[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 12

File: 1430575370134.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1430575370134.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
So, scientists and mathmaticians.

what is the stupidest thing youve ever done?

:/
>>
I microwaved a hotdog wrapped with aluminum foil
>>
Looked down the barrel of a tennis ball mortar to see why it wasn't igniting. At that point it ignited and burned my eyebrows off.
>>
I was a drug addict for years.

Currently earning my maths phd.
>>
>>7794342
I ate a bunch of shrooms and killed my dog
>>
File: breckfast.gif (1018KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
breckfast.gif
1018KB, 300x167px
>>7794354
Do you mean aluminium?
>>
>>7794398
That's hard, man. That kind of baggage will ruin your life if you let it. Don't let it.
>>
>>7794413
Probably, I'm drunck
>>
>>7794342
Being a virgin, and an atheist too. Thanks god he save me.
>>
>>7794397
According to only source of academic advise, the video series 'So you want a PhD in Mathematics', doing crystal meth is perfectly okay.
>>
>>7794342
Admitting I was wrong.
On the internet.
>>
Current Ph.D. candidate here. The stupidest thing I have done (in my career) was going for my Ph.D. It has delayed me from getting a decent paycheck, pigeon-holed me in regards to qualifications for jobs, consumed a huge amount of time and energy, and...here's the kicker...if I had entered the job market after my MS degree, I could probably already be at where I'll start once I graduate with the Ph.D.
>>
>>7794441
Outside of career related things, I did blow a line of ants once. I couldn't stop sneezing for about an hour afterwards.
>>
>>7794441

What field?

I've been having similar thoughts recently, although I am only 5 months in to my PhD and don't have an MS. (chemistry)
>>
>>7794458
Biological sciences, specializing in ecology.
>>
>>7794398
If I were you...
...well, I can't even imagine a way to live knowing I did that.

(Yes, I fucking love my dogs).
>>
>>7794441
But where will you be in 20 years?
>>
>>7794473
Likely in a supervisory position, conducting field-based research/data analysis and earning a higher pay grade, in some federal agency.
>>
File: pepe.png (87KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
87KB, 285x285px
fell in love.
>>
>>7794398

wtf how
>>
>>7794342
I licked a dead frog in 9th grade bio
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>7794490
>he fell for the gf meme
>>
File: sadboys.jpg (33KB, 720x709px) Image search: [Google]
sadboys.jpg
33KB, 720x709px
>>7794529
ive fallen for it before but it never felt this bad

she didn't even seem sad when she broke up with me

she just lost her feeligns entirely

apparently kissing her in public and saying "calm down often" had been bothering her

but why didn't she just tell me while we were dating

why'd she have to ruin me

why /sci/
>>
>>7794532
>having a gf
>not aiming for a PhD in wizardry
>>
>>7794441
>He didn't do it for the passion

That's where you fucked up
>>
>>7794551
You're making a big assumption. But let's be honest here, even if you love your research project and are batshit crazy about science, a Ph.D. is a bitch to complete and is accompanied by the disadvantages listed.
>>
>>7794397
what kind of drugs, anon?
>>
File: triggered.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>7794461
>2016
>getting a PhD on the food chain
>>
>>7794664
Your ignorance is showing
>>
>>7794413
No he means cobalt
>>
added one
>>
>>7794490
Its alright, anon. You have a nice pep at least. I'll save it for you :)
>>
"It was a bad decision, I won't do it again!"
"Okay"
>>
I didn't take my bachelor seriously. I would be in a much better position if I weren't so stupid back then.
>>
I put a fork and a knife inside a glass full of milk and microwaved it. I don't have two of my fingers now
>>
>>7794342
I drank a solution of ammonium persulfate on accident and was rushed to the ER
>>
>>7795072
Was it from touching it or an explosion?
>>
>>7794354
That's sodum/magnesum/plutonum
>>
>>7795089
I lost them in an eel attack.
>>
File: 1431430053290.jpg (94KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
1431430053290.jpg
94KB, 500x657px
Not kill myself
I make the mistake every day
>>
>>7795112

this
>>
>>7795068
This
>>
>>7795098
kek
>>
>>7794424
>I didn't take my bachelor seriously. I would be in a much better position if I weren't so stupid back then.

Im also getting a PhD, id love to do some brain steroids but during the time i did it, i experienced heart problems to the point i thought i may die.
I accomplished more in one weekend than in two weeks of work without though...
Another big thing is the severe punishment you receive.
Be drunk half of the time, a burden for society and relatives and its okay.
But god forbid you do illegal stimulants to be able to do more (unpaid) work, then youre marked as criminal scum.
>>
>>7794551
Passion doesn't matter much to your success if you make the wrong political choices along the way. You could still be made looking like a failure no matter how good you really are. They will just put puppets close to you looking like they succeeded where you failed. All to make you irrelevant ( and to piss you off, of course ).

You would need to be some kind of autist or assburger so those tactics don't work very well on you. A reasonably normal person would easily have been emotionally devastated by that tactic, probably even driven to criminality.
>>
>>7795599
Thinking about it, criminology... ;) Any puzzle pieces falling into place now, huh..?
>>
>>7795366
>>7794424
Erdos was quite famously an amphetamine enthusiast.
>>
>>7794342
>what is the stupidest thing youve ever done?
started browsing this site
started playing video games
>>
I fell for the pure maths meme from /sci/ two years ago, but now I'm starting to regret it, and a part of me wish I picked philosophy instead. The reason why I want to study philosophy is because its the purist purific area to study and is the foundation to all things.

I blame the philosophy majors and /lit/ for not coming to my rescue two days ago being the fact that I'm not interested in the content, but more, or so the level of purism; of how it could ultimately stroke that tiny egotistical penis of mine.
>>
>>7795068

this again. enrolling in a post-bac to get my GPA bolstered to have a better shot at medschool.

Also:
>switching from medical technology B.S to Biology because Ecology driven Biology was the "easy way out"
>>
>>7794639
All of them, dozens. I was addicted to drugs, but never stuck to any one drug for more than six months. Only drug I haven't tried is pcp.

Sometimes I wonder how much damage it did, how competent I could have been at math otherwise.
>>
>>7794423
Then, I'll pray for the demons
Hope that works
>>
>>7795098
damn
>>
Went to a massage parlor multiple times in 2014-2015. My new year's resolution was to stop going to massage parlors and just move on.
>>
Killed a patient
>>
Literally confused my toilet with my stairs and stamped right into it. Shit was nasty
>>
Once I assumed that Noetherian rings must have finite Krull dimension. My reasoning was that if a ring has infinite Krull dimension then it must have an infinite chain of prime ideals, so it's not Noetherian. The problem is that it doesn't necessarily have an infinite chain of prime ideals, it might just have finite chains of arbitrary length! That was certainly the stupidest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>7795734
you better fucking explain. You can't bring that shit up and not elaborate.
>>
>>7794397
Same senpai

Except instead of math phd I'm graduating highschool lmao kill me now
>>
>>7795748
>I thought that someone cared
ftfy
>>
>>7794445
WHY
>>
>>7795767
To win a bet and $20.
>>
>>7794342
I once wrote "let epsilon be < 0 on my homework".
>>
>>7795761
I was wheeling an older patient over to get an MRI. There's a bump in the floor near the examination room so I warned him about and we went over. It wasn't very hard but he seemed to be very quiet after that. By the time we got to the MRI room a minute later he was deathly white and had trouble breathing, vitals dropping rapidly. Turns out that one bump was all it took to burst an aneurysm in his aorta.
>>
To try become nerd ass scientist. I'd rather be a neo nazi. I could and go Zyklon B my professor becouse he is a faggot and didn't let me pass his gay ass course.
>>
>>7795783
>didn't let me pass his gay ass course
>being this entitled
What are you even doing here
>>
>>7795787
You beat me to this comment.
>didn't let me pass his gay ass course
Professors don't let you pass a course, you earn the right to pass a course. Stop being such a whiny bitch, grow a pair, and perform up to the level expected of you. If you can't do that, save yourself/your parents some money and go be cannon fodder in some foreign land.
>>
>>7795787
>>7795806
>taking the bait
>>
>>7795787
I have no idea. I'd like to be a construction worker. And it's funny how you pass other courses with 5/5 grades but this course's exam was just something awful, irrelevant questions and all.

And I think he is really gay, he had a piercings in his ears and his shirt had a neckline. You wouldn't see that on a reichuniversität becouse he would be in a CONSENTRATION CAMP. And his assistant was a transexual. Really weak man with long hair. Sad.
>>
>>7795820
I don't consider it bait given that a good proportion of undergraduate students actually think this way.
>>
>>7795806
>you earn the right to pass
It's funny how this is not true. He let those pass, who licked his butt.
>>
>>7794532
Because she didn't love you in the first place, no woman feels love unless its brought
>>
>>7795831
Good luck in life, kid.
>>
>>7795839
Good luck for your academic career.
>>
>>7795831
If that is true, then tell yourself "I don't need this" and just drop the class. Life is too short for letting yourself be tossed around by people like that.

Just make sure that before dropping it you feel confident in showing your skills as you may have to if you won't be getting the certificate for that course.
>>
>>7794458
You can get a PhD wo a MS ? what is this
>>
>>7794441
If you did the Phd for the money, then yea it was stupid
>>
>>7795897
No, I didn't undertake my Ph.D. for financial reasons.
>>
>>7794445
were you ozzy on tour with motley crue?
>>
>>7795893
Some faculty advisors will take on students fresh out of their undergrad studies and allow them to bypass their MS degree while earning their Ph.D.
>>
>>7795908
No. Just high school.
>>
>>7795887
It is "a must" course. I'll just re-examine it. No biggies.
>>
>>7795893
Yeah in the USA I think you can do one after your bachelors. In Europe not so much.
>>
>>7795916
Aaah I see what you are doing now. :) Well nice try then and good luck to you.
>>
Wasted 2 extra years finishing high school because "muh gaymes" were more important. Never studied my math decent during high school and now I lack a lot of the basic skills.

About to finish my last year of Applied CS and starting Computer Engineering next year, so I need to catch up on my math..
>>
>>7794532
you mean "calm down" often otherwise in what context are you saying "calm down often"

I tell my girlfriend calm down or chill down like every 5 seconds and I'm in like kind of the same position
>>
>>7795775
nobody comments on this lol

wow rough why did they even have bumps in the ground is it still there
>>
>>7795927
How could you even pass the first courses at university without being confident in high school math?
>>
>>7795775
Well if his aorta was that bad already I guess it could rupture from just about anything like leaning on his stomach or whatever. Not much you could have done in any way.
>>
>>7795946
Because here (belgium) it hardly requires any math, just basic math, statistics, probability and some modulo which I did fine in.
Also there's a big difficulty gap between college and university whereas college = baby math and university = holy shit math (at least in cs)
>>
>>7795599
This:
Watch out. There are some serious career bureaucrats/asshats playing scientist out there now. These types will play endless political games forcing everyone around them to waste as much of their time as possible on pointless assignments/paperwork/meetings so that they don't discover that they're actually phonies. One clue is they don't really talk shop; another - all their colleagues work on material that's different enough that they cant really double check eachother. They don't really have a passion for the material (blank emotionless stare when the subject comes up, long delayed responses to obvious answers), which is odd considering they somehow got a phd in it. They'll go after you hard if they think you're on to them, and they could destroy you emotionally if you're not prepared.
>>
I only browsed /b/ for 6 years and then both /b/ and /pol/ for another 3 years before i discovered /fit/, /sci/ and /ck/.

I promise Im a reformed anon. Im not here to shitpost
>>
>>7795985
My biggest mistake was trying to go-along-to-get-along with one of these, hope my passion for the science would get me through. It didn't and I am still paying the price.

If you encounter one, get out IMMEDIATELY, no matter the cost.
>>
>>7795990
Took me roughly the same time, maybe 1-2 years less

But ye, lit, ck, sci and to some extend g are really good boards
>>
>>7795951
Probably would have burst from being moved into the mrI machine
>>
>>7794398
What the fuck shrooms don't make you kill your animals, you absolute fucktard. Either should have locked yourself or your dog somewhere.

Irresponsible nigger
>>
>>7795650
You won't even complete your B.S. in Math, unless you're in some shitty school anyway.
>>
>>7795985
Well it could also be a person who is slowly getting sick and/or old and losing their sharp and just growing more and more afraid of not being accepted in his or her role any longer. Having gotten responsibilities but slowly being unable to take them on.

How do you tackle that situation? That got to be a real tough situation since no one involved would really want to talk about it.
>>
Some years ago in 1st year, I said that the field with p^n elements is isomorphic (as a ring) to (Z/pZ)^n...
The teacher humiliated me in front of the whole class, everyone laughed at me

This was the stupidest thing I ever said
>>
>>7795072
it was probably the milk
>>
>>7795770
> let epsilon be a big negative constant
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>7794532
Chances are, if you had to ask her to be calm so often it became irritating, she was unstable. I don't know your situation but years of life and subtle observations have taught me patterns of human behavior.

She could probably do well with guidance through discussing with a good listener things that she doesn't understand that happen in her head. Someone like that probably needs security and positive reinforcement and a lot of it. Not saying you didnt, I don't know, but I do know some people that have loud as fuck personalities that often get told to calm down, and they hate that. Even if she does find what she needs, she probably won't stay with it for long, some people are like that. Like a firecracker, beautiful to watch, hard to hold.

It'll get better /sci/ guy.
>>
>>7796028
Nope, not in this case. The prof is 40; right off the bat playing games to break me down - with no regard whatsover for morale or work quality. I didn't know the meaning of the word obfuscation until working there. It really changed my world view, and I discovered /pol/ soon after.
>>
>>7795990
Ditto, came here for the lulz, stayed for tits, keep coming back for a good place to discuss things in a way that I would never do in live situations.
>>
>>7794423
Did you fuck god or something?
>>
>>7796069
well no, i just say "calm down" a lot because when I was a kid my brothers would get angry very quickly, so it became a habit. so if people are being even a lil bit excited i end up saying it. i just really think she should have asked me about it before she broke up with me...

i'm still going to try to get her back. i'm going to ask her later today to go on a date tomorrow. say "if you start to have feelings for me again, we can continue dating and we'll both be happy. if by the end of the night you still don't have any feelings for me, then i'll stop bothering you forever."

i don't know if it will work, but i really want it to. i think i love her, still.
>>
>>7796071
Well... at least you have learned what such a person or personality or pattern of behaviour may look like and how to avoid it in the future!
>>
>>7796089
dude oh god please don't say this
>>
>>7796095
what's wrong with it?

help me out senpai
>>
>>7794342
My worst mistake when comes to ladies... Chatting for too long without actually meeting. You don't know if you fit until you meet in person. The longer it takes until then the larger the expectations will be. The larger the expectations the higher the fall if it doesn't work out. You will be wasting a larger percent of your time and emotions on hopes and dreams just to have everything crash and burn when those expectations aren't met.
>>
wasted 90% of my teens on vydia.

immagine all the shit I could have done, all the virgin teen puss I could have gotten. instead I played call of duty: finest hour.
>>
>>7796098
Listen, literally everything you can possibly say to her right now in your current state of mind is going to be really cringey, and you're going to hate yourself for years after
>>
>>7795775
kek, you made his hearth explode.

you are a terrible person.
>>
Not playing video games.

During my youth I wanted it but I was an overachiever. I worked hard, got to the best unis, got highest honors everywhere and I'm fine with that.
But when I see my buddies who had good times playing video games, to party, to do what teens do, I feel a little bit empty
Being a beast at math is not about the whole life, after all
>>
>>7796109
As long as you had fun playing call of duty, don't worry about it

Probably would have had just as much or less fun awkwardly trying to fuck a girl than shooting up nazis with your friends
>>
>>7796119
What else could I say? I really don't think I'm going to be happy so long as I'm not with her.
>>
>>7796093
The experience took a massive toll, but I'm on the (long) road to recovery now. Hopefully posting about it here can help others avoid falling for the same trap. Wolves in sheep's clothing...
>>
>>7796136
Just keep busy doing other things. Immerse in some computer game or your favourite hobby or spend time with your friends or travel or school or jobs. Just keep your mind on other things and you will find you will slowly get over her. I had a summer when I was totally in love with a girl and it went to shit. Then I had like 4 exams after the summer. I studied my ass off and nailed them all and it did help to get confidence back and also keeping my thoughts healthy.
>>
>>7796128
Anon help, I am becoming a math monster so my major becomes easier, but it will cost me a bit of my personal time.

Any advice?
>>
>>7796152
I'm scared, though. I'm not sure that there's anyone who could make me as happy as she did, and I don't think I would want one too.
>>
>>7796155
Yes. Get real drunk and have crazy conversations on the internet in the afternoons :o) Just make damn sure you're anonymouse while doing it so it ain't on facebook or some other place which can come back and bite you ;o)
>>
>>7796155
Don't listen to
>>7796175
this is terrible advice. Instead hang out with people in real life and keep your socializing skills alive. Just a few hours a week should do wonders.
>>
>>7796156
Love can be really strong, like a chemical drug but you will slowly get over her. Just try and spend your time working hard doing useful stuff - preferably things which usually increase both your confidence and your mood.
>>
File: 1447441805315.png (135KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1447441805315.png
135KB, 512x512px
>tfw I fell for the theoretical physics meme
Learned a bunch of ivory tower QFT math and just now realized that it's completely useless in real life. I wish I invested all that time acquiring practical qualifications. Seriously, quantum physics is only good for pseudo-intellectual circlejerking.
>>
>>7796209

You probably solved advanced differential equations which pop up in almost any branch of engineering and learned algebra so advanced many engineers would be jealous.
>>
>>7796200
i'm not really interested in getting over her. i want her back, rather.
>>
>>7796156
Literally everyone feels the same way you feel at some point in your life. It'll get better, no matter how bleak it seems
>>
>>7796155
well, be hardcore. Do not choose too much classes, it's useless : instead, choose 3/4 math class (the classics) and for each class fix a reachable schedule : the following was mine

1) do ALL the homework exercise as soon as you got it. Do at least5 exercises every day.

2) be sure you're able to prove all the interesting proofs very quick. If someone in the street asks you "hey, can you prove the Cauchy-Lipschitz theorem ? Or Picard's fixed point ? Or Rolle, or completeness of C[0,1] ?", you should be able to throw a simple proof on the board in less than 5 minutes. If you're not able to do it, then work it again until it's done.

Learning things this way will make you a machine and mathematics will become so much easier.
>>
>>7796230
Yes that is the first reaction. But as someone else said, in your current state of mind that will probably be hard. Girls will start to notice you and become interested when you get your confidence and independence back up, not when you are desperate and begging.
>>
>>7796241
this is a very good advice
>>
>>7796129
shooting up nazis is not a good thing
>>
>>7796028
I don't want to think of it like that. Because then I might have been the asshole or the stupid and paranoid guy.
>>
>>7794420
>>7794468
>>7794492
>>7796015

Jesus, dog lovers are creepy faggots.
It's not like he killed a hobo. Just a dog.
>>
>>7796282
you are playing with fire my friend
>>
>>7796290
If that stuff worked he would likely have exploded a long time ago.
>>
>>7795824
KONZENTRATION
>>
bumo
>>
i used to think i was "smart"
>>
I fell for the engineering meme
>>
not kill myself when i was younger
>>
>>7795775
Could be worse, you could have put your hand on him as you put him into the MRI and had that thing go off. Then it'd be more difficult to explain.
Anyway his illness killed him, move on.
>>
>>7794458
How?? Did you get a flawless GPA or something?
>>
>>7796858
See>>7795910
>>
>>7796860
I saw that post, but it didnt explain why the faculty members decided certain undergrades should go for a PhD right away. I'm doing a Bach in Chemistry now and would love to skip the Masters
>>
>>7796862
Typically you must be an exceptional student in your BS program or demonstrate extraordinary aptitude to warrant an advisor deciding to take a chance on allowing you to forego your MS for a Ph.D.
>>
>>7796868
That seems like what I would have guessed, cheers
>>
I dropped out of maths to pursue engineering, but didn't have the high school prerequisites to do so, and now must face the fact that I may have to wait until next fall to attend school again since I won't be given equal consideration.
>>
>>7796071
Can you please explain exactly what he did, or what types of alarms he set off other than his blatant confusion with the subject.
>>
>never tried in school
>never brought work home, did it all in school
>didn't give any shits
>98% overall high school average
>24th in my class out of a couple hundred
>went to college for physics
>I'M GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD
>wtf am i going to do with this? i won't teach, i couldn't teach, i'm not built for it.
>well, i love music and have been playing and recording since i was 13
>switch major to music production

>switch major to music production
>music production

beat my stupid mistake, you can't.
>>
>>7794413
Do you mean ayyluminium?
>>
>>7797466
damn son
>>
File: 1313346028981.jpg (12KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
1313346028981.jpg
12KB, 200x320px
>>7797466
Anon, I...
>>
>>7795775
Wasn't your fault
>>
i didnt realise i loved pure maths until 3 months ago

im trying my hardest to swot up and hopefully switch from physics to maths, but it will be tough
>>
I fell for the "all of your mates in high school are fuckin' stupid so you think you're actually good in maths" meme
>>
>>7797657

>tfw never had this because was in a class with the British Mathmatical Olympiad National Champion and we got taught by a guy with a PhD in pure math

i was so shit compared to him I used to stress out over it like mad, but now we've gone out seperate ways things auddenly seem a million times easier
>>
>>7796239
Can confirm
>>
>>7797665

>i was so shit compared to him I used to stress out over it like mad, but now we've gone out seperate ways things auddenly seem a million times easier

this is so fucking fundamental on every thing in life, every time you fucking stress over competition with someone, once you get really good at it, you seem like a god to every other guy out there

always seek competition with guys that do things really good
>>
>>7797717
>always seek competition with guys that do things really good
SO FUCKING THIS
>>
>>7796128
i played too much video games and all i can do now is playing video games
>>
>>7794413
Nah, it's aluminum
>>
>>7796239
I got my rejection email from the Imperial college today and I needed to hear that, thank you anon
>>
Broke up with a girl, only to later realize I love her.
>>
I was making a small solar vehicle and accidentaly cut the whole thing in two
Some people saw and I acted like I meant to do it and walked away
Never have I felt so autistic
>>
File: sfdhiosflgh.jpg (199KB, 1240x299px) Image search: [Google]
sfdhiosflgh.jpg
199KB, 1240x299px
>learning disabled in mathematics
>go to school at a school that requires calculus for it's biology program past the first year

JUST

I feel that I'm actually learning via this Khan academy stuff but I ended up joining the Navy after essentially panicking and wasting 1.5 years at college fucking up and being absurdly depressed and alone. I'll be shipping out on a four year intelligence contract in a few months, then I'll see about going back to school on the Navy's dime after I've powerleveled my mathematics.

I'll tell you this: staring at a midlevel calculus problem or chemistry problem featuring anything beyond pre-calc and bring essentially unable to function isn't fun.

Perhaps journalism and embedded reporting skills have been a better major choice. I'm sure I'll have to work for quite a while to untank my GPA in the Navy, but at least I have a bunch of AD medals and a very high SAT scoe to back me up.
>>
go into stem
>>
>>7797866
>learning disabled in mathematics
What does this even mean? You either have a general learning disability, or you're just incompetent at math. And if you don't have a learning disability, incompetence in mathematics is not intrinsic but rather arises from thinking about mathematics in a fundamentally wrong way.
>>
>>7795775
Not your fault man
>>
>>7794342
> what is the stupidest thing youve ever done?
Discover 4chan. My life could have been much more different if I never saw this website.
>>
>>7798343
I don't understand this meme. What don't you like about 4chan?

>Doesn't attempt to fix what's not broken, same aesthetic since release.
>Anonymous (to an extent) posting,
>A culture that allows for everyone to join in on discussion and have their opinion considered.

It's an autismo's paradise.

You choose to spend your time on this website, for recreational purposes, if you were to never discover this website then you would have most likely spent your time doing another recreational activity. The same goes for people that blame their shortcomings on video games.
>>
>>7798442
Because it becomes an addition. It's like being trapped in a huge room with thousands of autistic people.
>>
>>7798456
except you have the key to the door and you can leave and come back whenever you like
>>
>>7798456
addiction*
>>
>>7798463
Addictions are not easy to give up. I thought I'd quit 4chan when I got into a job but it only made it worse.
>>
>>7798456
What this Anon said. >>7798463
Exit your browser right now.
>>
>>7796889
-in a very mathematical/technical field, assigning (and forcing me to mark) extremely long and time consuming written reports which cover overly complex/irrelevant subject matter (without covering the basics) citing students' inability to understand high school math.
-was generally more interested in strictly adhering to things like office hours than assigning work that could be performed and marked fairly.
-Errors that show a lack of understanding of first principles in work/presentations slated for publication by previous grad students and will not admit to the mistake - instead attempting (and failing) to explain the issue away. (This is not just something like forgetting to label an axis on a graph, although those errors were there also, which is particularly odd since students would be docked marks harshly for similar errors.)
-When challenged, cites inappropriateness of a student questioning a professor - slinks away.
-Moving the goal posts in terms of pay rate by forcing you to pay tuition for 4 semesters per year instead of the regular 2 in the first year.
-Rubbing in the fact that I am not eligible for top scholarships (I had decent grades, but not straight a's), like she didn't even look at my transcript when hiring me.
-general asshatery such as feigning ignorance when necessary, emailing me on holidays, ignoring my emails for long periods but demanding prompt replies for hers.
-demanding 40 hours per week attendance during summer when she herself is rarely in the office, no one else at the school is doing similar work, and the job can easily be done remotely.

just shit like that. it was fucking hell.
>>
>>7794423
This
>>
>>7800033
this post got me into the thread but I don't understand what's going on
You a student or an employee or both? And what benefits are gained for them for rekking your future and current use of time?
>>
>>7794342
I fell for STEM meme. 3 years unemployment, and going strong.
>>
File: 1439449635918.jpg (80KB, 880x577px) Image search: [Google]
1439449635918.jpg
80KB, 880x577px
Becoming a mathmatician. I thought being good at math would land me any really good job, I sure was wrong
>>
Was lazy and did a shit job on my senior thesis so I won't get into a good PhD program.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.