[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Must there always be a reason to fall out of love? Or can it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: sne9Dhv.png (696KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
sne9Dhv.png
696KB, 1240x826px
Must there always be a reason to fall out of love? Or can it just happen? I find it more logical that if you truly are in love, not just infatuated, it has got to take something to fall out of love if you are drawn to a person. What do you think?
>>
>>7793765
Love is a more /x/ related topic.
>>
your posting on a chinese cocunut carving website for love advice, what makes you think logic is something you have or can percieve?
>>
>>7793771
This. We have no anecdotal proof that love is real. It's probably a normie conspiracy.
>>
>>7793765
Spiderman must be constantly ashamed
>>
>>7793777
love is just the word for the feeling that we are meant to feel to stronger the attachment between two people so they can live a monogamous relationship. jesus.
>>
>>7793786
>monogamous relationship

Humans are not biologically monogamous. That is why the only monogamous people are sexually neutered 60 year olds who stay together only because of tradition. And those same old guys in their 30s and 40s cheated the fuck out of their partners and their wives did the same.

Love is the subconcious 'You really need to fuck this slut' feeling that makes you attached to that person so that you are driven to fuck her. That is why after 3 to 10 fuck sessions and specially after anal, you lose all respect and all love for the girl.
>>
>>7793765
wouldn't fear add power to the legs so you can run away, i don't know what's going on in that diagram
>>
>>7793812
I'm inclined to believe it is pseudo science. Like people who think you can assign colors to emotions and somehow that has meaning.

Like 'Love is red and red is like fire. Burning passion...'
>>
>>7793820
if you saw the scale to the right you would understand that the colors are meant to represent the intensity
>>
>>7793826
>intensity

Of what? Temperature? When I get depressed do I get cold as fuck?
>>
>>7793765
Love is a biological system that is what causes humans, maybe some other animals too, to breed. This is why love potions are a thing, because love is biological, not magical. Falling out of love just means your brain has gotten so used to the person in question that it can't manufacture the same levels of happiness again.
>>
>>7793811
/r/theredpill gtfo
>>
>>7793831
oh my fucking god no the intensity of the sensation of the feelings you feel jesus fuck.

example: when you are in love you feel a ticklish or warm feeling that is felt the strongest in your chest. do you understand now you retarded fuck?
>>
File: 4358cdd1a7d511d85402aa2b11f6377f.jpg (949KB, 1339x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4358cdd1a7d511d85402aa2b11f6377f.jpg
949KB, 1339x1024px
>>7793811
>Love is the subconcious 'You really need to fuck this slut' feeling that makes you attached to that person so that you are driven to fuck her.
Not him, but I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've never had a girlfriend, but I have a waifu and I know I love her. I did had 3D crushes before, they were all about 'You really need to fuck this slut', but the love I have for her is something really different. It's sexual of course, but it's just one of less important aspects.
The most important is to have someone who cares about you and to have someone you can care about. To have someone who is this important for you and to be this important to someone. Someone who will always be on your side and you can trust with everything. I could happily live with her if we loved each other but couldn't have sex(which I'm kinda doing), but not with sex without love.
And of course after every session of making love, we feel way closer and love each other even more.
>>
>>7793890
>sensation of the feelings
>feeling that is felt the strongest

So pseudo-science? got it.
>>
>>7793905
I think he meant how sensitive are you to touch, temperature etc.
Are you really this dense?
>>
>>7793905
It's not psuedo science. Do you not know what a sensation is? It is right there when you feel any feeling. fucking shit you're retarded i think i'm gonna give up explaining shit to you. I 100% bet you're from saudi arabia or something considering you don't even know what "sensation" means goddamn
>>
>>7793916
Excuse me. He was the one who came up with the sentence
> the intensity of the sensation of the feelings you feel jesus fuck.
>sensation of the feelings you feel
>the feelings you feel

So excuse me for believing he is a complete retard.
>>
>>7793890
no you don't
it is one of those things that you spend your life trying to find because you heard it exists, like a soulmate or happiness
none of those things objectively exist, their symptoms do but not the ideals
>>
>>7793921
>It's not pseudo science
>Has yet to provide a single source for that awful graph

Yeah... excuse me for being... skeptical.
>>
>>7793924
Well, you are right, I guess. Maybe if he could use scientific terminology without ad hominem and give proper source, it would be clear what he want to say.
Better not waste time with him.
>>
>>7793935
>none of those things objectively exist
I disagree.
>>
>>7793811
No, love makes you stick around longer so that you can take care of the kids.
Love is an evolutionary benefit since it increases the chances of your children to survive.
>>
>>7795152
This. People forget that it isn't just about "fucking"

For evolutionary success humans have to take care of their children for +- 20 yrs. That's a fucking long time. Besides that, both parents are needed, children of single mothers/fathers are always retarded in some ways.
>>
my problem with love is that it's seldom shared equally for eachother
>>
>>7793811
>You really need to fuck this slut

Actually, that falls under infatuation.

The problem is that people can't tell the difference between love and infatuation nowadays, or assume there is none.
>>
File: 1442000583793.jpg (196KB, 1140x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1442000583793.jpg
196KB, 1140x1212px
>>7795347
>about to say I'm not retarded
>realize I'm about to attempt to defend myself on a Vietnamese fish-trading forum

Never forget that if you start out life without love, you'll never be able to have love in the end :'^{
>>
>>7793892
He is right tho. Love is just an incentive to reproduce. What do you think would happen if nature didn't implement any kind of sex drive? We would either go instinct, or we would really struggle to survive because most people wouldn't care about sex.
>>
>>7795453
No, love is incentive to reproduce, but it's not only about sex.
Love makes you care about your partner, makes you stay with them, help raise the children and form a family. "subconcious 'You really need to fuck this slut' feeling" that fades off after sex isn't love, but a mere infatuation and this is where he is wrong.
>>
Basic problem of monogamous relationships, apart from the obvious biological stuff:

1. You only have two parts, if one of these decides that it's over, it is.

That seems pretty obvious right? But it has a lot of awfull consequences to it. In any relationship (not just romantic ones) and social interaction in general you are basically fighting for power, both subconciously and full well intended. In a group this is not a huge problem cause everyone gains positive stuff from that, if the most powerfull person fails or is incompetent, he just gets thrown out and replaced. Now look at our romantic relationship again, where you simply have two people. The fact that the person can't be thrown out puts a lot of pressure on both parties. Both are trying to be the alpha subconciously but after some time it usually settles down to one of them and each one accepts his role.

Now you have an alpha and a beta. Alpha is the powerfull one, beta tries to gain alphas approval. You might as well say "there is always one person who loves the other one more". Basic social psychology tells us that once you try to impress someone or be interesting to someone, you become uninteresting to that person. Simply because people always only put the least amount of effort into keeping someone that they need to do.

Example: Guy is the beta, girl the alpha. He wants to stay with her, so he lets her do more and more of the decisions. At first she likes it but the more she gets the more she needs to get the same kind of feeling. Eventually the guy does literally everything for her so she has to do absolutely nothing to get his affection, gets bored and leaves.

Conclusion: The concept in itself is flawed and will never work without a lot of social pressure.
>>
File: k.jpg (29KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
29KB, 450x312px
>>7793811
cool
>>
>>7795850
and the amount of lust = love on this thread is cringeworthy, but I guess thats what you expect from 4chan
>>
>>7795828
And?
Polygamous relationships are way less stable than monogamous, and without any relationships we can't properly raise offspring.
>>
>>7795856
Never said polygamous was better. Just pointed out basic flaws.
>>
>>7795856
you fagets all lack long-term perspective. in the future, relationships will be obsolete. kids will be raised by the state, that is a scientists-philosophers dictatorship, as it is supposed to be.
>>
Jesus.

Love =/= lust=/=passion=/=caring

These are all separate feelings and applying them to another human will end in different outcomes.
Love is that "I enjoy your presence and you're attractive in ways that are pertinent to me", the flutter feeling that often times doesn't last for long because you tend to lose value in the novel parts of a person as you are exposed to it more and more.

Lust is what happens when you just wanna fuck. Knowing the mind behind the machine is not so important and even the consequences of those actions that lust leads to are less important than the feeling itself. Lust comes and goes (just like you, if you know what I mean).

Passion has more to do with personal endeavours, when lust goes and love is no longer novel, passion can carry on. It will not usually reveal anything new to reignite love but it is an excellent place to start caring. Passion is logical. You're with them for a purpose: loyalty, tradition, proving something to yourself or others, etc.

Caring is what comes after all. You cannot care for someone from your gut, it must be a conscious decision, or else it's love and it will likely fizzle out. If you consider the other person in all of your own actions, you likely care, very much, about them.

None of you read this and I'm babbling. Why is this on /sci/
>>>/adv/
>>
>>7796070
Yea, nothing is perfect, nothing new here.

>>7796120
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>7793765
Love is only a meme.
>>
File: hothead bingo.png (166KB, 680x824px) Image search: [Google]
hothead bingo.png
166KB, 680x824px
>>7793765
>happiness makes your head hotter than anger
i don't know what to believe anymore
>>
>>7793777
LUCKY TRIPS FOR TRUTH
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.