[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planet KIC 8462852 and Alien's megastructures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: hyperspace.jpg (666KB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
hyperspace.jpg
666KB, 1500x801px
Have Astronomers Found Alien Megastructures After All?

Scientists deny that comets were the reason of the deem. So what is that, Sci?

Any takes?
>>
50000TH THREAD LEL xDDD
>>
>>7793548
>Have Astronomers Found Alien Megastructures After All?
NO

>Scientists deny that comets were the reason of the deem. So what is that, Sci?
Noise / Instrument error

The way the light intensity / time curves fluctuates is pretty random and erratic. You would think advanced aliens would have some sense of order if they had built superstructures around the star's orbit.
>>
what if Dark Matter was actually aliums megastructures with some kind of invisibility field?
It seems obvious that any advance civilazation doesn't want to be found by civilizations too different from itself for coexistence
>>
>>7793553
Not everyday we are seeing such news as from that Kepler's planet. Especially the latest news in google's feed are exciting. Scientists still cannot find the answer why so we can propose our own varients.
>>
>>7793548
>Have Astronomers Found Alien Megastructures After All?

No.

>Scientists deny that comets were the reason of the deem. So what is that, Sci?

Not entirely sure.

>Any takes?

It might be your mom.
>>
>>7793569
dude its not fucking aliens. just drop it

we all had our hype when the news first popped up and there was a possibility that it was alien signals. But we know now that it's not any sort of signal because we've been listening it with big ass dishes for the last 3 months from every frequency available.

It was a fun ride when it started but now you're just trying to beat a dead horse.
>>
File: Ai-chan.jpg (221KB, 600x931px) Image search: [Google]
Ai-chan.jpg
221KB, 600x931px
>>7793548

I LOVE AI-CHAN
>>
Closest proof we have so far that life outside solar system is real?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28786-comets-cant-explain-weird-alien-megastructure-star-after-all/

I think this is the best we have right now.
>>
>>7793661
> https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28786-comets-cant-explain-weird-alien-megastructure-star-after-all/

> implying its an alien megastructure at all

It's self-evident from the title that the stupid article spergs it about being and alien structure already even though there is no proof. Don't post pop-sci garbage to /sci/ anymore.
>>
>>7793668
"when you've eliminated all the possibilities, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

no one can explain what those structures are.. so they must be made by an intelligence.
>>
>>7793583
>we all had our hype when the news first popped up and there was a possibility that it was alien signals. But we know now that it's not any sort of signal

are we even talking about the same thing? What about you inform yourself before spouting bullshit?
>>
>>7793697
> structures
There are no structures retard. They are deducting results by the light obscurance, thats all. The light is getting dimmed around %20 with uneven intervals, which means nothing. It's fucking thousand light years away, we can't even see it.
You idiots don't even read your bullshit do you ?

>>7793714
The only thing I need to say is that there is not a single proof or any finding remotely implying aliens. Now if you wanna challenge that come back with some proof. If not, go shitpost elsewhere. preferably in >>>/x/
>>
>>7793726
You are clearly way more intelligent than the scientists who conducted the study. You should show them how obvious the solution to this puzzle is. Why are you shitposting on /sci/ instead?

Protip: linking >>>/x/ won't hide your actual ignorance about the topic in question.
>>
>>7793740
scientists ? which scientists ? a couple of nutjobs ? They are a very tiny percentage among the scientists and astronomers who laugh at them with their asses.

It's funny how you keep avoiding to provide the proof for the alien megastructure you keep spamming since you don't have any. But don't worry, you're surprising no one.
>>
>>7793559
>Noise / Instrument error
Bullshit
>>7793726
>The light is getting dimmed around %20 with uneven intervals
There have been new findings m8.

>>7793548
It might be a previously unknown kind of stellar activity. The dimming looks pretty linear and was never discovered before although the photographs were available for decades. Other stars could show a similar behaviour if given a closer look. In any case it's an interesting find for stellar astronomers and requires further investigation with spectral analysis.
>>
File: really retard?.png (6KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
really retard?.png
6KB, 300x267px
>>7793726
let's see YOUR research paper on this subject, dipshit.
>>
>>7793795
> There have been new findings m8.
whats exactly new on the table that indicates something about "megastructures" ?

>>7793823
research paper on what ? why would i bother disproving something that is not proven or even taken seriously by the majority of scientsits ?
>>
>>7793726
>The only thing I need to say is that there is not a single proof or any finding remotely implying aliens.
I've been on /sci/ once in the past five or so years.
Back then I was turned off of the board by your autism about how aliens couldn't possibly exist in any way, despite what probabilities say.

Today I came back and I encounter you again. And you still pull that shit of denying anything that might threaten your viewpoint, even when it's the fucking facts.

Dude, seriously, get a fucking life.
>>
>>7793879
You must have a great memory, still recognizing the poster who calls himself 'Anonymous' after all those years.
>>
>>7793887
If you've been here long enough, you start getting a feel for recognizing people by their posts.

And this guy's type of faggotry rustled my jimmies so much that I'll never forget him.
>>
>>7793548
>If it's not comets, then the only other possible explanation is Giant Alien Megastructures.
Don't be ridiculous. It is more likely something far more mundane, possibly poorly interpreted historical data, some environmental cause, or just the fact that we have an absolutely tiny amount of info on what happens in the rest of the universe.
>>
>>7793879
>>7793899
I only asked for the evidence for alien life which is more than enough to rustle the jimmies of you manchildren retards.
Now fuck off from 4chan, this place is much better without you.
>>
>>7793908
You mean the dimming of a star that could conceivably be created by a dyson sphere and has mundane explanation currently attached to it?

That's your fucking evidence. You won't get more than that until we get FTL drives or at least massively better telescopes, so stop jerking it to your hard-on about the idea of humanity being the only intelligence in the universe.
>>
>>7793914
>has mundane explanation
*has no proper mundane explanation
>>
>>7793767
>avoiding to provide the proof for the alien megastructure
>provide the proof for the alien megastructure

are you retarded?
>>
>>7793933
>provide the proof for the alien megastructure
where did this happen?
>>
>>7793767
>t's funny how you keep avoiding to provide the proof

What proof? There is no proof.

>Put down the dank doob
>>
>>7793949
nowhere. its an /x/ circlejerk where they shitpost and run away from scientific questions like rats
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.