[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal Life for a /sci/entist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

If you could have any life what would it be? I want to know how my fellow /sci/entists would like to live and study. Personally I'd like to live on a large spacecraft with an AI companion, huge and well equipped labs and a library. I'd travel among space marveling at the universe and while traveling between locations, research build cool shit.
>>
I'd like to live in the wild. Among the animals. Feasting on nuts and berries, bathing in water, studying the patterns and activities of wildlife
>>
>>7808037
I'd like to live in an academic convent isolated from all the normies and research math all day.
>>
>>7808044
What branch of math specifically?
>>
>>7808037
>Giving a completely unrealistic and impossible life

I don't think that's healthy, buddy. Anyways...

I would like to live in a solo apartment or maybe a small house where I'd live alone. The design of everything, from walls to furniture, would be monochrome. Just black and white to please the eye. Furthermore, every wall will have on it a whiteboard with markers lying around somewhere close so that I can proof theorems and do computations whenever I feel like it, all around.

I would program a mechanism, ideally with an arduino, that would cover up all the whiteboards like they were windows, with the press of a button. This of course for when I bring slutty social science majors to fuck and I don't want them to be weirded out or anything by the equations on my walls.
>>
>>7808047
Algebraic topos.
>>
>>7808037
exactly as pic related. Halo is awesome.
>>
>>7808053
I said ideal not pragmatically ideal. Realistically be a doctor make shit tons of cash, tinker, and read on my own. Perhaps dabble in AI if I had the time to learn that much.
>>
>>7808053
I like the whiteboard walls. I've wanted to do that for a while but with glass.
>>
>>7808053
>>7808070
White/black boards in your home get old really fast trust me.

You get sick of seeing your work all day and eventually you stop using them entirely and go back to pen+paper.
>>
>>7808037
I'd want to live in a little hut in the mountains, by a pond or a small lake.

Nobody nearby except for a hamlet where I can buy some basic food and get my mail delivered.

Enough money to mail-order all the texts I want to read.
>>
>>7808070
I like the glass idea now, why didn't I think of that.

>>7808109
I guess you are right but I think the glass would still look good even if its empty. Even if I got bored of it, it would still serve the purpose of when I get home and I need to write something down quickly.
>>
>>7808167
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Glass-Dry-Erase-Board/
http://www.instructables.com/id/A-glass-whiteboard/
well here's your diy project
>>
File: comfy bird.gif (2MB, 345x263px) Image search: [Google]
comfy bird.gif
2MB, 345x263px
SPACE HERMIT

get a space ship which self-repairs and is run by a custodian AI equipped with

>a zero-loss universal molecular fabricator and recycler
>a perpetual fusion reactor, just add water for the hydrogen!
>a stasis machine which can put some object or person into perfect hibernation, little to no energy use and no degradation over time
>a simulator as part of that hibernation module, so the occupant can live virtually in their own simulated world while suspended

pick the first star to the left and straight on 'till however many mornings it takes to get there.

spend my life just exploring the stars, going into hibernation for the very, very long trips in between them. Possibly build stuff on the various planets i visit like data caches that can last billions of years on planets which i think might eventually harbor alien life.

it just sounds fun and fulfilling, and might even do some good by giving newly intelligent species a bit of a leg-up. it'd even be fun to eventually meet a species i indirectly uplifted
>>
>>7808224
The only thing is now I'm in a relationship so I'd like to be able to visit my gf every once in a while. Perhaps a teleport option or she comes with.
>>
>>7808256
bring her with you dude, it's basically a never ending honeymoon
with lots of sex, like LOTS
>>
>>7808198
Unfortunately I don't live alone yet. Still a baby student and what not.
>>
>>7808118
this sounds comfy
>>
>>7808037
Underground experimentation on live possibly infinite human subjects approved and/or funded by the government to further my microbiological ambitions.
>>
>>7808037
>with an AI companion
Personal companion or global ship overmind?
>>
>>7810155
Por que no los dos
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.