[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maths teacher help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I don't know how to feel about my maths teacher, /sci/. I feel like he's actually holding me back more than helping me. He's the 'funny guy' type teacher, and while he genuinely is funny, I think he isn't doing nearly enough work. I only have about six months to my exams, like.

He gets into slagging matches with students a lot, and he doesn't get enough maths done. My maths skills are poor enough as it is. When he's actually doing maths he's quite good at explaining it, but he laughs and jokes too much.

I don't know what to do, /sci/. I don't think he's getting through the course fast enough and I'm too nervous to tell him to get on with it.

What do I do, /sci/?

TL;DR Maths teacher laughs and jokes too much. What can I do to make him get on with it?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>7783839

Why on earth do you need your maths teachers help? Just do everything yourself and use the internet. High school math isn't difficult.
>>
>>7783847
I still need his help for stuff, anon. Sometimes the book doesn't explain a concept well enough, or else I get stuck on a past exam paper question.

I'm getting really sick of the 'laugh joke' thing. I put on a front that I'm enjoying it (though I do genuinely laugh once in awhile), but I'm too nervous/scared to say anything.

I don't know what to do.
>>
>>7783856

I N T E R N E T

there is no maths topic/concept up to the standard first 2 years of grad school that can't be looked up on the internet
>>
>>7783876
I suppose so, but it'd be nice to have it all, y'know?
>>
>>7783839
If you give me your email I can help you. I'm a math major.
>>
>>7783912
[email protected]
>>
>>7783839
what the fuck.
are you 15?

If the instructor falls behind his schedule he will pick up the pace, it's his responsibility. You won't be tested on things he doesn't teach. Why the fuck are you complaining about something like this at all? If all else fails just do >>7783876 and if you're too much of a child to do that then talk to him after class for extra help. You can't expect an instructor to babble on unnecessarily, just to rephrase a concept enough times for you to understand, rather than fill the time with light-hearted jokes. If you are having a tough time, take some fucking responsibility.

on a side note
>I only have about six months to my exams, like.
do you realize how stupid you sound ending your questions with
>like.
I lose all respect for a person that does this
>>
>>7783924
He does not make the exam, the state does. At least here in Ireland they do.

Therefore, everyone in the country gets the same maths exam depending on what level they're doing. This means that we'll be examined on the full course, no matter how much of it we have done.

I'm 18, actually, dummy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.