[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>less water in a bong gets you higher Is this true? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (806KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806KB, 2448x3264px
>less water in a bong gets you higher

Is this true? What's the science behind it?
>>
Why would that be true? Look at the amount of water in gravity bongs.. Also water doesn't capture THC and tuck it away somewhere. It's water. If you're filling your bong with oil and semen, then I understand as that would actually severely filter the smoke.

Am I sheltered or are more people smoking pot now? I'm hearing about it on this board now geez.. Feels like dystopian fiction where everyone's on drugs
>>
>>7802497
>Am I sheltered or are more people smoking pot now?
All the ten-year olds who joined in 2005 turned 20 last year, and went to college.
>>
>>7802497
>water doesn't capture anything because its water
Drink bongwater and tell me doesn't filter the smoke
>>
>>7802530
Alright, it "filters" the smoke, but not the THC or CBDs. Water doesn't do that, fat does.

You're just tasting the shit you shouldn't be putting into your lungs anyways
>>
>>7802480
>less water
>more smoke able to pass through
>more it dehydrates you
>more you feel light-headed and "high"

it's a placebo effect.
>>
>>7802480
More water = more cooling = less coughing = more inhaling = more high
>>
>>7802552
Forgot to add: so no, not true
>>
>>7802549
Smoke doesn't dehydrate you..
>>
>>7802566
right, but the rest of it is correct. you feel light headed not because of dehydration but just from lack of oxygen.
>>
>>7802580
If inhaling a long time from a bong is enough to deprive you of oxygen long enough to make you feel lightheaded, you probably shouldn't even swim or blow balloons. If someone's holding their breath forever, I can see that.

I don't really cough that much depending on the bong. An acrylic bong for example.. I can put a low amount of water in it and inhale most of a bowl with a hit. I don't feel lightheaded, but I do feel high from it. I'm not depriving myself from oxygen, especially since I'm inhaling oxygen along with it.

I think this notion that "they're not high they're just oxygen deprived" needs to be thought out before people continue to perpetuate it..
>>
>>7802583
yeah but when you inhale and hold your breath you're doing that with pure air. you're not holding your breath with smoke in your lungs.

it's both oxygen deprivation and being high as combo. why does vaping give you a different type of high? because you don't have to fill your lungs with mostly smoke.
>>
>>7802595

But does those few seconds really cause enough oxygen deprivation to affect you like that? I mean unless your heart is pounding and you're lightheaded as is and you decided to take a long hit, I can see why people pass out like that or don't realize what's happening to them.
>>
>>7802480
As soon as THC vapor cools to a certain point it tends to precipitate and cling to the first surface it finds.
Ever notice how a bong hit becomes 'stale' quickly? This is likely because most of the good tasting, good feeling, molecules are no longer vaporized.

If you are looking for efficiency, a straight pipe is the best way to ensure the vaporized cannabinoids precipitate in your lungs instead of the inner walls of the pipe/bong.
>>
>>7802602
>>7802480
Water cools the vapor causing a drastic reduction in potency.
>>
>>7802602
>>7802604
Are you saying that it cools down enough for a significant amount of THC to cling to the surface before you could suck it out? Or are people leaving smoke in their bongs for minutes at a time for some retard reason? I think there are people that do this or they don't clear their bongs.

>not always clearing your bong
>>
>>7802480
I suppose it gets you high faster, since it is more concentrated.
>>
>>7802517
>>7802648
>it is more concentrated

That doesn't make any sense..
>>
>>7803106
less water means less water vapor when you inhale.

smoking is still degenerate though, enjoy your brain damage.
>>
>>7803108
>brain damage

Is the equivalent of making fun of an athlete for leg damage. Unless you think that people drop IQ points and forget math when they huff and puff. Kinda exhausting wasting your life raging over perceived "degeneracy", though, isn't it?
>>
File: pressure.png (6KB, 577x524px) Image search: [Google]
pressure.png
6KB, 577x524px
Relevant informative images.
>>
>>7802497
More people are doing drugs. There are multitudes of studies on this matter, on top of larger segments of the first world report increased anger, hopelessness, and disenfranchisement.

For the first time outside of war periods, mortality rates for middles aged white folk are increasing, mostly among the lower economic divide. High incidence of drug overdose, alcohol abuse and related illnesses, and suicide are surging the numbers forward.

We dystopia now anon, the facade is starting to crack at the seams. When you drive through the midwest burbs, you see the desolation first hand in the abandonded shoping strips

So yes, drug use is becoming normalized. I listed the rest, because I suspect it's a coping mechanism for an angry and stressed out population
>>
>>7803219
Life is great, I just enjoy getting high. :)
>>
>>7803219
>because I suspect it's a coping mechanism for an angry and stressed out population

But how angry and how stressed?
>>
>A 1999 study found that water pipes produced smoke with a lower cannabinoid:tar ratio than unfiltered joints. Specifically, water pipes seem to eliminate more tar than joints, but more THC as well. As a result, some believe that water filtration may be less efficient than other methods of smoking.
http://www.truthonpot.com/2014/10/26/marijuana-bongs/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.