[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED Light Blew in my Breadboard Circuit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I'm just having fun with this breadboard but for some reason, I can't figure out why the middle LED (b/w e and f) blew out when I used my 9V battery. It lit up and quickly shut down. I smelled fumes so I assumed it blew.

Note that there used to be another LED at the bottom lined up with the others in the row. I used resistors >1k ohms for all the LEDs except the one in the middle that blew. I don't understand much about Ohm's law, but is the fact that I didn't add a resistor to the middle LED the reason it blew? If so, why? I already had other resistors so I thought there would be enough resistance.
>>
>>7786371
>but is the fact that I didn't add a resistor to the middle LED the reason it blew?
Yes, you fucking clown. I cannot think of a better example of someone finding a simple example of "This does that, but if I change this one variable, this other thing happens." Do you really need someone to tell you that? The other resistors have no effect on the total current flowing through the LED that blew out.
>>
File: Capacitive Touch Sensor.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Capacitive Touch Sensor.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>7786371
Yeah, a resistor is always needed for LEDs.

>>7786386
Sperg harder.
>>
>>7786371
>I already had other resistors so I thought there would be enough resistance.
The other resistors don't really do anything to limit the current through that burnt led, because they are in parallel.
>>
>>7786371
LEDs, like other devices, have certain voltage/current limits. You should really read up on ohms law.

Here is a stock data sheet for an LED:
https://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/WP7113SRD-D.pdf
>>
>>7786371

LED voltage limit is 5V if I remember correctly. Any more and it breaks. Add resistor, try new LED.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.