[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CANAKEK UNI TIER LIST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: UofT_Logo.svg.png (97KB, 1280x598px) Image search: [Google]
UofT_Logo.svg.png
97KB, 1280x598px
what are the top unis in canada in terms of academic prestige?
>>
>>7784711
Toronto, McGill and UBC are usually the big three iirc

also you can throw Waterloo in there for things like math/CS
>>
>>7784711
depends on the field

I went to uoft for math and got into harvard with recommendation letters since several of my profs were so well known

ubc is pretty great too, mcgill is overrated and is more well known in canada than internationally

internationally its mostly ubc/uoft
>>
>>7784711
dalhousie is #1 in all statistical categories
>>
Is EngSci a meme?
>>
Hard to say.

All the schools are the same because they're all publicly funded and must adhere to the same standards.

In terms of undergrad education they're the same for reasons listed above.

In terms of graduate education, they're similar but different. For example, if you want to study applied math, U of T, McMaster, McGill are good choices. If you want CS, there are many computer scientists at Waterloo. If you want to study logic, U of T has many set theorists but McMaster has more model theorists than any other school.

In terms of international reputation? McGill and to some extent U of T are well known in the USA.
>>
Depends on the field. You can almost always put UBC and UoT at the top. McGill, Macmaster, and Waterloo are also pretty common to be up there.

As far as I know university of Ottawa gets almost no credit but seems to do well in some subject like Chemistry where its fairly high
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.