[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking acids, protein and other sheeeiiit...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is there a way I could be genetically enhanced to increase my intelligent and other features?
I know that geneticist has achieved biologically altering the genes of developing fetuses. however, I'm unaware if if they able to do the same for adults.
Also, can it be inherited as a dominate gene?
>>
>>7782814
>genetically enhanced to increase my intelligent and other features
not unless you're a very early fetus + science is not nowhere that for (and even if it would be, it would probably considered "unethical" by some dirty liberal hippies)

>inherited as a dominate gene
Yeah, a highly complex trait like that is going to be on one gene. Sure, m8.

I really hope you're not older than 12, because mentally you surely are not.
>>
>>7784123
Thank you for replying

>I really hope you're not older than 12, because mentally you surely are not
At least you can understand my position.
>>
Yes. Removal of your genitals combined with chemical castration to reduce any residual mental images will spur you to do your studying.
>>
File: basicbitch.gif (845KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
basicbitch.gif
845KB, 500x352px
>>7782814
How stupid are you?

In the womb and after postpartum there are STEM cells in the nervous system of the infant to allow to growth and development neurologically, this is in the form of neurogenesis and neuroplasticity; this becomes far more recessive in adolescents and more so in fully grown adults. In the adult phase, neurogenesis mostly occurs in the hippocampus of the brain to allow for development of memory (which you can improve).

However, you cannot magically change your entire genetic structure (I'm not sure they could even do this in the fetal/embryonic stage.)
As for the heritability of intellect, there is research that shows intelligence tends to run in families, therefore has a large genetic component.

Yet, you must remember recession to the mean normally occurs, meaning even if you had one highly intelligent parent, the child might not be nearly as intelligent as that parent, two highly intelligent parents would promote a high IQ.

Also epigenetics would play a role too, whilst you might have the genes of a genius, if the environment or nurture is not correct or detrimental, you might not exhibit the intended phenotype.

Closing statement, because I could not resist. Your grammar is awful, I doubt you're anything special.
>>
>>7782814
Yes, but you would have to drink bleach first to reset your genes.
>>
>>7785206
>Also epigenetics would play a role too, whilst you might have the genes of a genius, if the environment or nurture is not correct or detrimental.
Is it possible, as an adult, to activate the epigenetic tags for intelligence by changing one's environment, regardless of recessive nature of neuroplasticity?
>>
>>7785300
How would you plan to specifically target intelligence related epigenetics?
>>
>>7782814
No. Your genes are ingrained in you. This is why we can't actually cure genetic diseases in humans past predevelopment.
>>
>>7785332
Improve my diet, and place myself into the environment, as well as mimic behaviors, of actual intellectuals.
>>
>>7785371
I would imagine, due to differences in DNA that would change epigenetics entirely for the subject. So even if it were possible, you'd need to somehow find how epigenetics affects your genome.
>>
>>7785378
So even if it were possible, you'd need to somehow find how epigenetics affects your genome.
Occam's razor, if I manage to increase intelligence by copying a genius, changing my habitat bit-by-bit; I'll find the cause of my increase IQ. From there I'll have to contact to a geneticist about what I found for farther research.

However, how about this? "gene transfer" it has been rumored that: by using viruses one could implant a gene into a cell, which the cell will divide thorough the body making the gene part of oneself.
Of course, its all hypothetical.
>>
>>7785415
You mean the concept of re-appropriating a virus, in this case to forcibly mutate genes? Well, you'd still need to sequence and decode your genome to find the gene(s) intellect.
>>
>>7784123
Actually narrow minded would find that unethical
>>
>>7782814
We are closer to being able to alter our brain chemistry to learn better than chamging the genome of all our cells.
>>
methylene blue
>>
>>7785436
As you can probably notice, my knowledge is rather limited about genetics (or anything in general), but when you said:
>Well, you'd still need to sequence and decode your genome to find the gene(s) intellect.
Are you implying that there's no universal 'code' for intelligence, and it'll have to be from my personal genome, specifically if I wish modify it?
>>
>>7785724
But that means generation would have to dependent forever on this chemical alteration, rather than, having it inheritable.
What a gimmick.
>>
You're speaking of somatic gene transfer, so-called because it works on the cells that compose the body (Or 'Soma' in Greek) rather than the gametes, or sperm and eggs.

The problem is that as cells specialize, they lose the ability to do certain thngs. A stem cell has a so-called immortal DNA strand, which is copied to make a child strand which goes into the new cell. Genes are sometimes even left out of the child strand, but are more commonly just methylated, meaning they have a molecule called a methyl group attached to them that physically prevents the gene from being decoded into RNA or protein.

A cell's specialization is caused by this methylation, determines how atomic and molecular stimuli effect it. If all your cells responded the same way, you'd be a slime mold. It's this difference in response that makes you a complex organism.

So, if you inject yourself with genetic material covered in calcium carbonate, or with genetic material contained in a virus, not all of the cells it gets into will respond the same way. Moreover, catching a cell at the right moment - which only comes once in an organism's life in some cases (Gestation and puberty, for example) - is vital.

So, you can't just inject yourself with artificial chromosomes. We need to be able to grow tissue in the form of limbs and organs, which, starting as uniform cell cultures, could be differentiated as described above.

In the end, you'll want to just dissolve or burn away your old body and bioprint a new one on top of your CNS/PNS, like a larval insect. At that point, the sky's the limit.

I started an organization devoted to this goal;

>https://washingtonevergreens.wordpress.com
>>
>>7782814
yes, gene thereapy using bill gates brain genes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.