[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not to start a /pol/ thread, but how come although asians are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (257KB, 506x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257KB, 506x395px
Not to start a /pol/ thread, but how come although asians are smarter on average, all major advancements in physics are still made by westerners?
>>
ju brainwashing
>>
Who else would do it ? Some third world countries can't even live in peace among themselves, before reaching any scientific achievement.
>>
>>7786516
He's talking about ameri-asians dumbass
>>
>>7786529
no shit captain obvious
>>
plus maybe also social awkwardness and lack of confidence to push through all the way

a bit beta / cucked

but there are plenty of Chinese Japanese Korean physicists and mathematicians who are top
>>
>>7786506
>all major advancements in physics are still made by westerners?
Do you have some sort of evidence about this?

Sure, Europe and America dominated the research world in the 20th century, but for most of the 20th century (especially including the gigantic math/physics boom from 1900~1960) Japan and Korea were still trying to become first-world countries and China was a communist shithole trying to find things to eat other than tree bark.

Nowadays lots of research comes out of the far east.
>>
>>7786506
>asians are smarter on average
I guess your definition of "smarter" has to be called into question. Let me guess, you googled one IQ graph and it had asians at the top and blacks on the bottom? Don't be so gullible.
>>
>>7786506
they're not smarter. Maybe smarter than the average american I guess, but your premises are still wrong.
>>
File: Tao_terence_download_2[1].jpg (2MB, 3000x2068px) Image search: [Google]
Tao_terence_download_2[1].jpg
2MB, 3000x2068px
>>7786506
>all major advancements in physics are still made by westerners
I would like a word with you anon
>>
>>7786538
Okay and why exactly would it be wrong to think that way?
Was there ever a physicist that made major discoveries for humanity but only scored 109 on an IQ test?
>>
They have higher average IQ, but a smaller standard deviation, meaning less people at the genius level.
>>
>>7786538
It's not just one graph. That commonality is shown in about 95%+ of them.
>>
>>7786566
>terry
>physics (close but not really)
>also born in Australia and lives in cali
>>
Honestly, they only seem smart because of how they're raised. They follow a standard set by their parents or some cultural shame shit happens. They're good at getting an problem and solving it, but they suck at innovating their own ideas. This is almost every smart asian I know.
>>
>>7786603
If you define IQ as what it means to be smart, then yes they are. There are however other things that go into practical application of knowledge.
>>
>>7786506

Because you're talking completely out of your ass, I'm pretty sure. Look up some actual data/stats before making such obvious shitposting.
>>
dude needs a ha >>7786506 ir cut
>>
>>7786506 (OP)
A lot of the major western advancements come from Jews, who are smarter than Asians on average.

> Einstein
> Max Born
> Albert Michelson
> Bohr
> Oppenheimer
> Feynman
> Haber
> Neumann
> Gell-man
> Freud
> Rita Levi-Montalcini (her work on NGF was important)
> Schwarzschild
> Paul Ehrlich
> Ehrenfest

I googled "list of jewish scientists" and selected the ones which I recognised, and who had made significant discoveries
>>
Alright black anon here; coming to start my masters in pure maths soon.

This is what I've realized over the years... Smart White people are usually smarter than smart Asian people, but however Average Asian people are smarter than Average White people; which is why Asians tend to have a higher IQ on average.

Also the smart Jew's your talking about are the "Ashkenazis" whom are European by DNA. I don't like it >>7786654 interesting if someone does something good their considered a westerner :o? Nevertheless, he's a great mathematician. If he lived in Africa, I'd consider him to be a greaaaat African mathematician LOL! Make claims; make him one of your people; steal accomplishments!
>>
>>7786704
>whom are European by DNA
Ahh this meme again :^)
>>
>>7786506
Let's see who won this year's nobel prize in physics. Takaaki Kajita!

>>7786659
That's every hardworking Asian you know.
Smart by definition connotes innovativeness.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/top/top-inventors-2015/

https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=eng&view_op=list_hcore&venue=iGi98NXoUDsJ.2015
>>
>>7786533
There's 0 correlation between social awkwardness/confidence/cucking and STEM ability. In fact, the smarter you are, the less likely you have sex regularly. Isaac Newton was an anti social virgin for life, yet he is one of the greatest thinkers in all of the West.

>>7786704
That is a very general and unsubstantiated claim. In what way are smart whites smarter than smart Asians?
>>
File: asians.jpg (25KB, 498x295px) Image search: [Google]
asians.jpg
25KB, 498x295px
At least they are successful.
>>
>>7786612
This is my understanding about it. Greater mean but more skewed to the mean.less of really high and low ability..
>>
>>7786715
On 4chan, when we say Asians, we mean east asians (China, Japan, etc), not south asians (India, Pakistan,etc)
>>
>>7786612
>>7786720
Any source on this?
>>
>>7786506
If you look at my google scholar link, you'll see that about 60% of the names in the physics and mathematics section are Asian (includes diaspora).

There were many major advancements in physics pre 1850 made by Asian scientists. In fact, the bulk of mathematical and scientific advancement before the 17th century came from China and India.

Even in the 20th century there were significant Asian names in physics, which you may recognize if your knowledge of physics extends beyond pop science.

Tsung Dao Lee
Chen Ning Yang
Chien Shung Wu
Chu Ching Wu
Shiing Shen Chern
Yoichiro Nambu
among others.
>>
>>7786722
[citation needed]
>>
File: China 2005.png (183KB, 647x829px) Image search: [Google]
China 2005.png
183KB, 647x829px
>>7786724
No source. In fact, Asians have a higher SD along with a higher IQ. Also, IQ does not stop having an effect on academic success at 125-130. If you read Anne Roe's study and Terman's study you'll see that there is a geometric increase in rates of academic achievement up to IQ 200, the limit of measurement.

CR M W (standard deviations)
Whites: 103 104 104
Asians: 126 127 129

https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/sat/sat-percentile-ranks-gender-ethnicity-2015.pdf

Compared to the Caucasian SD of 14-16, Asians have an SD of 16-18
>>
>>7786732
Are you retarded?
I'm not even going to humour you
>>
>>7786735
where are you getting these figures?
All I see is 103.4 +- 17.7 for Chinese children age 8-10 (in 2005).

Unless you are referring to the Iodine section?
Which is pretty obvious, because lack of Iodine leads to cretinism
>>
>>7786752
I get them from my university. I'm a neuroscience major.

I was referring to the SD's.
>>
>>7786790
You may be a neuroscience major, but I still would like to see the source on the figures, since I also am a neuroscience major, and that source would be very interesting to me, if you'd be so kind as to oblige
>>
>>7786799
It's from the Chinese Journal of Endocrinology Vol 25. It's one of the most reliable journals in China supposedly.
>>
>>7786813
Ah thank you
>>
>>7786711
Ohhh, I see. Well I don't know any smart asians then. Every lab, every research group I've been a apart of, there's a pretty intelligent asian kid but he never steps up to the plate and takes on a leadership role. Even given the chance all he wants to do is be given a task to solve. It's kinda sad really. is this why they are so depressed all the time?
>>
Their higher gdp is a result of socio economic theory in practice

>but they migrated in as peasants
Thats totally not better than being a slave
>>
File: 1450584335220.png (113KB, 364x336px) Image search: [Google]
1450584335220.png
113KB, 364x336px
>>7786506
>asians are smarter
>uses Arthur Chu as an example
>>
>>7786506
>all major advancements made by the West
In the last two centuries. Broadly speaking it was the Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks, Ottomans/Arabs then Europeans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_mathematics
The Chinese, like any other civilisation, were advanced in the sciences. It's not well known because no one knows it except maybe historians.
>>
>>7786888
Arthur Chu is objectively pretty intelligent (swarthmore, jeopardy winner, columnist, voice over artist, and analyst). The way he acts, not as much.
>>
Hmm. And I came into this thread thinking I would see people bashing on Asians due to negative experiences with their TAs or cheating students and copycats.

I hear opinions on (East) Asians ranging from copycat soulless robot clone plastic surgery commies to bro tier/anti degenerate hardworking low crime crusaders. Easily one of the most divisive topics in 4chan.
>>
>>7786535
>Research
You mean plagiarism
>>
>>7786732

Bin your knife faggot
>>
Hello JIDF (Japanese Internet Defense Force)
>>
>>7786506
It's mainly culture (inb4 muh genetics and iq). Asians that have an average IQ still do better than whites with the same IQ, it's mainly cultural.
>>
>>7786506
asians follow the manual
whites innovate
>>
File: 1429461312145.jpg (15KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429461312145.jpg
15KB, 454x453px
Because people are idiots, thus utilizing cognitive bias in assessing Asians.

They confuse high academic marks with high academic contributions. Thinking that if you are exceptional in school you will automatically contribute something significant to academia when in fact such a correlation is mildly weak.

Asians are certainly intelligent but their own history has shown this intelligence is in response to over a millennium of national testing that push for rigor and dedication. It wasn't developed or mandated by the culture to constantly build abstract ideas and/or axioms, although they did indulge themselves at times in novel pursuits.

Why do you think it is most of their contributions have been in fields such as civil engineering, philosophy and military? Because their society through political decisions deem it so, value was placed on the practical and spiritual. Some of china, south korea and japan's most famous engineering structures are based on the appeasement religious ideas that so happen to correspond to math concepts (i.e. magic square) and how it would serve man and society.

It wasn't until recently has wide spread emphasis been placed on non-practical concepts that delve into pure abstraction. And such modern developments have mostly come from japan who imported academic books from europe some centuries back.
>>
>>7788077
They do better than the rest of the world anyway
>>
File: btfo.png (23KB, 492x422px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
23KB, 492x422px
>>7788081
He says, on a Japanese image board he is reading through a Korean invented flat screen on a computer with majority parts invented or manufactured by Asians (flash memory, optic drive,etc).
>>
>>7788436
All based on science discovered by whites.
>>
>>7788446
All based on mathematical and technological bedrock that Europeans got from Arabs during the renaissance who got their tech and math from Asians.
>>
>>7788436
look at the handling of fukushima
a large radiation contamination zone was found, crew says we dont know what to do, not in manual. finds higher up, dont know what to do, continue up chain until top, doesnt know what to do, asks head waste disposal chief, buries it. they follow order and directives and procedure. when confronted with new challenges they are typically lost
>>
>>7788469
they took care of it fairly well. much better than chernobyl.
>>
>>7788475
russians + nuclear material = everyone dead
>>
Westerners have the insight and drive to actually use it. We're not content to simply live, for whatever reason.

The Western being has a void within them.
>>
>>7788475
>chernobyl
completely different scenario
operators caused the accident themselves through recklessness
>>
Westerners and asians have different cultures but they're science oriented. I'm not talking about their government policies on how chinese people and americans hate their government but their take on progress for civility.
>>
>>7788480
Reminder that Russians were at the pinnacle of white science in the 20th century.

Basically, whites invent the sundial, Asians create the Quartz watch.

>>7788482
Have you read the bell curve? Whites have minimal drive. Apparently, Asians that have an IQ 6 points higher than a white person perform at a level 21 IQ points higher due to conscientiousness and work ethic.

Whites don't have insight. If they did, your civilization wouldn't be stagnating, overrun by barbarians, and your scientific output declining.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/top/top-inventors-2015/

https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&vq=eng&view_op=list_hcore&venue=iGi98NXoUDsJ.2015

Look. Even 60% the research papers in STEM in the US are by Asian names.

The reason that the US has twice all of Europe's scientific output despite having half the population is Asians.
>>
>>7788487
really ? I've heard tons of american and asian scientists but I've never heard of russians. Did they contribute to any milestone innovations ?
>>
>>7786813
>>7786825
Tibetans are pretty skewed in the lower IQ bracket which would lead me to believe that the data isn't terribly reliable.
>>
>>7788512
Tibet does have a low average IQ. Not to mention they don't get much iodine in the mountains and have a 30% literacy rate.
>>
>>7788497

Not him but here's several,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Losev

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri_Mendeleev

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Lyapunov
>>
>>7788487
>Have you read the bell curve? Whites have minimal drive.[etc]
Language is limited and imprecise. "Drive" isn't quite the right word, but when it comes to describing a complex machine's behavior over a variety of contexts, and the general clustering of traits within a given population, it's good enough.

It's about the whole more than strictly delineating a series of parts. Europeans have created most of what you see around you. Anything "race" created we either destroyed, improved upon, or actually put to use. It's not because Europeans are more "driven", it's because of the presence of a certain set of mental tendencies about to what ends that drive is applied.

Seriously, take a good look at us. Look at broken and disjointed we all are. The east doesn't have nearly the battle between individual and collective, self and other, personal success and control, that Europeans do. The cultures we create make an environment wherein most people are legitimately incapable of basic comfort or self exploration. There is always the conflict. Even the religions generated in Europe didn't give half a fuck about balance, self understanding, or anything too internal. It was all about control.

Ultimately, everyone is broken garbage, no matter where you came from. There's no denying relative to scientific and political advancements, Europe has had a very novel history. Even though Asia was just one big series of bloodbaths itself.
>>
Westerns are still more creative, since the hive-mind mentality is not so strong.
>>
>>7788531
No not really. At least half of what I see in my immediate surrounding was created by Asians. Also, when you use such a facile definition of "created," it's hard to differentiate what is Asian and what is White. A single invention will have multiple inventors.

You show a lack of insight. Do you really think Asia is homogenous with only a single type of personality? Do you think that discomfort is not THE human state (Buddha)?

You need to read a history book so that you can liberate yourself from such facile and sweeping generalizations.
>>
>>7788539
Yeah, you're probably right. Ask me on 10 different days, and I'll give you ten drastically different answers. Such is the life with chronic pain, and the only solution is death.

The base human state is not discomfort and the avoidance thereof. It's a small clustering of feedback loops that can be pushed in various directions, and this is what generates higher level experiences.

The very use of the word "facile" indicates you're not really worth communicating with on any topic of this sort. Have fun with whatever you want out of this thread. No matter what I said you'd strip it down and cram it into a hyperpolarized east vs west dichotomy instead of having any insight of your own about human communication and what is likely going on in the mind of another person.. That's how your mind works. We're all projectors, but you're a projector that fails to truly understand and appreciate their own workings.
>>
>>7788551
I don't think the usage of a single word automatically disqualifies me from anything. I used the word as I saw fit, and eloquently at that.

(especially of a theory or argument) appearing neat and comprehensive only by ignoring the true complexities of an issue; superficial.

If you look at the Jungian personality type distributions, the same trends hold for every country and there is a roughly even distribution of types. The culture is simple the layer that grows on top of those traits. There are no specific traits inherent to the people of a culture, only the culture itself.
>>
>>7788497
kolmogorov was von neumann tier
>>
>>7786714
That seems to imply there's a strong correlation.
>>
>>7788560
>I don't think the usage of a single word automatically disqualifies me from anything.
It doesn't really matter what you think. I've already taken that into account to the extent I'm able, and care to. Relative to my perspective, it was as I said it was, and it is as I said it is. Therefore, it is. Unless you can manage to sway me on the matter.

>I used the word as I saw fit
Good.

>and eloquently at that.
Yeah, you did that looping thing. While I disagree that there was any meaningful degree of eloquence to anything you stated, I can empathize with the feeling I imagine you have in mind, even if it stands on inadequate grounds.

>The culture is simple the layer that grows on top of those traits.
Stop rehashing what I said as though you're the one telling me.

>There are no specific traits inherent to the people of a culture
This is just delusional. If you put people in certain environments, regardless of any genetic clustering of traits, it will bring certain behaviors and patterns out of them and that gradient determines the course of history. You are your environment as much as you are yourself.

This ignores that you are likely to see genetic clustering per any given region. Culture is not magic. It comes from somewhere, and it goes somewhere, for many reasons. Many of which your facile and myopic framework of knowledge ignores or groundlessly rejects.
>>
>>7786506
Lack of creativity and bravery.
>>
>>7786603
Feynman actually scored around 120, while /sci/ average score is 180.

P.S. The Feynman part is true https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman
>>
>>7786506
Your idea of who is smarter than who is based upon personal biases, statistical analyses of data with their own biases due to measurement processes and initial assumptions, influences from sources who convey these analyses to you who have biases, etc.
>>
>>7786729
>the bulk of mathematical and scientific advancement before the 17th century came from China and India

they actually were extremely good at those things but the European scientific advancement did not "come" from there, since most of it was developed independently. Europeans knew shit about I Ching and stuff.
>>
>>7788636
You state in your own words that the source of culture is the environment in which it lives.
>>
>>7788693
And the information the individuals in it are composed of. Both genetic and acquired.
>>
>>7786891
They were not strictly sciences. Science as an institution was developed in the West. In Japan, for example, they were known as 'rangaku' (Dutch science) during the Edo period.
>>
>>7788436
'patent applications' offers a very poor measure.
You can easily patent anything (e.g. the round shape of your cell phone etc.).
>>
>>7788497
>american education

have you ever read Landau's book? also space industry was invented in Russia
>>
>>7788487
>The reason that the US has twice all of Europe's scientific output despite having half the population is Asians.
>is Asians

Actually, is Asians and European themselves.
>>
>>7786506
successful racist troll thread
>>
The standard deviation is one thing.

Culture also plays a massive part. In Asia the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

I pondered this myself a few years ago when I was going to study in Korea. I asked everyone over there what they thought of science, my degree, whether there was pop science on TV etc.

They couldn't understand it. They seemed bemused that I chose such a "hard" degree (physics) for fun and actually enjoyed it. They have no concept of science documentaries that you watch for fun, or reading and learning about it for fun. In Korea you read physics textbooks because your teacher told you to. You regurgitate it in the exam so you can get into a good university. You get into a good university so you can get a good job at a big company and earn lot's of money. That's just how it works there.

Obviously there are Korean scientists in it for the love of science, but they are few and far between and their schooling system seems engineered to stamp it out of them as much as possible.

Koreans are at school from 7am to 10pm or later. Quite simply they don't have time.
>>
>>7788487
>The reason that the US has twice all of Europe's scientific output despite having half the population is Asians.

Or maybe the fact the entire USA is a first-world country, whereas half of Europe is second-world ravaged by USSR and not enjoying the liberal western culture enjoyed by the US and Western Europe for all these decades.
>>
>>7786506
Asian Americans are a bit above average.
Average Asians, I don't believe so. That's excluding India.

In Asia, there's much a greater motivation towards manufacturing and shipping. Some innovation is required to keep costs down obviously, but we really don't know the trade secrets.

As for creating their own products, it's simply because no one really would wants purchase the items. We know there's thousands if not more of Chinese generics from electronics, textiles, plastics, chemicals, etc. Would anyone really want to purchase Chinese brands?

Maybe just in garments. There's tons of Asian fashion designers. Legit:
Vera Wang, Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Derek Lam, etc
>>
Adam Smith wondered if the west had gone through the enlightenment because of the plague. Weeding out some genetic chaffe, raising wages because there was lots of free land and nobody to do work. All these things that Asia didn't seem to have at the time. West could have just gotten lucky
>>
>>7788735
Large portions of the us are in rather dire straits economically. We are perhaps the worst off "first world" country when it comes to the welfare of our population.
>>
>>7788727
Where in Korea? Are you talking about top tier Seoul education or is it just many exaggerations? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>7788741

The UK were a bunch of backwards savages in huts until the Romans came knocking.

The reasons European civilisation is in its current state are numerous and complex.

Asia apparently didn't hit all the right triggers and stagnated with the old Chinese civilisation and just went with it cos it worked. But with the modern world certain Asian countries have the stability, work ethic, and intelligence to join us at the top.
>>
>>7788749
The U.K. was not the uk in Roman times. There were large migrations of Germanic tribes that have strongly influenced the culture it is today.
>>
>>7788749
I'm a turbofaggot and I don't think nations/empires are going to be relevant in the future. I think technology is going to bring the end of most of tribalism.
>>
>>7788741

>West could have just gotten lucky

They did, the west got really lucky, when it came to the arabs saving roman, greek, egyptian, indian and chinese text and not just destroying because it didn't fit with their faith.

And they got lucky that north america was populated with native americans who were still in their tribal/nomadic phase instead of mayans or aztecs expanding all the way up centuries before hand and preventing any western colonization.
>>
If you mean Jews by westerners
>>
>>7788802
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. A bunch of "free" land, and high demand for labor which reduces corruption and promotes meritocracy
>>
>>7786506
because universities have to weed out the asian applicants otherwise it'd be full of asians, pretty pathetic desu senpai
>>
>>7788802
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria#Destruction
"If those books are in agreement with the Quran, we have no need of them; and if these are opposed to the Quran, destroy them."
>>
How many smart asians in your country depends from immigration politics ..... In china average human as stupid as in the US.
>>
>>7788714
>Landau
>Russian
>>
It's a meme. Asians aren't actually particularly intelligent. They are just very good at memorisarion and recognising and utilising patterns. Modern education unfortunately makes this a very valid method of learning thus Asians tend to do quite well.

As someone who goes to a Uni that is crammed with Asians, I am truly baffled by how rapidly this meme breaks down once they are presented with something unexpected or which requires deep understanding. This is why Asians are notorious for cheating.

Asians are the example for why IQ is a bit of a joke. I've actually heard an hypothesis about this too. Don't know if it's true. The reason Asians excel at rote-learning is because their written language requires it thus they are most comfortable with it. An interesting explanation.
>>
>>7788748
>Are you talking about top tier Seoul education or is it just many exaggerations?

No it's for everyone. They specifically talk about how everyone does it, the real top tier education and rich kids have their own expensive hagwons or get private tutors, they aren't sticking around in the school with the other pleb kids.

You can google hagwons if you want to see the lengths Koreans go to get their children educated.

Western education is so laissez-faire that anyone interested or good at science had to seek it out on their own and choose to study things that interested them. In Korea they don't have time, any free time is spent sleeping and socialising (while eating or drinking), they associate learning with cramming rote learning facts into their head to regurgitate in an exam later. It's all they know.

They only recently became a developed nation. Every parent wants their kid to have a better life than them by getting educated. They do weird things because it's just the done thing, they don't think about why. Smart people play classical music, right? So every single college educated Korean you meet played piano and/or violin at some point as a kid. Even if it was just for a month it happened at some point. Every single girl I met did violin or piano, and did dancing of some sort. They usually kept only the dancing interest and went more contemporary with it but they all had it.
>>
Asians are the best, as all the evidence in this thread shows.
>>
>>7786714
Excuse my autism but the correct word you're looking for is asocial not antisocial.
>>
>>7786506
when asian man finish work, he put work in folder labeled done

When a white man finishes his work, he tells everyone on facebook, contacts his agent, looks for a publisher/marketer, and demands a raise
>>
>>7786506
Did you actually check or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>7788487

Oh it's so not obvious that you're a butt hurt chink.
>>
File: 1452100590995.gif (309KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
1452100590995.gif
309KB, 460x351px
>>7789533
my sides
>>
>>7789549
I'm the second person they quoted in that post, and the funny part is I'm actually not entirely European. More Eurasian with a lot of other stuff thrown in, like most people. Russian, very distant "Jewish", French, English, Native American (Cherokee). Some mediterranean something or other in there as well. I have an Irish last name. And that's just a small part of 2 of 4 branches.

It's easy to assume everyone will just claim whatever their ancestral sense of identity is, is superior in some way. (Un)Fortunately I'm not an idiot, so I want to how it all really functions, and this doesn't actually play in much if at all.
>>
>>7786732
We categorize be visual and cultural features. You're not asian. You're Indian.
>>
There's a diffrence between people who get good grades and genuinely smart people. Let's face it, if asians couldn't study all day like they all do. then they wouldn't be cramming all these universities since they would fail! meanwhile, I know alot of American and europian people who don't do homework, study etc.. and still do really good at school.
Its really dumb when people say to other asians "you must be so smart since you Asian" no he just studies alot moron
>>
>>7788802
>the west got really lucky
>implying asia and africa and the ancient americas simply got unlucy
>implying classical china's retreat from the world beyond its inferior immediate neighbors into its own hubris until a small island it barely registered much less saw as a worthy rival reduced it overnight to a crippled nation of opium junkies was mere bad luck
The brits made a similar mistake though, they viewed china as a largely static entity and never anticipated actually having to give back hong kong when the lease expired. As did the americans when reagan's goons armed and trained the mujahideen.
>>
>>7786704
>Ooga booga where the white women at?
>>
File: this.png (68KB, 533x797px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
68KB, 533x797px
>>7786680
>A lot of the major western advancements come from Jews, who are smarter than Asians on average.
This.

http://www.harbornet.com/folks/theedrich/JP_Rushton/Race.htm

The pic is only a comprarison chart. The paper itself is certainly worth reading.
>>
File: 8ysxhxb.jpg (946KB, 1411x2048px) Image search: [Google]
8ysxhxb.jpg
946KB, 1411x2048px
as a westerner living in south korea, i can at least speak to the korean paradox.

korean companies are desperate for innovation, although their work culture is process oriented, not results oriented. This means that employees end up working 11 hours+ per day, maybe 5 days of vacation per year if they're lucky. people literally don't have enough time to reflect and be creative.

This is why companies like Samsung are quietly rotting from the inside. shortsighted strategy and abhorrent working conditions mean that nothing new, innovative will make it out of korea, unless by sheer luck or chance.
>>
>>7790469
Is it that bad? I just applied for a job at Samsung.
>>
>>7789579
>cultural features
like designated shitting streets
>>
>>7790469
Except s Korea is a world leader in IP applications and granted patents.
>>
>>7786506
Being good at standardized testing and those olympiad circlejerks does not translate into being a good researcher at all.

That being said Asians are contributing shittons nowadays, even the Chinese are getting their shit together, they used to have an inferior culture that was too restricting preventing them from having their own early major contributors during the renaissance and enlightenment eras.
>>
>>7790626
>Except s Korea is a world leader in IP applications and granted patents.
>a world leader
>a
They lag massively behind their Western counterparts per capita. Being better than Africa and SEA is not an achievement.
>>
>>7786704
>Also the smart Jew's your talking about are the "Ashkenazis" whom are European by DNA. I
They're Khazar, sort of like the magyars (and Finns) so late European, but not exactly what I'd call traditionally European even though most steppe folk is considered such.

>f someone does something good their considered a westerner :o? Nevertheless, he's a great mathematician.
He was trained in Western schools in a Western culture, that makes him a Westerner yes. I think the point of this thread is to discuss why Asian cultures are inferior despite having higher genetic IQs on average. Obviously something in their culture sucks that makes Westerners beat them.

Also like how the more Western Asian countries like Japan and SK outshine the rest (only the latter is still being boosted by the US really).

White Anon living in Africa here btw.
>>
>>7786506
Western culture is the perfect blend of innovation and productivity, hence why everyone copied it in whole. East Asian culture is more driven on productivity and less on innovation.
>>7788456
>got from Arabs
Did you suddenly forget what the term renaissance means? Rebirth. Arabs preserved knowledge and ideas that the Greeks and Romans created (never mind the fact that much of it wasn't even lost), it had nothing to do with the far east.
>>
>>7788487
>Reminder that Russians were at the pinnacle of white science in the 20th century.
No they fucking weren't.
Germany was in the first half and in the second half it was the US.
There was only about a decade where the USSR was better at rocket science because they began developing intercontinental rockets earlier than the Americans. And that's literally it.
Slavs are a peasent ethnicity.
>>
>>7790686
This.

Fucking muslim-cuck revisionists are the worst cancer on the planet. With extremely rare exceptions like phosperous Muslims contributed fuckall, even the so called """""golden""""" age of Islam was mostly cultural (oh look, we decided to stop killing infidels for once xD. Christfags still need to pay a blood tax though because fuck them), while technology was still progression faster in Europe especially in metallurgy and argriculture.

It was EUROPEAN scholars that used Islam recordings of Greco-Roman teachings to relearn old ideas. The renaissance happened in italy even as the Arab barbarians where still pillaging and raping its coastlines. What's more the European scholars had to shift through all the bullshit religious connotations that the Arabs added.

Eventually the pre-Arab sources were found anyway.
>>
File: nobel prizes per capita.png (272KB, 4500x2234px) Image search: [Google]
nobel prizes per capita.png
272KB, 4500x2234px
The Human Biodiversity (HBD) sphere discusses this frequently.

One theory is that Asians are less open to new experiences and more conformist, so whites make more advancements in science.

Not sure if that's true but oh well.

>>7786535
Don't play dumb. East Asia's per capita contribution to science is abysmal.
>>
>>7786735
Great post. Yep, contrary to popular online belief, East Asians have a higher SD, which makes their modern underachievement more confusing.
>>
>>7786680
Remove Jews and western nations would still have more achievements per capita than East Asia.
>>
Asian society is too strict to allow individualism, which suppresses creative thought.
They are ruled by a collective hivemind.
>>
>>7788749
>>7788802
Not really interested in your Jared Diamond bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-so_story
>>
>>7786506

No one here will say it but it's because of Christianity and western ideals of individuality that encourages free thought and rebellious thinking.

Asian cultures = rigid and brutally collectivist

Western cultures = flexible and open/high trust
>>
>>7786506
> all major advancements in physics are still made by westerners?

Looking at the nobel prize, that's quite the statement.
>>
>>7790769
>Don't play dumb. East Asia's per capita contribution to science is abysmal.

Japan has had more science Nobel laureates per capita in the 21st century than the U.S. has had.
>>
>>7786708
Ashkenazi Jews are about half European genetically.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/ashkenazi-jews-descend-from-350-people-study-finds/
>>
Just look how old the average nobel price winner is and then check how the world looked like in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s.
>>
>>7790421
>quoting "Race, Evolution, and Behavior"

Why not using Mein Kampf?
>>
>>7790421
>that pic
Except for the first things the rest seems like subjectively decided, stereotypical trash.
And some things are just illogical.

Just an example.
>more intelligent people are prone to mental illnesses
>asians are on average smarter
>asian countries have on average a higher suicide rate

>Mental health in this image though:
>Blacks: Low
>Asians: High
>>
>>7790851
>>7790854

The entire book breaks apart after one realizes that the genetical differences between different black population can be bigger than between blacks and caucasians.
>>
>>7790858

"Whites and East Asians have wider hips than Blacks... because they give birth to larger brained babies."
>>
>>7790864
lol is this seriously what it says.
>>
>>7790864
>yet the chart says black sexual parts are on average larger
>although everyone knows that asian women rarely ever have wide hips
>not just the brain, the skulls of blacks would also have to be noticeably smaller if the hip argument was true but they aren't
Brain volume is far less important than brain density, by the way.
Was this paper made before the second half of the 20th century? Because most actually educated people know this.
>>
>>7790638
Not really. Korea has 4x more patents per capita than Germany, which has the most innovative whites. It's the reason why so much technology these days is Korean.
>>
>>7786506
Studying harder does not correlate to better results.
>>
>>7788882
Enough with that meme. Memorization is actually one of the highest g loaded factors on the wechsler. A simple backwards digit span test has a .8 predictive power of your full IQ.
>>
>>7790858
This is retarded. There's a difference between variability that rises from drift, and variability that rises from intense and concentrated selection in a different environment.

Just because blacks have more genetic diversity doesn't mean that diversity has to do with particular traits like intelligence.
>>
>>7790421
Looks like a retarded image 2bh, I got dumber reading it.
>>
>>7790972
Yes, intelligence is linked to the amount of melanin in your skin.
>>
File: 1340061569056.png (527KB, 864x510px) Image search: [Google]
1340061569056.png
527KB, 864x510px
>>7791013
Thanks for the correction. I forgot that skin color was the only difference.
>>
>>7791027
dat /pol/ image.
>>
>>7791052
I don't know where it's from. It just instantly destroys his dumb, irrelevant post.
>>
>>7791065
>>7791027
What is that picture supposed to destroy?
>>
>>7791088
That racial differences are down to skin color.

It's not like that post can be interpreted in any other way - nobody said anything about intelligence being strongly linked to skin color.
>>
>>7791111
>nobody said anything about intelligence being strongly linked to skin color.

It's the only thing that is left if a high genetical diversity "doesn't count".
>>
>>7790858
>that the genetical differences between different black population

This is do to genetic isolation (relative to other cultures) imo. Europeans traveled around a bit while Africans stayed put thus there was a genetic drift between Africans peoples while Europeans mixed a bit.

It's also how HIV, Ebola and other diseases would wipe out entire villages put never became a global endemic. Once Europeans introduced rail system/roads/centralism to to sub-Saharan Africa, HIV become a global problem.
>>
>>7788487
That's complete bullshit. The scientific output of the EU is greater than that of the US.
>>
File: B-3bh8JXAAA1e1-.jpg (41KB, 480x555px) Image search: [Google]
B-3bh8JXAAA1e1-.jpg
41KB, 480x555px
>>7791534
Here's a graph from a Nature N&C article, but you'll be able to find many more.

>inb4 m-muh p-p-per capita
>>
>>7791551
So what increased the output in the early 00?
>>
>>7786506
>Not to start a /pol/ thread
>starts a /pol/ thread
gtfo fgt pls
>>
>>7791551

even street shitters are above rashka lol
>>
>>7791600
Germany's big black cock
>>
>>7790822
source
>>
>>7791551
you have to be careful with using publications as a metric because not all publications are equal. China and India are notorious for low-quality journals although it can happen anywhere
>>
>>7791925

Of course, only the USA releases purely meaningful papers.
>>
>>7791963
Strawman.

>>7791925
This is important. It's completely unreasonable to measure "scientific output" with total academic publications. It fails to distinguish cutting-edge papers on computationally-designed enzymes in organic catalysis from shit like Chinua Achebe's paper on why racism is the central literary theme of Heart of Darkness. Restricting ourselves to reputable scientific journals and measuring times cited or times cited per capita would be reasonable.
>>
>>7790769
>Science Award created by Scandinavian war profiteer favors scandinavians and other closely related germanic cultures.jpg
>>
>>7790769
>One theory is that Asians are less open to new experiences and more conformist, so whites make more advancements in science.

No, that's bullshit. From time to time there come out news about how the chinese are making research in really politically incorrect shit. Like, research that in the US or any European country would get immediately banned but no in China. There the government fund these really weird research projects that all seem to look for ways to engineer the perfect human soldier, in my perspective.

Of course these are secret labs so the last thing they want is us inferior pieces of shit to know that they already have the fucking hulk and iron man there, getting ready to bomb the shit out of us and conquer the entire world. But fortunately from time to time some info does come out which makes me wonder why the fuck isn't the US doing the same kind of research. We are pretty much setting ourselves to lose in WW3 when we have to use pityful unmanned drones prone to errors and they use cyborgs with 3 brains and the body of a dinosaur covered in adamantium armor.
>>
Why are these high iq people so fucking ugly? Is ugliness and intelligence correlated?
>>
>>7793036
Are tiny dicks and shitposting correlated?
>>
>>7793036
correlation =/= causation ;)
>>
>>7793035
>wonder why the fuck isn't the US doing the same kind of research.
Give me a break. You really think mkultra stopped and that you really grasp its scope? You don't think the US is capable of the engineering and manufacturing efficiency to blow most countries away, if we actually used it for anything other than pumping out shit vehicles designed to fall apart, or equipped that will never even be realistically necessary (military industrial complex)? The US has been doing ethically frowned upon stuff for decades now. Just look at operation paperclip to see how we've traditionally viewed intelligence and personnel.

I bet you think the cold war is over too. Russia and China getting together in any manner would be enough to wipe out the US and all foreign presence. The military is well aware of this, despite how broken and incompetent the majority of our country is. It's hard to speculate what either country is capable of.
>>
>>7788735
For many decades the standards of Soviet mathematics and physics was at least on par with American standards though.
>>
>>7790780
> per capita
When a significant proportion of Chinese are living in rural areas, obviously it will be lower per capita
>>
>>7790832
>http://www.timesofisrael.com/ashkenazi-jews-descend-from-350-people-study-finds/

> The analysis also suggested that today’s Europeans are descended primarily from migrants from the Middle East after the last ice age, about 20,000 years ago, not from the first humans to arrive to the continent about 40,000 years ago. The researchers are now looking into where the Middle Eastern and European Jews first met and who their closest descendants are today.

Europeans are just Arabs who migrated
>>
>>7793366
>When a significant proportion of Chinese are living in rural areas, obviously it will be lower per capita
i dont think you understand what per capita means. it has nothing to do with land or population density.
>>
>>7793396

He means most Chinese are still poor peasants without real educational opportunities.
>>
>>7786704
are maths hard as a black man?
>>
>>7786704
>interesting if someone does something good their considered a westerner
Really?You are going to start masters in pure math yet ask stupid question like this but i will answer anyway.Its because because western people have completely different values/way of thinking which makes HUGE difference and so if you're raised in western contry you have(more like had because everything is starting to get worse) way better education and freedom which does not happen in most eastern countries.
>>
>>7793382
>20 -40 thousand years ago

Sure that's more than enough time for "whites" to become superior to any other races.
>>
>>7790659
>posting the Khazar meme theory
bro you really need to update your repertoire of historical information
>>
b4 u mek le pie, u make le stars!!!! universe so cool
>>
>>7786790
>>7786799
>neuroscience major
>science

let's do 5minutes of biology then talk about our feelings for the rest of class
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.