[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I shoulder this shotgun and shoot a deer with a slug. Strangely,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: th (24)_kindlephoto-88726358.jpg (9KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
th (24)_kindlephoto-88726358.jpg
9KB, 480x480px
I shoulder this shotgun and shoot a deer with a slug. Strangely, the stock tapers to a point that's roughly 12 gauge.

The slug tears through the deers central cavity destroying the heart, lungs, and bones around it.. killing it quickly.

My shoulder doesn't even get bruised.

Fuck you, Newton. And fuck your laws.
>>
The entire gun's mass has to be accelerated by the recoil, and since it is much larger than the bullet, it is accordingly accelerated much less.

That being said, I think it probably would bruise you. I've known people to get bruises from firing guns with entirely unmodified stocks, especially guns and relatively powerful cartridge configurations
>>
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to attach an actual stock to that pointy part.
>>
>>7780026

OP here I'll admit shooting that thing would SUCK.

But if it was shouldered on the most fleshy area, it would not bruise. Unless you're prone to bruising.

It would still hurt.
>>
>>7780018
a bullet kills both by penetrating and dumping kinetic energy into whatever it hits, force does not play a large part in the damage a bullet does. you are absorbing the force of the rifle's impulse into your shoulder when the gun fires, but not a lot of kinetic energy. It's essentially an elastic collision with initial energy stored as chemical PE in the propellant.
the reason for this is:
KE= .5m(v^2)
F= ma
Bullet: Low mass, high velocity
KE=high because high vel
F=low because low mass
Rifle: high mass, low velocity
KE=low because low velocity
F= high because high mass relative to bullet

when the rifle fires, the PE is converted to a lot of KE in the bullet, and a little in the rifle, in opposite directions. because kinetic energy is what's going to generate a wound cavity, the bullet is effective in wounding. Equal force is generated but unequal KE is imparted to the bullet and rifle because of their different masses.

tl;dr study terminal ballistics
>>
>>7780149
for clarification, I should probably give an example:
when you swing a golf club, your club doesn't go flying back out of your hands in the opposite direction of the ball. The club gives the ball an impulse, receives an equal and opposite force, but imparts a lot of kinetic energy into the ball.
every FORCE has an equal and opposite reaction. Kinetic energy is not a force and is not imparted in an equal and opposite fashion.
>>
WHAT IF THE SHOTGUN WEIGHED NOTHING

GUYS
>>
>>7780371
congrats, you just violated physics
or made a shotgun made of pure energy
>>
>>7780018
>>7780037
Where's the shoulder thingy? Holding a rifle or a shotgun properly should transfer the recoil impulse directly to your skeleton, creating no bruising. I can't think of any standard rifle with recoil so strong that it would create bruising when properly held. They probably just increase the contact surface area so it's better dispersed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.