[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic smart pills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Adderall.jpg (581KB, 2580x1378px) Image search: [Google]
Adderall.jpg
581KB, 2580x1378px
Have any of you been on a stimulant? How did it affect your mathematical ability?
>>
>>7796009
no pill will make you smarter. just kill yourself, maybe next time you'll be born with better genes.
>>
>>7796009
>>7796012
Wasn't there this famous mathematician who claimed that doing math while not on amphetamines for him was terrible or something?
He said that while on them he could look at a blank page and see a bunch of ideas and stuff.

So yeah, it probably does.
>>
>>7796012
You should do the same, maybe next time you will be a handsome man, instead of a virgin asocial faggot.
>>
>>7796012

Went from a drop-out candidate to getting As and doing a PhD on nerve machine interaction thanks to being medicated. Eat shit faggot
>>
>>7796012
>>7796029
Well you are both right. The amphetamine has helped Erdos in being more focused, but it did not made him smarter. He already had the brain power he just needed some help in driving it. Call it auto-aim assistance. Or think of it as a wizard's staff. Not everyone is born a wizard but those that do need a staff to channel their power.
>>
>>7796029
Yeah I can't recall his name, but google "the man who loved only numbers" or something along those lines.

I take vyvanse every once in a blue moon when I have to sit down and crank out hours of math or other work in a short time span, but only because it helps keep me focused. It in no way will help you understand or learn more effectively. So many people have mental blocks when it comes to mathematics, and can't open their minds up to learning or understanding even the most basic ideas -- maybe a placebo effect mixed with an intense focus will do you good.
>>
>>7796043

Yet sci will be the first to tell you "smart but lazy is just a meme :^)"

I'll never understand why some people are so against stimulants when they can unlock so much potential for those who struggle to see things through, and those with legit ADHD (I have it, it fucking SUCKS)
>>
>>7796046
What do you mean 'keeps me focused'?

I'm above average at math and have good insights sometimes but have a tendency to just stop in the middle of a train of thought and forget what I was doing. Did some psychological testing and my working memory and processing speed were a couple standard deviations lower than my other metrics though they said I didn't fit the profile for adhd.

Are you talking about fixing that kind of thing or more long term willpower?
>>
>>7796009
stimulants won't make you smarter, they will make you more hard working provided you actually like the subject. Simple as that.
>>
>>7796009

People who took Vyvanse perform significantly better on PERMP when compared to placebo groups.
>>
>>7796085
not him, but no. It will just helps you with not getting distracted or bored.
>>
>>7796085
If I work without it, I need to take breaks more frequently because after a few hours with a pen in my hand, looking at math, I start to lose processing power. Psychostimulants, at least for me, mean I can work uninterrupted for like 8-9 hours straight. Pretty scary actually because I forget to eat and shit.

I feel like motivation isn't quite my issue, it's more that I get hazy and foggy more quickly in long-term grind sessions than the average person. Also, most stimulants will give you a slight euphoria, and mess around with your dopamine uptake and what not, which definitely gives you a greater sense of reward when you complete a problem.
>>
>>7796084
>Yet sci will be the first to tell you "smart but lazy is just a meme :^)"
I'll bet you that 9/10 it is just a meme. But sure there are those who have the potential and truly do have issues(online tests don't count) that keep them back.
>>
>>7796122
My issue is that i start shitposting first thing in the morning and end up focusing on maths at 9pm
>>
>>7796144
Well your potential is basically zero and you're a faggot to boot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.