[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been a Kurzweil follower for a long time. How many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Kurzweil2029.jpg (50KB, 927x519px) Image search: [Google]
Kurzweil2029.jpg
50KB, 927x519px
I've been a Kurzweil follower for a long time. How many /sci/entists are true believers that we'll reach AI in 2029 and quickly reach the singularity soon thereafter? I live in Silicon Valley and there are still so many people that are blind here. If you are actually a true believer, how do you cope?

The notion that we might pierce the veil of reality in a continuous arc from our current consciousnesses has caused me to go a little bit insane. It makes the universe so much more mysterious and my life seem so much weirder.

WHY ME. WHY SHOULD ANY OF US BE THE ONES TO GO ON THIS JOURNEY?

WHO THE FUCK ARE WE. WHY AM I ME.
>>
File: 1447237147651s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1447237147651s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
if its any comfort anon, even it did get invented, you would probably be too poor to afford it :3
>>
>>7789532
Afford what? Strong AI? Immortality? You have no idea how much money I have anyway :333

Anyway, I believe that we will become quasi communists and roughly equally divide the value of the gains discovered by the strong AI explosion. If we don't, I'll be among the first to rebel against those who think they deserve to hoard the value from strong AI.
>>
>>7789526
Why is OP always a fucking faggot?
>>
>>7789544
please grow up
>>
>>7789548
Right after you grow a brain.
>>
File: Zorak.jpg (28KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zorak.jpg
28KB, 461x346px
It doesn't matter if we believe, it matters if we can.
>>
Pay no attention to the name behind the post.
>>
>>7789526
Implying your, or anyone's, consciousness is real.
For all we know who we are dies every night in delta sleep and a new self takes over in the morning believing it's been the same self all along.
>>
>>7789565
Define "real". Consciousness is like a river. The water and pebbles that flow through the river change on a constant basis like our cells, but the general shape and pattern of the river remains roughly the same and transforms slowly over time.
>>
File: kurzweilpriest1.jpg (158KB, 528x651px) Image search: [Google]
kurzweilpriest1.jpg
158KB, 528x651px
>>7789526
>>>/x/
>>
>>7789526
> Implying anyone on /sci/ buys that Singularity bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 1431x1069px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1431x1069px
>>7789569
That's what you hope, anyway.

I believe they died every time.
>>
>>7789526
daily reminder to do research before posting these stupid fucking threads

processors speeds are plateauing
modelling modern AI is nothing like a full-scale neurological system
and vast revelations are monumentally beyond our reach
>>
>>7789647
The problem is that singularitards did do their so-called research by reading pop sci shit that talks about how quantum computers are super duper powerful and nanobots are just around the corner and Moore's Law is going to go on forever and are deluded into thinking that they actually understand something about science instead of realizing that they're just "science groupies".
>>
>>7789526
>I've been a Kurzweil follower for a long time

LITERALLY why? The man has been ousted for a while now as a kook, and anyone with passing knowledge in CS or neuroscience knows he's full of shit.

>The notion that we might pierce the veil of reality in a continuous arc from our current consciousnesses has caused me to go a little bit insane

None of that has anything to do with AI. Protip, considering any task, if humans can't perform it given an infinite amount of time, don't expect any AI to be able to perform it either.
>>
>>7789569
>change on a constant basis
wat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.