[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why there isn't a cure for herpes?? Got it from a slut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: herpes.jpg (32KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
herpes.jpg
32KB, 320x213px
Why there isn't a cure for herpes??

Got it from a slut on sunday and I want to die.

(IDK if this is OT, sorry)
>>
It goes away after like 10-15 years. Maybe longer.

I once had one of those dirty shot girls in New Orleans try to kiss me with her herpes mouth. You're an idiot if you couldn't tell there was herpes all up in whatever you touched.
>>
>>7794857
most people have it dormant anyway.

treat it, it's no big deal.

least u smoke ciggs and fukk slutz anon
>>
>>7794869
>it's no big deal.
then why do people want to cure it
>>
>>7794867
how can you tell when its dormant though
>>
>>7794894

It's not contagious when it's dormant.
>>
>>7794869
>most people have it dormant anyway.

I am glad to not be one of those people. As in, I don't have herpes.
>>
>>7794935
Are you sure? There is such a thing as a passive carrier.
>>
>>7794954

Yes. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I do not have it.
>>
I'm pretty convinced that retroviruses are some of the world's biggest assholes. To the best of my knowledge I'm not infected with any known ones which makes contracting one all the scarier. I don't care if it's common, the idea of shit that can't even be seen with the naked eye making a plaything of my genetic makeup unbeknownst to me and against my will is infuriating.

I can't wait until humanity has developed the technology to purge viral DNA and drive the little fuckers to extinction.
>>
>>7794857
Herpes doesn't have a cure. The virus travels into your nerve endings and sits there and waits for your weakness to rush back and keep multiplying.

Herpes is also probably one of the least dangerous viruses. It has no effect on human body besides the look and slight stinging effect. You can use creams to dry the skin in that part and stop the spread, and some pills to make the virus go sleep. Although why it's got no cure is beyond me. It's just in there for fucks sake.
>>
>>7794857
try cutting your lips off?
>>
>>7794857
find a material that only targets herpes, is immune to it mutating different protein markers, and doesn't harm the person.
protip: you can't
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4VcOQzQm0
>>
>>7794988
>It's just in there for fucks sake.

That's exactly why it's so hard to cure.
Unlike most viruses, that take your cells as hostage and simply use their own genetic material to replicate themselves using the cell's resources, viruses like herpes and HIV literally integrates into your DNA. They become a part of you, changing you fundamentally, not simply mooch off like a leech. As >>7794988 said, it's some scary shit, and I am equally scared of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO8MP3wMvqg
>>
File: viruses-07-02757-g001-1024.png (271KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
viruses-07-02757-g001-1024.png
271KB, 1024x667px
>>7795015
forgot image
Also, this is how -all- retroviruses work, not just HIV or herpes.
>>
File: 1421634414182.jpg (84KB, 393x829px) Image search: [Google]
1421634414182.jpg
84KB, 393x829px
>>7794967
>>
>>7795021
someone's mad they got teh herpes :)
>>
>>7794967
You're part of the 10% of the world that doesn't have it then.

Freak.
>>
>>7794983
>I can't wait until humanity has developed the technology to purge viral DNA and drive the little fuckers to extinction.

Got bad news for you, bro. The future of cancer treatment is in retroviral gene therapy.
>>
>>7795027
Don't talk in my direction, filthy plebeian.
>>
>>7795015
> viruses like herpes and HIV literally integrates into your DNA. They become a part of you, changing you fundamentally,
Wtf ? Isn't there a way for the body to identify alien DNA and get rid of it ?
>>
>>7795028
>The future of cancer treatment is in retroviral gene therapy.

Bullshit. Reverse-transcriptace is too error prone, making mutations rampant. It'll evolve far too quickly and create far more problems than it solves. DNA viruses are far more stable.
>>
>>7795036

No. How can it? It's not like it comes in a different color. It uses the same 4 bases and sugar-phosphate backbone. To the cell, it looks like gibberish, just like its own DNA. Which is why once it's inside, it's at its mercy.
>>
>>7795040
It's different than the rest of our DNA isn't it ? So whatever is different, you may just target those parts so it will only attack them and don't touch anything else.
>>
>>7795044
>It's different than the rest of our DNA isn't it?

No. Well, it's different in the sense that it serves different functions, but there's now way for the cell to know what any of the functions are. It's not like there's some pattern in the base pairs, and even if there was, there'd be nothing to compare it to. Once the DNA integrates into the host genome, the only copy of the original DNA is corrupted.
Sure, uncorrupted copies exist, but they exist in other cells, and our cells don't have a means to share genetic information like bacteria do.
>>
>>7795051
Wat if we make a custom virus that replaces the foreign DNA with our DNA :^) Surely it's going to have to be engineered separately for every other person.
>>
>>7794983
>>7795015
>>7795018

Yea except herpes isn't a retrovirus, it's a double stranded DNA virus. Retroviruses are +sense ssRNA. HIV is a retrovirus though.
>>
>>7795060
>Wat if we make a custom virus that replaces the foreign DNA with our DNA :^) Surely it's going to have to be engineered separately for every other person.

When you can find a way to do that, go contact NobelPrize. There's no way to know exactly where the viral DNA inserts itself into the host genome. It's different for every cell. We can barely differentiate functions between genetic material within a single cell, let alone a hundred billion. Oh, and that's ignoring the problem of our own immune system fighting off this virus. Let's say we made it bypass our immune system. Then you have to solve the evolution where that supervirus you created mutates and evolves to be a super-efficient, self-replicating machine that wrecks havoc in our bodies for its own self interest. At some point, that -will- happen, because its survival will depend on it from a natural standpoint.

Well, you could just, you know, not get infected in the first place. There's no cure like prevention.
>>
>>7795069
Targeted gene editing is being tested in humans. Gtfo /sci/ fucking high school biologist.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 883x355px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 883x355px
>>7795063
>Yea except herpes isn't a retrovirus
Don't know where you're getting your information from.
>>
>>7795063
herpes is a retrovirus.
Here's the CDC site.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC515639/
>>
>>7795076
That is a link to a fucking awful community college essay. How about you look up the Baltimore classification?

>>7795077
1. That is not the CDC website
2. It doesn't say herpes is a retrovirus, it describes the transcription of viral DNA by RNA polymerase, which is NOT a reverse transcriptase.
>>
File: 001f.gif (35KB, 792x497px) Image search: [Google]
001f.gif
35KB, 792x497px
>>7795077
Retroviruses are RNA that get turned into DNA. Herpes is already DNA.
How can you guys be so misinformed?
>>
>>7794967
You've never had a cold sore?
>>
>>7794967
>mother never carried it dormantly
Dood
>>
>>7795370
I don't have it either. Mother was a virgin 'till she got knocked up with me, dad wasn't but didn't have herpes. Mum never got a cold sore, nor have I or my siblings.

Granted, the trade off is me being a kissless virgin that's super awkward when trying to flirt because I ask people if they've ever gotten a cold sore before and bail if they say yes (or, more often, get bailed on for asking).
>>
>>7795386
>Mum never got a cold sore, nor have I or my siblings
the absence of evidence... and all that
>>
>>7794857
Take her to court for not telling you she had an STD before getting in the sack
Money will make you feel much better anon, don't you worry
>>
>>7795389
Fair enough. I've never thought to get tested for it. I'll do it next checkup.
>>
>>7795440
There are several types, and 90% of the population carries some form or another.
http://patient.info/doctor/human-herpes-viruses
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.