[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does flux really remove all blue lights?Of course this is considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: flux.jpg (4KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
flux.jpg
4KB, 204x204px
Does flux really remove all blue lights?Of course this is considering you use 1200k or darkroom mode because i doubt higher than that does anything.
>>
>>7785331
The only true method for this is trial and error. :^)
>>
Hell no.

Just turn around and look at the diffuse light cast by your screen on the wall behind you. It's blue as shit.
>>
>>7785350
I cant see any blue light and it looks really relaxing when i turn off the lights but of course like i said already this is at the lowest 1200k.Also check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xj7XDT6UNk
>>
>>7785331

Darkroom mode removes all blue light that's emitted during normal function.

Backlight bleed does not count to this, and cannot be stopped. without a physical filter.
>>
flux is fucking spyware
>>
>>7785751
[citation needed]
>>
spy is zapping ma light
>>
>>7785770
I noticed it creating an internet connection everytime I boot my computer with lots of incoming and outgoing data - and it creates an internet connection when you set you location.
>>
>>7788319
Because it uses web explorer with google maps so it can control your light levels for the time of the day...but i think only 1200k should be used at night anyway.
>>
>>7785331
They have something on their website where you can choose your device and the hue and see how much blue is filtered at x hue
>>
>>7788362
Im using a desktop pc so it can really help me.
>>
>>7785331
Does flux actually help with nighttime computer use? I mean, does it actually help with not affecting your sleeping patterns? Anybody have anecdotal evidence?
>>
>>7788656
All I know is that my eyes aren't as sore as they used to be after a couple hours by the computer since I started using F.Lux.

Whether or not it would affect your sleeping pattern... I don't know man It just feels better ;)
>>
>>7788341
I have the fear they spy on my sleep-work-movie patterns
>>
>>7788656
Blue lights are the reason for imsomnia and its seems that flux removes them but also its easy on your eyes because i would often drop tears from watching the screen but now my eyes feel really good.
>>
last bump
>>
>>7788705
So do I. You can manually type in your coordinates, not necessarily exacty where you live, but close, a few minutes shouldn't make a difference
>>
>>7788656
Short wavelength light inhibits the secretion of melatonin. There was a study circulating on the web where the light at 460nm inhibited melatonin twice as much as light at 555nm.
>>
>>7790519
>>7788705
>>7788704
What setting do you guys use?
I'm at halogen now but I fear it isn't enough
>>
>>7785331
I prefer blue light. It doesn't make me feel awake or anything either. Then again I'm pretty used to it. I've even replaced the lighting in my place with blue lights (fuck incandescent lights).

Yellow light is pig disgusting and makes me nauseated after a while.
>>
>>7790628
Because youre used to it.
>>
>>7790628
>using blue light
>not white light

Top pleb
>>
>>7785331
Is this a serious fucking question? I cannot tell anymore.

The light on your screen is made from three component values: Red, Green, Blue. You can't take the 'blue' out of it and still see a normal colored picture on your screen.

All it's doing is adjusting that 'blue' value on the spectrum. The problem with looking at a computer screen late at night is that you're still looking at a computer screen late at night. Want to relax yourself at night? Don't look at a monitor or a television. Not install some dumb placebo which dims the colors on your monitor but doesn't actually take away the light which causes any of those problems.
>>
>>7793295
But i dont care if its not normal colored i just want to read on it without having hard time to sleep because of it.
>>
>>7785331
Get on my lvl, plebs.
>>
>>7785331
How about for android ?
I'm using Bliss pop's rom feature that allows you to set color temperature from screen settings.
>>
File: redshift-icon-256.png (44KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
redshift-icon-256.png
44KB, 256x256px
Only plebs use f.lux.
>>
>>7785751
There is a Foss alternative
>>
what kind of bulb should I get for the main lighting in my room. I have a nice warm one for my desk
>>
>>7795157
Whats the fucking difference ?
>>
>>7790519
daytime 2800k
nighttime 1900k

I also disable it if I do something productive, that warm light makes me really sleepy
>>
>>7785331
It did some strange effects on my screen, not really worth it a whole lot. But I did notice how "bright" screens are. And a nice, warm glow is much nicer to look at.
>>
>>7790590
>halogen
pfft does that even do anything?

>not joining the ember master race
>>
>>7795922
I didn't want to restart my computer earlier. Now I am trying ember out.

If I am getting serious should I just run darkroom all the time?
>>
>>7795938
No that's just overkill
>>
>>7795941
What if I literally live inside of a darkroom?
>>
>>7796056
I think that would be optimal for your melatonin levels, you definitely won't have any issue getting to sleep

I suggest you do so
>>
>>7796068
>melatonin levels
I have heard that more melatonin production leads to more powerful and frequent lucid dreams. If I slept in a darkroom and never went outside but just used my computer in darkroom mode with flux as my only outlet to the outside world, would I have some nice dreams?
>>
>>7796076
On second thought I don't think it would be enough. I recommend living entirely in the darkroom, but also taking dozens of melatonin pills spaced throughout the day, and then an equal dosage all at once immediately before you expect to sleep. Repeat daily, and slowly increase your melatonin intake as your tolerance increases

Then you have best dream
>>
>>7793295
>He doesn't know abouat 'Darkroom Mode' of f.lux
It takes out the blue completely. With all the downsides that come with that.
>>
File: 1452224928633.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1452224928633.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>7796091
>tfw you're already living in a dark room permanently

all i see is red and i cannot scream
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.