[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to go to Mars or perhaps Titan? Or should we hold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1453351487822.gif (2MB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
1453351487822.gif
2MB, 400x354px
Is it time to go to Mars or perhaps Titan? Or should we hold off until greater scientific advancement?

Also side question. Should space agencys attempt to collect antimatter in the van allen radiation belt?
>>
Why would anyone waste time collecting useless antimatter
>>
>>7799156
Why would anyone want to go to Titan? It's freezing balls in there.
>>
>>7799270
antimatter can be used to create energy via annihilation
>>
>>7799382
Yeah but it's way to hard to contain
>>
Europa is actually the best bet. We'd have to have underwater bases, though.
>>
>>7799156
Titan. Inflatable craft. From frozen oxygen. Methane power. Ideal.
>>
>>7799156
Anyone else aware how the planets of that gif are moving the wrong way?
>>
>>7799428

Not when viewed from the star coming at you.
>>
>>7799386

This. We can already create small amounts of antimatter here on Earth, but it's incredibly expensive and we still don't have a reliable, safe way to store it and utilize it for thrust in a space craft.

We should definitely explore our solar system more. There is not much sense in manned missions especially to Mars, but sending probes and unmanned crafts to Titan as well as Europa would be a great leap for us. Personally I would love to somehow explore the subterranean ocean under Europa but a manned mission there would be extremely dangerous because of the high amount of radiation. But there is potential for alien aquatic species which to me is simply fascinating.

I think that we should definitely start exploring the new planet discovered. I try not to believe everything I read in the news but the tabloids are saying it could potentially have life. And who knows? Maybe it does. We really need to cut down on these senseless wars and start looking beyond the planet and beyond fossil fuels, and the current economic system. All of the latter is quite primitive and I'd love to see the species move up a level on the Kardashev Scale before I die but it will most likely not happen because humanity is gay.
>>
>>7799472
Then how about how the planets orbits are orthogonal to the galactic plain?
>>
>>7799156
>hold off
NEVER AND THEN I MEAN FUCKING NEVER HOLD OFF YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7799378
Everything past mars is freezing balls, thats irrelevant.
Titan is the only other world in this system that has large bodies of liquid on its surface (hydrocarbons)
>>
>>7799270
To make nuke-tier bombs without the fallout
>>
>>7799386
>nigga doesn't know about my antimatter flux capacitor and antimatter containment pods and injectors
>>
>>7800359
>nuke megaton
>gather karma points
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.