[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a drunk genius ask me anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: epsilondelta.png (22KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
epsilondelta.png
22KB, 800x800px
I'm a drunk genius ask me anything
>>
why are you such a cunt?
>>
>>7782522
why do you use a potty word to insult me?
>>
>>7782525
Are you familiar with G.K. Batchelor's work on sedimentation? If so, perhaps you can help me.
>>
>>7782534
do you really think I would waste my time and resources to learn anything about geology?
>>
>>7782544
what do you actually waste your time on then?
>>
>>7782545
alcohol and the internet mostly. also reading random wikipedia articles and computer science blogs
>>
>>7782544
>I am a genius
> GK Bachelor is a geologist
Keep em coming genius
>>
>>7782546
then what qualifies you as a genius, besides sarcasm?
>>
>>7782547
You're confusing me with your vague phrasing. Is sedimentation in this context not referring to geology? Are you confusing knowledge with intelligence?
>>
>>7782549
I got perfect scores on all my standardized tests in high school and tested one standard deviation above the average graduating high school student when I was 12
>>
>>7782553
I should add additionally: I am on a full merit scholarship at a top US university (top 20) and am graduating with a masters in computer science at the age of 21
>>
>>7782553
That qualifies you to be a perfect highschooler, not a genius.
>>7782556
You should lead with this because nobody gives two shits about standardized tests or teenagers. Also, what university? CS isn't generally considered a 'genius' field.
>>
how to acquire females?
>>
>>7782559
I'm studying mathematics too, but not getting any advanced degrees in it because I don't want to go into academia

Don't want to say the university for fear of being identified. I know that about CS, not doing it to better humanity, just to better my bank account. But at my school I believe it is the most competitive major to enter as
>>
>>7782566
I actually have a girlfriend, but I've only ever dated and had sex with her so my advice may not be too good. Best way is probably to act overly confident, not douchey/tryhard or anything but just full of it and a few girls will be attracted to you because biologically that's just what they like

If you get autistic around girls try doing moderate amounts of GABA-ergic drugs before talking to them, not too much or you'll black out and do something retarded though. If you're ugly you're fucked and need to have a smart strategy and low standards
>>
>>7782567
>just to better my bank account
>cog student running through college in order to go out and make money

you absolutely don't sounds like a "genius"
>>
>>7782571
>act overly confident
No anon, you must [math]be[/math] confident.
>>
>>7782573
Didn't know geniuses were supposed to be white knights working towards the betterment of the human race. Can you only be a genius if you get a PhD or blaze an independent career path made available solely because of foresight or sheer ability? I don't think so.

But it also depends on how you define "genius." I would consider it a combination of intelligence and willpower. Success shouldn't be a factor
>>
>>7782579
No you don't, if you can fake confidence both consistently and convincingly then you're good. Girls actually like it when you have a hard exterior and a soft interior, because when you expose the soft inner "true" personality to them it makes them feel special
>>
>>7782581
Not talking about any of that, just your motivations and what you want in life, and what you consider your achievements. You're obsessed with looking good, with standarized merit. You'll do great and get tons of money obviously, you definitely sound smart, you just don't come off as a genius at all to me at least.
>>
>>7782584
Confidence has nothing to do with how flaccid your inner personality is. What confidence says is that you believe in yourself and your abilities. That's just the first stretch.
Women are pretty good at picking out men who are full of shit.
>>
>>7782579
>>7782584
always acting confident IS being confident. whether you think you "really" are confident has no bearing on it
>>
>>7782591
Well the thing about me personally is that I had anxiety problems from age 12-16. So confidence didn't come naturally to me in my adolescence. The only way for me to begin to build confidence was 1. accutane and 2. alcohol. I've always been confident in some aspects, but not in my attractiveness or desirability.

I think the average person on this site and other sites with similar demographics may have a decent amount of confidence about intelligence and general personal agency yet be very shy. I think outward confidence is not about being full of shit but about being proud of who you are
>>
>>7782589
I think that's a very accurate description of me actually. I mean the word "genius" has always been contentious and I would consider myself one by some lucky intersection of genetics, mutation, and very good upbringing as evidenced by pretty trivial achievement relative to the grand scheme of things.

I just really don't want to further academia. It's very useful and I've gained a lot from it but I want to become wealthy, to enjoy life. I'm not religious and I feel as if life is fleeting. As such I desire to get as much as I can out of it
>>
Do you have good memories?
>>
>>7782645
I have good conceptual memories but not specific memories. I'll remember lots of random factoids or how to do processes, but I won't remember what I did on specific days
>>
>>7782556
Honestly a master's degree in CS isn't very impressive, even if you are 21. I'm going to have my master's in mathematics this year before I turn 21. Big deal. I'm not a genius and neither are you.

>inb4 you're a lying faggot
AP credit from high school got me ~15 credits, I spent my senior year taking concurrent classes for ~32 credits, and entered college at 17 in a 5 year master's program at a top 20 school, leaving me with ~3.5 years of school to complete.
>>
Anything? What's the inverse of the Dirac operator [math]\gamma^{\mu}\partial_{\mu}[/math]?
>>
how u demonstrate the derivative of e^x?
>>
>>7782659
Well since we're so similar (I also entered college at 17 but in a 4 year's master since I had 57 hours of credit) I hope you could empathize with me. Just because you don't consider yourself a genius doesn't mean you aren't
>>7782668
nigga that shit aint defined
>>7782707
e^x dumbass
>>
>>7782668
not op. What exactly do you mean by inverse?
>>
>>7782707
[math]
\lim_{h \to 0} \frac{e^{x+h} - e^{x}}{h}
[/math]
[math]
\lim_{h \to 0} \frac {e^x(e^h - 1)}{h}
[/math]
[math]
e^x \lim_{h \to 0} \frac{e^h - 1}{h}
[/math]
you can demonstrate that that limit approaches 1.
>>
>>7782653
That sounds pretty normal to me.
Do you know Gaussian?
>>
>>7782492

how do I concatenate two strings in perl?
>>
>>7782553
Wow aren't you a special snowflake.
>>
>>7782556
You must be foreign or a nerd. Asians and other non western people are so proud of their little stickers they get in school.
>>
>>7782720
Confirmed retard.
>>7782721
I mean left inverse. It's an operator defined on the space of 4-component smooth functions on Minkowski space [math]\hat{M}[/math] such that [math]\hat{M}\gamma^{\mu}\partial_{\mu} = 1[/math], where [math]1[/math] is the identity transform.
>>
>>7784124
I was not aware the covariant derivative had an inverse. I think it's fair to say OP is not going to answer your question, so would you mind pointing me in the right direction to understand this?
>>
>>7784127
It's a formal inverse. It's used for finding renormalization conditions from the path integral partition function.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_analysis
You can find it in Fourier space
>>
>>7782492
Drinking is degenerate
>>
'...it makes a fool think he was wise'
>>
>>7782556

How hard do you study?

And lol @ all the butthurt nerds that swelling with jealousy.
>>
>>7782492
what is the epsilon delta proof from the limit of sinx/x as x -> o = 1

No infinite series.
>>
>>7782614
If you want to be wealthy, you should've aimed for medicine with intentions to become a cardiothoracic or neurosurgeon.
>>
How'd you get into your uni?
>>
>>7784774
HOW?
>>
File: pepechuck.png (149KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepechuck.png
149KB, 499x499px
>>7782556
>CS
>Genius
Thanks for the chuck m8!
>>
post Non-Euclidean Definition on 5th postulate about parallel lines
>>
>>7784727
some trig identity probably

whatever sin(x+a) is
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.