[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fucking brother is under the impression that, ignoring the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: smog people practice kung fu.jpg (265KB, 990x661px) Image search: [Google]
smog people practice kung fu.jpg
265KB, 990x661px
My fucking brother is under the impression that, ignoring the factor of air pollution, that Chinese people are generally smaller than normal people because the Chinese population is so large and densely-populated that they don't have as much oxygen to breathe collectively among themselves, and that this is the case of all highly-populated areas, such as New York or London.

How valid is his theory?
>>
>>7798594
pretty retarded, there wasn't always a billion of them
>>
>>7798594
Aren't Asiatic people shorter in general, though?
>>
>>7798604
His response-
>Comparatively, they've always been highly populated in that area. The growth of their lineage, affected by this, was stunted over time.

>>7798610
>This effect was brought down through generations and affected those living in eastern Asia.
>>
>>7798594
Ask him to explain why westerners have collectively gotten taller over time despite having high populations in urban centers for a long while.
>>
>>7798594
Your brother is a retard.
>>
>>7798628
>Over time they grow taller because they reside in less densely populated or more densely oxygenated areas. Though their height in densely populated centers have also grown, this could be attributed to relocation from the previously mentioned areas.
>>
>>7798636
>Go fuck yourself you fucking weeboo. I bet you have an inferiority complex because your daddy loved you too much and your mom decided she liked your brother better.
>>
>>7798639
Just stop pretending you're your brother and answer normally, you twit. Or let him do the talking
>>
>>7798648
He literally wrote all of the greentext
>>
>>7798639
Your brother is operating under the assumption that height correlates directly to oxygen levels with regards to evolution. This is laughably wrong. Note that the dinosaurs were huge but lived in a time when the Earth's oxygen levels were much lower.

If anything higher oxygen levels = higher cell efficiency = smaller size.

You should punch that retard in the mouth for spouting such retarded nonsense.
>>
>>7798646
>science man disagrees, he must be a weeaboo. a bloo bloo bloo.

Cry moar, bitch.
>>
>>7798646
>daddy loved you too much and your mom decided she liked your brother better

Based dad, mum doesn't know what she's on about. Lucky anon.
>>
Not valid. At all. They're small because of most of them are fucking malnourished.
>>
>>7798594
They're small since they lack the ability to see much above them, due to their elongated eyes, thus they couldn't see certain objects above them such as a shelf or a door. They kept hitting their heads on it, and it stunted their growth.
>>
I would like to add that my brother is four years older than I am.

>>7798660
>That was my assumption. What studies or research have shown that higher oxygen levels leads to smaller size? I've also been under the assumption that there were higher concentrations of oxygen during the prehistoric era and that contributed to their massive growth.

Even if this did lead to higher cell efficiency I can't see how this would reduce the size of their offspring.

>>7798674
><3
>>
>>7798674
>They would be tall if they ate like white people.

Literally dumber than OP. Their height is optimal for their environment. If they ate like white people then they would just get fat. There's been published research on this phenomenon with groups like the Tarahumara (Mexican tribe known for running a lot), they had nutritionists work out affluent American-style diets for them based on how much physical activity they had daily. They expected the Tarahumara to become ubermen with the new diet since they spent all their time running. Instead, over the course of the experiment, they just got fat and developed fat-related health problems (heart stuff too).

Things that you consider optimal aren't necessarily optimal for all humans.
>>
>>7798695
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/4963/20131119/dinosaurs-lived-in-a-low-oxygen-world-study-suggests.htm

literally two seconds on google.
>>
>>7798594
They're small because of Moore's law. They've made so many Chinese now that all the stuff that used to require a bigger Chinese to fit can now be fit into a smaller Chinese.
>>
>>7798700
I am on my own computer now!

I just wanted to see where you had read it specifically.

First of all whenever you read any research it will always say that "the study suggests". Why does it do this you ask? Well as you surely know correlation doesn't equal causation.

Second, at the end of the article the one conducted the study was cited as saying, "we do not want to negate the influence of oxygen for the evolution of life in general with our study," Tappert said, "but the gigantism of dinosaurs cannot be explained by those theories." That alone says that the headline you so graciously pasted into your comment means jack squat.

Thirdly, the main point in this article is that the oxygen levels were likely lower because of volcanic activity. Then the oxygen levels increased rapidly increased during the ice ages suggesting volcanoes were far less active.

The data was collected from 538 fossil plant resins and this article specifically targeted the Cretaceous Period which was from 145-65 million B.C.. Depending on the carbon dating associated with the 538 specimens you can make a broad array of assumptions. These levels correlate with the end of this period, the beginning of this period, the entire period, or the scientists could have gotten wrong and it could be from 1000 years ago.

I think I was linked to this article from Facebook... It doesn't speak highly of the validity of your source ;).

Anyone have an actual source?
>>
>>7798707
Your hypothesis would also account for their small penors
>>
>>7798735
I have to add to my "First of all".

Nothing can be irrefutably proven.
>>
>>7798594
His 'theory' is based on the wrong assumptions and he is trying to account for them by any means. Real world examples show the exact opposite. The people in less densly populted areas are shorter, and taller in more densly poulated areas. Also, people are generally shorter in countries with lower standards of living and generally taller in countries with higher standards of living. Which would seem to imply that correct nutrition is what counts the most.
>>
>>7798760
African countries break your contradiction. Try again, but be better at life next time.

(If you didn't catch on, I am the brother on my own computer.)
>>
>>7798773
>African countries break your contradiction
Are you purposely contradicting me to strengthen your argument or are your Google skills lacking?
>>
>>7798779
This comment is not detailed enough to constitute an actual response. Learn how to English please.
>>
>>7798781
I will write this very slowly in the hopes that you may understand me. Are you just contradicting me for the sake of contradicting? Or are you too dimwitted to actually look up some real world example's in Google instead on basing your arguments on your limited, and quite frankly discriminatory, world-view, where all Chinese are small and all African men are tall?
>>
>>7798773
>(If you didn't catch on, I am the brother on my own computer.)

Still haven't excluded the idea that you are deranged and suffering from dissociative identity disorder. But sure I'll humor you, 'brother'
>>
>>7798795
Writing things slowly helps people read well? Or it helps you write more clearly? I hope you recognize that it is the later of the two...

I am contradicting you because you have no conclusive evidence to support your claims. My brother posted in this forum in hopes that someone might actually have an understanding of the subject at hand.

I asked you for the specific article that you were citing so we could have a discussion. Instead your less-than-basic understanding of argument has left me to beleaguer the obvious flaws in your statements.

>>7798811
Yes, because on the internet my dissociative identity disorder and myself have come onto this board to settle a debate we are having. But for the sake of argument it is just my curiosity getting the better of me.

So please do humor my "brother". Or not, whatev's.
>>
>>7798820
>I asked you for the specific article that you were citing so we could have a discussion
You have, have you? Perhaps it was your other personality that did so, since I don't remember you saying it.
>>
>>7798823
>What studies or research have shown that higher oxygen levels leads to smaller size?

^^
I've got the fever. Too bad I tore your original article down and you haven't even attempted to refute my argument.

>This is a waste of my time. I win.
>>
>>7798836
Welp my posts start from 760 so I don't remember you asking me for any article. The other anon gave up on arguing with you since he probably figures you for a nutcase.

But sure you win, if you want. I wouldn't wanna get on your bad side, or is it sides?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.