[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci, looking to get a better solder station. I got the Hakko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: absolder.jpg (122KB, 1400x864px) Image search: [Google]
absolder.jpg
122KB, 1400x864px
Hey /sci, looking to get a better solder station. I got the Hakko 888d, but the din connector looks flimsy and does not connect properly. I'm returning it.
I'm looking at the "American Beauty Tools solder station".

Anyone have any experience with this brand? Is it good for soldering electronics? The temp rating is the same as the Hakko.

A google of the brand mostly brings up welding metals. There is a dearth of reviews for electronics tinkering and repair with their brand.
>>
where did you manage to find this crap brand?
>>
>>7798798

Is there any functional problem with your Hakko, or are you just sperging about how flimsy the plug looks? I have had my Hakko for years and it is still trucking along. The only thing better would be a nice inductive iron, but you are looking at an order of magnitude price difference for one that isn't total shit.
>>
>>7799103

The connector does not seat property and pops 1/4 to 1/2 halfway out. I'm returning it. Maybe it was a fluke? Do you have the Analog Hakko?

>>7798965
Google search for "rugged" solder station. I also saw some videos about a ham radio group making some yagis and they had the AB station.

the AB station is 146. USD.
the Hakko 888d is 96 USD and comes with a flush wire cutter.
>>
>>7799103
There are lots of stations between cheapy Hakkos and Metcals.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.