[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if someone is inside a crate filled with water and falls from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (10KB, 637x719px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 637x719px
if someone is inside a crate filled with water and falls from a height high enough to kill someone will they survive?
pic related
>>
>>7797134
1. How large is the crate?
2. How large is the person?
3. How heavy is the crate?
4. Exactly how high up was the crate when it was dropped?
5. What material is the crate made out of?
6. Why the fuck do you need to know?
7. No.
>>
File: link-fate[1].jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
link-fate[1].jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>7797140
i just wanna know if under any circumstances it will work from a deadly height like 100ft
>>
>>7797134
It depends on many factors persons weight, volume, waters density and type, type of material, dimensions of crate to determine weight. Please be more specific.
>>
no they would drowned
>>
>>7797134
Theoretically, yes, however, I believe serious injury would still occur.
>>
enjoy being crushed to death
>>
File: flo.png (8KB, 527x507px) Image search: [Google]
flo.png
8KB, 527x507px
what if you made a lot of fish swim up against the top of the crate

would it fly?
>>
I believe, and could be wrong, that shock waves in a liquid are far more damaging than in air due to the density.
Example, fishing using grenades.
However with the box breaking open as it hits, if it was designed to split before the shockwave got generated then, person may survive. Think Niagra falls/barrel in reverse.
>>
>>7797710
Only if they shake their flippers fast enough to generate quantum electricity which would grasp the air, like a brush graspshair, due to quantum tunneling, and it would make swimming through the air ease thus affecting their quantum aerodynamics by creating an alternating current field in their quantum propulsion systems
>>
>>7797735
so id need electric eells??
>>
>>7797742
Quantum electric eells. Not less would work
>>
>>7797710
Top kek
>>
>>7797134
If the crate is completely closed I believe it would kill the person inside. Now if the top was open the energy would transfer from the bottom to the top and outwards, the thereby expelling the water and the human. I'm not sure how high, but loss of energy is bound to occur and he wouldn't go high. He would then fall again but from a smaller height and have a chance of survival. Disclamer: this is all based on mental imagery and I have no math to back it up
>>
>>7797143
>100ft
>deadly

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87

Don't even bother with the water OP
>>
>>7797134

this actually wouldn't be to hard to calculate. but I dont feel like doing the math. you need the geometry of the box, also you need the depth and orientation of the human. you find the terminal velocity of the box falling through the atmosphere. the human is moving at the same speed. then the box hits the ground and stops, but the human keeps moving, you calculate the drag of the human as he moves through the water towards the ground. the water slows his speed but because water has a relatively low viscosity and the water is not very deep, his speed is slowed by a insignificant amount. he hits the bottom of the container at nearly free fall speeds and dies. in addition if he survived the fall the water shockwave (cavitation) would burst his ear drums.

this might work if the container was 30 feet deep, and was filled with a more viscous fluid like oil
>>
>>7797134
but wouldn't the mass of the water above the person's head crush him as soon as the crate hits the ground?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.