[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be NASA >only been to the Moon once... 40 years ago >most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (24KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
24KB, 349x349px
>be NASA
>only been to the Moon once... 40 years ago
>most people still think moon landings were fake to this day
>be Elon
>wants to go to Mars and terraform it
>suddenly there are actually millions of people right now who believe Elon can pull it off
>>
> be a shitposter
> shitpost
>>
>>7795467
>Has lots of money
>Has hired probably the best talent in the field, next only to NASA and even that is debatable
>Is actually doing shit with the money and engineers he has, and well documenting all of it to increase support for his company both from the public and investors.

I think that he won't be able to do it in his life time but one day we will get there, it is obvious.

Btw, there is no majority who think the moon landing was faked. The only people are the 3 guys who browse /x/ and their friends.
>>
>>7795470
Statistically (based off the average 2015 US life expectancy) he has until about 2052 to get to Mars. With life-extending treatments that he'd easily be able to afford / get in line early for, I think he's definitely going to get his wish of dying on Mars. Terraforming obviously won't be achieved this century.
>>
>>7795470
Russians, Americans and tons of people around the world think its fake. There are pictures with spotlights reflecting from the glass, mismatching shadows and dozens of irregularities. Only an /x/tard would believe something so cheap just like all the other fake UFO videos they believe.
>>
>>7795478
Explain to me, what benefits does the US earn by faking a moon landing?

Make money?
Fuck no.

Promote interest in science?
Fuck no, after the moon landing NASA budgets went down to the floor.

To trick the idiots so that the government can recognize the actual elite of >200 IQ people like you?
>>
>>7795486
To start a space race with the Russians so Americans can get away with a cheap fake footage and make russians jelly, not to mention wave USA #1 flags around, so russians waste their budget trying to send rockets to space.
>>
>>OP
There have been 7 lunar landings.
Apollo 11 to 17 landed on the moon
>>
>>7795495
But why though?

So the US made the moon landing up, to promote science and engineering for the russians?

Don't you think that is counter productive? You are giving your enemy incentives to upgrade their technology beyond yours, while you just make shitty videos.

That is why, in a war, you never want your enemy to know exactly how advanced your technology is before the battle begins. Just like you wouldn't want the enemy to know your numbers and your positions.
>>
>>7795499
6 landings. Apollo 13 dont really count
>>
>>7795500
That was just someones idea. I don't think thats indeed why they did it. I am skeptic about it because of the pictures. Most of them don't look fake, but some of them have very irregular lighting issues going on.
>>
>>7795510
Probably because the moon has a very thin and weirdly composed atmosphere it gets unadulterated sunlight
>>
>>7795486
Boost interest in technology to get enough kids to study engineering to make the computer revolution a reality. Make sure to let everyone know that if a high tech revolution will happen anywhere, it will be in the USA.

"Making money" is irrelevant on that level. It is all about charming and attracting the right kind of attention from the right people.
>>
Because its 2016 and not medival 60s

I mean comon
>>
>>7795514
>Kid looks at moonlanding
I want to be an engineer!
Said no kid ever.

I want to be an astronaut!
Said literally every kid.

Did you think this one through?
>>
>>7795514
>government caring about education
After a certain point this just becomes silly anon
>>
>>7795519
if you aim for the stars, you might have a chance to be an engineer
if you aim for engineering, you'll be stuck at jobcentre
>>
>>7795500
No.. not to trick the russians... to let smart individuals who are not (yet) americans know where the right place to go if they want to be part of building the coolest high tech stuff.
>>
>>7795519
>I want to be an astronaut!
>Goes to learn about how to be an astronaut
>Step 1. Get a higher education in science / technology / engineering
>>
>>7795528
>90% of the kids get discouraged, realizing that they are dumb pieces of shit that get Fs in their adding and substracting tests.
>>
>>7795519
Well they would learn where the right place to go to become a great astronaut then.
>>
>>7795532
That's fine if the other 10% represent a higher percentage than it was before.
>>
>>7795470
>one day we will get there, it is obvious.
And after a few visits we'll see it's a complete waste of money, it is obvious
>>
>>7795532
Yeah well then they would love to become janitors or plumbers at the space centre or whatever they could manage to become. The important point: they would learn from an early age the correct direction to go for.
>>
>>7795539
Yep I think you are right. But honestly I think Disney does that more efficiently these days.
>>
>>7795537
>Waste of money
Virtually infinite more housing space, so that rich investors can own the land and sell it to people to make big money like they do here.
>>
>>7795522
> you'll be stuck at jobcentre

Nah. That is the punishment if you are not egoistic enough to know to shut the fuck up on the internet when you realize how things really work.
>>
Is /sci/ the easiest board to bait? It seems like the combination of contrarianism, autism, and manufactured self importance makes you bite at everything.
>>
>>7795553
>bait
>provokes a discussion about the benefits of space colonization
>provokes a logical discussion about why the moon landing was not faked.

/sci/ - The only board where baiting is useless because we are so smart we can still have a worthwhile conversation.

>Probably has to do with our high IQs.
>>
>>7795553

No, go on /3/ and say anything about Blender. Sit back and watch the shitfest.
>>
>>7795556
> baiting is useless because we are so smart we can still have a worthwhile conversation.
get off your high heel horse fuccboi. you can trigger people even without using a bait here. people are so eager to fite over nothing that all you have to do is introduce a common controversial subject and there goes the thread along with 2 hours of your life.
>>
>>7795565
>Calls it fight.
I ctrl-f words like retard and faggot and none of them have been used in the entire thread, before this post of course. Other words like fuck have not been used in an aggressive context.

No one is fighting here. The only one mad and booty blasted here is you.
>>
>>7795563
> No, go on /3/ and say anything
I've asked help from /3/ some time ago about visualizing a simulation and when I checked back at night, my thread was in the 3rd row on the front page with 0 replies. wtf is going on in that board ?
>>
>>7795553
>>7795556

Manufacturing self importance just to have to spend resources combating it afterwards... for what purpose? If the person understands the resources spent on fucking with them, it should only increase their self confidence even more, shouldn't it?
>>
>>7795478

>take home made astronomical laser
>program it with own system
>point it at the publically available mirror placed on the surface of the moon by astronauts
>receive own laser back

????
>>
>>7795573
Most people are so much easier to dribble around using their emotions than you could possibly understand. You must be an assburger for real.
>>
>>7795467

That's because the average american is a complete moron.
>>
>>7795576
Would it not be difficult getting the precision and wattage needed in a consumer grade laser and detector to get that to work?
>>
>>7795520
They don't care about people being informed, but they do care about their economy being galvanised.
>>
>>7795571

Yeah, /3/ is full of kids wanting to program games, a few artist types, and a handful of archviz people. They don't do scientific visualization. You'd probably have better luck on /g/.
>>
>>7796322
Oh I have been to /g/. And I said never again
>>
>>7795895

For a consumer?

Yes

For any Russian or Chinese observatory that would absolutely love to disprove the idea that the U.S. landed on the moon? No
>>
>>7796422
therein lies one of the greatest conspiracy-debukers. The launch, the landing, the trip back and forth, the transmissions of telemetry/radio, the pictures, video and so on. All of this could easily be spotted as faked by any of the other major world powers at the time, especially the Soviets.You dont think the Soviets would have been the first to call "fake" if there was even the slightest chance of an american PR-disaster?
>>
>>7796422
>>7796495
i'm agreeing with you, btw :p
>>
I really hope Elon never lives to see the Mars landing. He really fucking pisses me off. Just grinds my gears.
>>
>>7796500
he wont

but even if he did he's going to die so is everyone else
>>
>>7795500
>That is why, in a war, you never want your enemy to know exactly how advanced your technology is before the battle begins. Just like you wouldn't want the enemy to know your numbers and your positions.
Internet generals, roll out!
Russia was always paint over rust, the plan was to get shitloads of taxpayer money and funnel it to big corporations as part of that lol trickle down scam. Basically hand billions of dollars to rich people without making it look like they are just drinking it straight from your veins.
The Cold War was always a distraction.
>>
>>7796495
>to escape earth's gravity well, giant rocket, plume of poisonous gas
>to get to low lunar orbit with lander, moon's gravity 1/6th earths, thing the size of a small bus
>wat
not even a conspiracy theorist, whether humans got to the moon or not is irrelevant.
Wanting to get to Mars and fill it with trash is seriously stupid.
>>
>>7796541
That has to do with the rocket equation being a bitch and how it really helps to be able to leave your fuel for the transfer orbit behind and come back for it later.
>>
>>7795478
german here
I think it's fake too, I really hope Hitler sama made a base on moon
>>
>>7795469
underrated ghost
>>
>>7795576
Landing a mirror on the moon is much less challenging than landing a group of people.

We won't be able to know for sure until that private Audi-built rover drives by one of the Apollo landing sites.
>>
>most people still think moon landings were fake to this day
>most people

Keep telling yourself that

Underage ban
>>
>>7798282
Yes, most people think that. Everyone except rednecks and patriotic americans
>>
>>7795495
>cheap fake footage
They actually sent up the largest rocket ever constructed in the history of mankind, 13 times, each time watched in person by thousands of people. Even if they didn't go to the moon, the rocket they sent up capable of going to the moon was real and by far the most expensive part.

What's the point i faking it when it's only slightly cheaper and easier than the real thing, minus your dignity.
>>
>>7798062
and you think if it was fake that that rover would reveal it? his companies literally rely on government funding
>>
>All these /x/ fags trying to make a point.

Just stop. Go back to /x/ or perhaps even /pol/.
>>
>>7795576
The Lunar Laser Ranging experiment was first successfully conducted in the early 1960's, by just using the reflectivity of the lunar surface, years before the moon landing. The mirror is alleged to be more accurate, however I have not seen the difference quantified anywhere.

I don't think you can just do this with a 'homemade laser' like you state.

Because it was already possible prior to 1969, the 'reflecting a laser from the moon mirror' argument is not really sufficient proof that the US landed men on the moon.
>>
>>7795467
>Travelling in any apparatus made by Elon 'Brace for Impact' Musk
>>
>>7795500
The cold war was an idealogical war about if communism or capitalism were better. The space race was to see which country could land on the moon first and be the "winner" in the technology war.

The Russians were getting really close with their rockets, and the Americans being afraid of losing the race is a good reason to fake something.

btw, i don't believe the moon landing was fake but there are good reasons as to why America would fake it,
>>
>>7796500
he does have an annoying face and says stupid shit.
>>
>>7795478
Go outside, you will see these 'irregularities' with your own eyes. Are your eyes a hoax?
>>
>>7795467
>>only been to the Moon once... 40 years ago
INCORRECT we landed with 6 (SIX) manned missions.
>>
>>7800327
>>we
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.