[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im worried are IQ testes legitamate /sci/? should i kill mesell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: 8432.png (101KB, 753x548px) Image search: [Google]
8432.png
101KB, 753x548px
im worried are IQ testes legitamate /sci/?

should i kill mesell now ill never be smart ?
>>
Don't kill yourself, world needs dumb people too. Not everyone has to work in NASA, we need burger flippers as well.
>>
>>7807151
How the fuck do you even score less than 100 in that test?
80% of it was fucking obvious shits.
Well, even if the result is true, you shouldn't kill yourself. Not everyone is meant to be a scientist. You can find other job and be successful at it.
Don't listen to the /sci/ elitist.
>>
>>7807160

>How the fuck do you even score less than 100 in that test?

By being in the bottom 50% of test takers.

hurrr
>>
>>7807191
Well, in case you don't know, that site's database is fixed. The questions are outdated.
The actual mean of the test is about 110-120.
>>
>>7807193

Oh. Lame.
>>
you probably didn't took this test serious
try again
>>
Even low IQ retards could understand science if they put their time to it.
>>
>>7807151
Besides this test what are some others?
>>
>>7807154
>>7807160
>>7807201
>>7807204
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7807151
I am worried that IQ threads clutter up my board.

sage and reported
>>
>>7807231
>>7807231
>>>/retartedforthinkingiqtestsareanythingotherthanriggedbullshit/
>>
>>7807241
>this is what low IQ brainlets actually believe
>>
File: 1453315366005.png (119KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1453315366005.png
119KB, 500x513px
>>7807245
>mfw my iq is 118
>>
>>7807250
>>7807250
>118
>not brainlet
pick one
>>
wow im 128. now i feel like a fucking genius. 4chan i am your new king.
>>
>>7807256
I'd like to see yours, I'm curious as to what yours is, flash based est only so that you can't edit it.
>>
>>7807151
There are about 10 errors in your two sentences, varying from grammatical to spelling issues. In evaluating if this is bait, I can't tell if that density of errors is an indication of legitimacy or of contrivance.
>>
>>7807264
That would be Poe's Law, dear anon.
>>
>>7807267 for >>7807266. Ironically had a typo.

Yes Poe's law.
>>
>>7807151
Here's why psychology stuff shouldn't be allowed to be read by anyone who hasn't had at least basic training in the research methodology that's used.

Ok, so there's this property of studies called "validity". Validity is a measure of how well a given instrument measures what it's intended to measure (there's also internal validity, but we needn't worry ourselves with that now).

IQ tests (of which there are only a few that are recognized clinical instruments, must be administered by someone qualified to administer them, interpreted by someone who knows what they actually say, and they come with a boatload of caveats) are generally both fairly accurate and precise -- however, they're not fully valid. There is not a single instrument that gives a general picture of human intelligence in a way that allows for comparisons. Each specific instrument measures only a facet of intelligence and is only a valid measure in the narrow field of what it examines and in terms of the operational definitions put forth by its creators.

Much of the debate over intelligence instruments is over what exactly is important about intelligence, and the answer usually ends up being "it depends". The mental profile needed for someone who is designing microwidgets is entirely different from the mental profile needed for someone who leads a large company is different from the mental profile of a master musician.
>>
>>7807266
bait function is indeterminate when number of replies is known, friend
>>
>>7807193
>>7807193

So a 108 on that test is below 100 iq?
>>
>>7807464
Sorry m8 but 50% of people must be in the lower 50%. But the purpose of life is to be happy.
>>
>>7807193

Source
>>
>>7807505
Source: the test has been around for 5 years without any change whatsoever. The answer sheet is available on google so it has been spammed to dead now.
>>
>>7807521

So you're pulling your statement completely out of your ass.
>>
How does water In a stream from a mountain not freeze even though it's like -40 outside? I have a stream near my house and it never freezes over.
>>
>>7807538
I only know of artificial reasons. In Fairbanks where I lived, the only liquid water outside was about a mile stretch of a Chena River where the powerplant kept it warm year round with waste heat

You live downstream from anything like that?
>>
>>7807533
Not him, but if people know the answers/take the tests repeatedly it changes the score gradient
>>
>>7807560

You're assuming the majority of people used the cheat sheet.
>>
>>7807538
It's a natural form of supercooling created by keeping the water in motion. Water doesn't even have to flow at a fast rate to significantly cause the freezing point to drop.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercooling
>>
got a 106 on that test OP, and I consider myself pretty stupid (perhaps even below average)
>>
>>7807697

What's your highest mathematical achievement?
>>
>>7807151
Yes but no, that test can't messure all your mental habilities, but are focused on the math and science related habilities. So if you want to be a scientist probably it's a problem, but if you want to be a graphic designer, a driver, a football player... don't give a fuck. Ib4 srry for shitty english
>>
>>7807151

Yes and know.

I like to think in terms of Cognitive diversity.

IQ testing evaluated a defined aspect of cognitive diversity.

Whatever your genetic potential is, it is your responsibility to fulfill it. No matter how much society tried to turn you into the common lowest denominator.
>>
>>7807250
>above average
>brainlet

Nice try, brainlet
>>
My IQ is 130. How much of a brainlet am I in /sci/'s standards?
>>
>>7808061

You're a fat neckbeard that faps to anime, not a brainlet.
>>
>tfw iq of 118 last time I took a test
I'm honestly happy with this since I'm in engineering.
>>
>>7808130
Subtle bait
>>
>>7808130

How are you managing the work?
>>
>>7808132
Fine, GPA is over 3.5
>>
>>7808138

Thought as much
>>
>>7808143
Kek. Subtle
>>
>>7807278
/thread
>>
>>7807278
Except high IQs correlate across all of those (except you should replace musician with composer for a better idea of what musical thinking really is). Correlation is not causation, but that doesn't mean it is cannot possibly be causation.
>>
>>7808150

Lol. I genuinely meant it as ''you wouldn't have too much trouble'.
>>
>>7808161
>and here someone who thinks they know something spews bullshit as though it's true
The short answer is no.
The long answer is, again, it all depends on how you're defining intelligence. Like look at how you're already discounting one flavor of intelligence for another with your comment about musician/composer. That there's external validity between certain instruments does not mean that they measure what they're claiming to measure, but that those instruments mostly measure the same thing. This is an important distinction to understand because only the big three instruments correlate well with each other. These three are born of similar thinking about intelligence. The remaining major instruments diverge in correlation at about the same rate as their creator's thoughts on intelligence do.

For example, there's a multidimensional model of intelligence that includes one's ability to control their body as a factor and includes social factors
>>
>>7807278
The only proper response among the shitposting. What has happened to /sci/?
>>
>>7808225
let's not forget the other forms of intelligence

>muscular intelligence - the ability to lift heavy objects
>emotional intelligence - the ability to recognize and classify different emotions
>sexual intelligence - the ability to bring members of the opposite sex to orgasm
>receptive intelligence - the ability to believe what authority tells you
>diversity intelligence - the ability to accept different cultures and lifestyles into your life
>digestive intelligence - the ability to digest and convert different foods into fuel
>anime intelligence - the ability to classify, recognize and distinguish Naruto from Sailor Moon
>>
>>7808257
An important note is that muscular and emotional intelligence are inversely proportional to anime intelligence.
>>
>>7808225
IQ tests measure, primarily, how good the taker is at that particular IQ test, but a well designed IQ test can predict performance in future situations regarding the ability to accomplish arbitrary things given limited information using conscious thought. When people refer to intelligence, they refer to the ability to correctly assume arbitrary things given limited information, using conscious thought. While this not the only measure of brainpower, this is the only measure of a persons ability to correctly assume arbitrary things given limited information using conscious thought, commonly referred to as intelligence. Kinesthetic problems and social problems may fall under this category, but are different in that they are also heavily reliant on preprogrammed unconscious thought.
>>
Just took a test IQ 142. I wish....
>>
what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>7808341
>When people refer to intelligence
You've obviously never taken a psychology r-meth class or weren't paying attention if you took into to psych.

It does not matter one whit what "people refer to" when they say intelligence. What matters is how the term is operationally defined.

>commonly referred to as intelligence
Again: This. Does. Not. Matter.
>>
>>7808364
What do YOU mean..."you people"?
>>
>>7807261
On these internet tests?
Consistently 140, with a few points margin for error.
I'm not going to bother redoing the test, and screen capping to post it here, just to prove that you are a pleb.

Believe me or not, I don't care.

Regardless, 118 is brainlet tier
>>
Took this test at like 1am once for jollies, ~135. I was well tired tho. Also, I'm fairly sure this exam isn't a real IQ, just a flash game meant to distract UG's from their homework.
>>
>>7807250
Pfff 118 impressive that you know how to green
Seriously you would be considered mentally retarded in my familie
>>
Tell me /sci/, I took a WAIS IV as part of my IEP in high school and got a FSIQ of 141 with a high in verbal IQ and a low in performance. This was back in my Sophomore year and I never paid it much mind, but if the test was professionally administered how accurate is it?
>>
>>7808381
>oh shit! My covers about to be blown! I'll just talk down to him a big, that ought to work.
>>
>>7807151
>testes
Go ahead and kill yourself now.
>>
Don't worry OP. All that matters is your EQ. :^)
>>
File: 1453046217328.gif (2MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1453046217328.gif
2MB, 230x173px
what would happen if you had an iq of 1000? would you be able to logic your way into pussy?
>>
>>7809406

No, you'd just be an even bigger autistic virgin than you are now.
>>
>>7807151
My first test was 104 then I was butthurt and redone it, got 118. Try to do it again once, I'm sure you were just distracted when you did it the first time. I overanalyzed all choices and ended up ignoring the most obvious ones, don't repeat the same mistake.

>>7807564
I didn't even know there was a cheat sheet for this site...
>>
File: zwiegespräch.jpg (312KB, 546x634px) Image search: [Google]
zwiegespräch.jpg
312KB, 546x634px
>>7807151
yes, you should "kill mesell"

https://www.facebook*com/people/Mesell-Lopos/100001185216508
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.