[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Case against Aspartame: does it cause cancer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 300x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 300x516px
Hello, this is my first thread on /sci/, and I felt it was appropriate to ask this here. After which I will continue lurking.

I was wondering what /sci/ thought about aspartame - that chemical in diet drinks an all that jazz that everyone swears up and down causes cancer, but then alot of other people say it doesn't.

I am a type 1 diabetic, and I drink alot of diet coke(it's actually one of the few unhealthy things I have in my diet)and I can't decide if I should cut it out or not.

Thanks,
-anon
>>
>>7787435
if a lot is not 1 liter each day, drink it anon. you are already fucked
>>
So explain to me what about Diet Coke is unhealthy. It's just water, flavoring, phosphoric acid, caramel color and aspartame.
>>
>>7787435
just fucking stop drinking soda
it tastes like shit and gives you the worst crashes ever
if you want energy drink coffee or green tea
>>
>>7787435
If you prefer diet coke to pepsi max you deserve to get cancer
>>
>>7787435
any beverage besides water, and unsweetened tea/coffee should be avoided (with the exception of recreational use of alcohol, of course). that being said, if i remember correctly the studies on possible carcinogenic effects of aspartame where done with dosages that were hundreds or even thousands of times larger than the amount that even the biggest lard-tard consumes per day. it probably won't give you cancer, but its bad for other reasons.
>>
>>7787593
Pretty much this. Any experiments correlating aspartame with cancer have been done on rats with massive doses, much more than you or I can consume.
>>
>>7787552
>caramel
>not cancerous
>>
>>7787435
Well, I doubt it is as dangerous as media sources purport. Whilst it does break down into methanol and formaldehyde, so do other things that we consume that no one has really raised any concern about.
>>
>so do other things that we consume
such as?
>>
>>7787662
http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsnew_fa/files/formaldehyde.pdf
>>
>>7787666
"While it is true that aspartame does break down into methanol then formaldehyde, it actually happens much more in fruit juices (about 2x in a banana, or 6x in an 8oz glass of tomato juice)." - https://whatdoesthesciencesay.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/aspartame-and-formaldehyde/
>>
>>7787435
Why not drink coke zero? It has no sugar or aspartame
>>
>>7787435
>>7787642
>>7787662
>>7787666
>>7787668
^ There are other things that have the same carcinogenic metabolites.
>>
>>7787745
Coke Zero has aspartame, plus another sweetener I can't remember the name of.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.