[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>zika virus Is this the fate of humanity? With the spread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: microcephaly.jpg (379KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
microcephaly.jpg
379KB, 1600x1200px
>zika virus

Is this the fate of humanity? With the spread of mosquitos due to climate change, will the human species be split between cold-dwelling antarctic species and a tiny-brained hairless ape living in the hotter climes?
>>
>>7801821
I thought it was already the case
>>
>>7801821
>With the spread of mosquitos due to climate change
Mosquitos keep spreading because you stupid hysterics leftists banned the use of DDTs. Your retarded environmental policies create a vicious cycle of confirmation bias.
>>
>>7801894

>DDT
>>
File: claire.jpg (865KB, 1344x1397px) Image search: [Google]
claire.jpg
865KB, 1344x1397px
>>7801894

>just spray DDT
>>
>>7801894
>LIBRULS
Opinion discarded. Learn to articulate yourself better or just go back to >>>/pol/ faggot
>>
>>7801903
>>7801927
>>7801932
Greentexting isn't an argument you brain-damaged fucks. The truth is that third world shitholes are a breeding ground for mosquitos because you assholes completely banned the use of DDT elsewhere in the world, of course you don't care because you don't live in an area with malaria or dengue. These fucks could've been easily exterminated within a generation just by spraying DDT on the outside of buildings.
>>
>>7801821
>With the spread of mosquitos due to climate change

You realize that malaria was endemic in most of Europe and the US before we interfered with the environment and went into full-blown genocide mode against them.

Malaria returning is more about bleeding heart enviromentalists like Rachel Carson that LIE to the public through populistic books so we restrict wonderful pest controls like DDT.

With continued use of DDT malaria would've been extinct today, but congratulations rachel carson, you've got the blood of 50 million and counting people on your hands.

Thank god we managed to eradicate Variola Major before her time or she would've made some retarded statement that had preserved it.
>>
>>7801821
>cyka virus
turning babies into russians.
>>
>>7801938
Pro tip: mosquitos are resistant to DDT

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ps.2780080516/abstract
>>
>>7801986
Yes, and bacteria have developed resistance to Penicillin. Mosquitos have developed resistance to DDT precisely because we stopped using it, allowing them to breed resistance to it.
>>
>>7801938

>ddt
>>
>>7801947
Also the fact that wetland breeding grounds for mosquitoes are now sacred. Filling them in or draining is illegal, and any construction project that impacts them has to create new wetlands a multiple of the size of the wetlands affected.
>>
>>7802001
>Mosquitos have developed resistance to DDT precisely because we stopped using it
It's very clear you are fresh from your containment board without a clue of what you're talking about.

That's literally the opposite of how pesticide resistance works. DDT becomes less effective the more you use it. In fact, even for insecticides that aren't harmful the environment, it's recommended to rotate them because that acts as a safeguard against a new generation of insects that are selected for resistance against any one pesticide.

Go back to /pol/ you fucking retard. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE crossboarders
>>
>>7802001
SO HOL' UP
YOU SAYIN
*smacks lips*
You're saying there's selective pressure for DDT resistance because DDT is NOT currently used?
>>
File: Parasites.jpg (57KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
Parasites.jpg
57KB, 780x438px
>>7802025
>sci
>climate change
>must be man made
I for one fully support parasite chan, something needs to check runaway human population and I don't think a bunch of globalist bureaucratic teat suckers at the UN taxing hydrocarbons are up to the task.
>>
>>7802030
>>>/pol/
Take your meds as well, nothing in my post said anything about climate change -- just pointing out your misunderstanding of basic biology and natural selection.
>>
>>7801938
I do live in a shit third world country called Brazil and i can asure you that the mosquitos spread are due to the lack of education of the poor people.

Like leaving stuff that can acumulate water in open sky,so when it rains the mosquitos can reproduce in there.

It`s not a climate problem it`s an education one.
>>
File: confused-science-reader.jpg (19KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
confused-science-reader.jpg
19KB, 300x354px
>>7801894
You cannot be this fucking dumb and be able to breathe.
>>
>>7801821

A couple of good GOP voters there. Fuckn librels.
>>
There was never any proof that DDT was harmful with the exception of Rachel Carson's book. It's a shame that /sci/ is clearly politically biased to the point where they're no longer a science board and more of a "let's believe the most liberal thing possible" board because chemicals and business is bad.
>>
>>7803491

If it's so good, go and spray some in your face every day for a year and report back to us with empiric data.
>>
there are species of mosquitoes that already inhabit colder climates
>>
>>7803503
The "evidence" that it's such an awful chemical would be preferable to birth defects and children with third world diseases and deformities.
>>
Are mosquitoes more important to the food chain than we realize? They are the singular insect I can think of that feeds off land animals, oops remembered fleas. But do they prop up some unseen by me food chain with the animal protein they consume?
>>
>>7803571
Who cares? The sooner we kill them all of them the better. Remove mosquito. Mosquito genocide best day of my life.
>>
File: worldwar-z.jpg (11KB, 403x244px) Image search: [Google]
worldwar-z.jpg
11KB, 403x244px
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.