[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: cMFsvT9.png (551KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
cMFsvT9.png
551KB, 960x544px
Hey /sci/,
I need some help.
When I was in 8th grade, my father died, and in order for my family (my mother&my little sister) to at least have something to eat I had to start doing different jobs.

This resulted in me falling behind on my school subjects, especially maths.

You see, my math teacher is a really nice guy, he would always write me good grades, because he knew the situation I was in and wanted to help in any way possible.
This, however, backfired greatly.
My mom recently got a job which allows me to finally focus on my studies, but I fear it is too late. I have about 4 months to learn all there is in maths if I want to even have a chance of getting in a good uni.

Every bachelors I want to get in to requires me to pass the standardized maths test with flying colors.

This for me is an impossible task, since my math knowledge is pretty much non-existent past 8th grade. I have no idea what simple(supposedly, I have no idea really) things such as quadratic equations are.
But I want to god damnit.

So this is where I turn to you guys.

Any tips on how to go through with this would be appreciated.
Really, any book recommendation, any video tutorials, ANYTHING would be helpful.

I'm desperate, depressed because I really believe I'll be a failure in life, but god damnit I'm determined to do this, and I'll do whatever it takes for me to accomplish this pretty much impossible task. Even if I fail I won't give up, and I'll try again next year.

I've been watching khan academy videos for about two weeks, and so far they've been really helpful, however since I'm starting from the most basic of things(fundamental level), I don't think I'll be able to do things in time.

This is the test from last year : http://www.zamatura.eu/files/dzi/matematika/2015/matura-matematika-2015.pdf .
Use google translate to translate the page from Bulgarian to English(it fucks up the symbols, so you'll have to switch tabs.)

I need to get at least 79 points in it. Help.

~~~Cheers
>>
>>7800787
By the way, I won't have access to a computer till tomorrow night, so I'll check up on thread then.

Thanks to anyone who even takes their time to read this.
>>
>>7800787
First off, maybe you can't do it. That's okay. A lot of Unis have entry examinations that will assess your math level. Since that is the case, there's no shame in taking a year off, studying on your own/at a JC and then applying to the Uni you want to go to.
Second, Khan Academy will be just about the most efficient way to do this- reading textbooks will almost certainly take more time to do than KA.
Thirdly,
a quadratic equation is one of the form
[math]
f(x) = Ax^2 + Bx + C
[/math]
with the solutions
[math]
x = \frac{-B \pm \sqrt{B^2 - 4AC}}{2A}
[/math]
where B, A and C are the coefficients from the first equation.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.