handling, programming, what is it?
>>
>>7808885
organic brains are not computers. there is no algorithm for sentience. you wont have AI till our computers are pretty much just synthetic analogs of higher order mammals brains.
>>
>>7808896
Neural networks combined with computing power that exceeds hunan brain?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.