[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do computers have perfect memory but memory in human brains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1453111779639.jpg (144KB, 708x664px) Image search: [Google]
1453111779639.jpg
144KB, 708x664px
Why do computers have perfect memory but memory in human brains is complete shit and inefficient?

Where did evolution go wrong?
>>
>>7797302
>but memory in human brains is complete shit and inefficient
[citation needed]
>>
Our memory is perfect as well. We just keep most stuff in temporary files and only permanently write the ones we think are important. We also constantly delete small bits and useless parts.
>>
>>7797307
>Our memory is perfect as well.

photographic memory in autists don't count because they're 1 in a million
>>
>>7797310
who's talking about shit like that?
Photographic memory doesn't even exist btw.
>>
>>7797302
>Why do computers have perfect memory but memory in human brains is complete shit and inefficient?

Think about it this way: Why did we invent and refine computers to be what they now are? To do things that we couldn't. We have designed computers to perform rapid calculations of relatively simple data sets with precision.

Why is the human mind and memory imperfect? Why did we need to invent a computer to do such things for us? Simple. The human mind is imperfect because it does not *need* to be perfect. It merely needs to be good enough. If an organism is competent to reproduce, and the offspring are likewise competent to compete and reproduce the perfection of the mind is irrelevant. There are organisms that completely lack a brain that are selectively fit.

Evolution plays fast and loose with what it has on hand. It does not plan and engineer across the eons. Every natural living thing you see around you is the product of a massive amount of error-and-trial across legitimately geological/stellar timelines (billions of years).
>>
>>7797302
>Where did evolution go wrong?
You're implying that evolution has finished and that we are the final product, the pinnacle of what evolution has created. That is not the case. Evolution is an ever chbaging, ever growing process that has no end goal in mind
>>
>>7797315
>Evolution plays fast and loose with what it has on hand. It does not plan and engineer across the eons

Does that mean there are natural way points across the solar system that instantaneously lead to different parts of the galaxy?
>>
>>7797328
What has that got to do with anything?
>>
>>7797330
If evolution does not discriminate and is trial and error, there could be natural wormholes around the solar system that directly lead to other parts in the galaxy
>>
>>7797334
I had to pause midway to avoid laughing
>>
>>7797334
I thought we were talking about humans and how imperfect life is in general, therefore my question. But sure yea, if they exist, and is more likely that they don't according to wheel chair guy, they could form somewhere. It is more likely to lead to somewhere empty and desolate, than a galaxy IMO
>>
Humans learned how to draw and write shit down on material that last longer than their own life spans.

Perfect memory for humans is shit tier in comparison and didn't need to be selected for so much.
>>
>>7797342
>It is more likely to lead to somewhere empty and desolate, than a galaxy IMO
Unless of course they were built by Egyptian gods and hidden in a pyramid
>>
Why does paper have perfect memory but memory in human brains is complete shit an inefficient?

Why does my shit that I smear on the ground have perfect memory but memory in human brains is complete shit and inefficient?

Where did evolution go wrong?
>>
>>7797302
maybe you memory pal, and the computer can't do anything i i don't turn it on m8.

>and some sh*t brain programmed the computer chum
>being this dumb
>deal leader
>please legalise
>weed for this geeze
>YOUR memory is trainable
>my memory is a wild horse that take's every brisk breeze to the horizon pepe
>>
>perfect memory
>lossy compression
Nope
>>
>>7797302
Because our memory was evolved, not engineered.
Also computer's memory also can have faults.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.