[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expectatives for 2025. We will find a cure for cancer? Or we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

Expectatives for 2025. We will find a cure for cancer? Or we will discover inteligent species un space? Post your predictions.
>>
>>7808028
many new interpretations of qu'ran
>>
File: 1421786884028.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1421786884028.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>a cure for cancer
>implying there will be one single cure for all types of cancer, no matter how far it has progressed, and no matter the organ damage
>implying many cancer patients aren't actually cured already
>being this ignorant about basic biology and medicine
>being this retarded
>mfw
>>
>>7808028
The way things are going it's not going to be as bright as it could.

Things are looking very grim internationally, and I have reasons to believe another Great Depression is just around the corner.
>>
>>7808028
I expect CRISPR to have made us immune to viruses.
>>
>>7808028
We'll have better and brighter screens on our smartphones and not much else.
>>
File: new_ice_age.jpg (56KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
new_ice_age.jpg
56KB, 690x388px
If 2025 brings another super weak solar maximum, then the ice man cometh.
>>
File: 1419521697465.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1419521697465.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>7808028

>Expectatives for 2025.

Picture Brazilian favelas (urban dwellings built from corrugated sheet metals) engulfed in intense urban combat, tribal warfare over drug trade and the smell of raw sewage being burned in the streets.

Now combine that with Islam and Sharia zones where they enforce law with amputations and stoning.

After a while of the above industrial civilization collapses, there is a huge depopulation because the infrastructure to feed 10 billion people falls into disrepair and small societies return to a feudal like existence of subsistence farming.

Picture not related.
>>
>>7808073
How so?
>>
IF immunotherapy pans out and gets into a mass-market setting without any big devil-in-the-detail issues that most cancer treatments end up doing...

we could potentially have a reliable "cure" for something like 60% of cancers, the really common ones, by 2025
>>
According to Nasa's chief in charge, come in contact with alien life. Lets hope not little shitball microbes.

http://www.space.com/29041-alien-life-evidence-by-2025-nasa.html
>>
>>7808028
Total war i nEurope. Possibly in the Americas as well. The East will isolate itself from the rest of the world since it does not want to get pulled in the shitstorm and stagnate for 1000 years until the Western world can fix its shit, and cathcup again to the East.
>>
Engineering goes the way of programming and China and India are engineering powerhouses. Barely any new tech advancements. Global warming is still a debated topic. People are still working to make solar and wind efficient. A new terrorist group comes out of the middle east.
>>
File: future.jpg (157KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
157KB, 1440x900px
>>7808028
>>
>>7808028
Time travel by 2020, which negates all prediction.
>>
>>7808103
Is this picture actually possible? Those small buildings are skyscrapers right? So would the big buildings be structurally sound, or would they sink into the ground?
>>
File: 1442248090068.jpg (27KB, 588x330px) Image search: [Google]
1442248090068.jpg
27KB, 588x330px
>>7809708
So what do you know that no one else does about some kind of impending super virus?
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (627KB, 1500x1491px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
627KB, 1500x1491px
We figure out (accidentally) how to achieve spaceflight at relativistic speeds. Then our "growth" speeds up unimaginably fast
>>
>>7808028
>2025
I will die of poverty
>>
Hopefully good enough VR/holodecks and robowaifus but 2025 is still kind of early for that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.