[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /sci/ how can we beat cancer? What are the best medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1421777626743.jpg (62KB, 480x705px) Image search: [Google]
1421777626743.jpg
62KB, 480x705px
So /sci/ how can we beat cancer?

What are the best medicine and programs to use on stopping this terrible disease
>>
We beat cancer by accepting the fact that it is not one disease, theres is hundred of different cancer. The we do what we are doing ritgh now : trying to find better radiotherapy/chemo/surgery protocol, investing in antibody/chemo/radiotherapy research, working on in vivo DNA alteration... Nowaday evything is about targeted antibdies (Erceptin anyone ?) but my own shitty and arbitrary opinion would be that in vivo DNA alteration is the way to go in the long term. Imagine b eing able to find a procancerous mutation and cure it before you have a cancer ? We are going there with CRISP so I'm rather optimistic about my prostate cancer in 40 year.
>>
>>7788715
I feel it's a bit of a misnomer to call it a disease. Like, things caused by virus or bacteria can be diseases. Addictions are addictions, not diseases. Cancer, Alzheimer's, MS and such, aren't really the same thing are they? Genetic maldunctions? I don't know.
>>
>>7788734
We are now 100 sure that at leats some cancer are caused by a pathogen, thats the only "raison d'ĂȘtre" of these new anti HPV vaccines (Gardasil for instance).

Moreover, english is my second langage so I may be mistaken, but disease is any alteration of health, no ?
>>
>>7788679
I believe cancers are caused you having bad genetics and a poor immune systems
>>
>>7788765
Well you can believe anything you want but there is environnemental factor (nutrition, inection,...)
>>
>>7788765
>bad genetics and a poor immune systems

Compared to what? Everyone gets cancer eventually.
>>
>>7788679
>nanobots (in actuality they'd probably be the size of white blood cells)
>they'd physically Identify the cancer cells and kill them and any other deasease know to man.
>basically a win at life scenario

more realistically:
>some way to chemically identify cancer cells only and all of them at once.
>once you identify them, you can either deliver a killing agent (dangerous because its will still be left over) or a chemical compound that heats up with an applied EM radiation at some wavelength that doesn't damage the human body. Heat would only be generated in the cancer cells and they'd die.
>>
>>7788823
>Everyone gets cancer eventually
Of course,but we can prevent death and save lives right
>>
Death comes to everyone
>>
>>7788679
I honestly just can't wait until they come up with a cure so I can start chainsmoking and not have to worry about cancer due to it being such a non issue.
>>
>>7789898
and you still die from chain smoking ha ha ha
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.