[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still on fourth grade math on khanacademy Am I the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 1427482061547.jpg (18KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
1427482061547.jpg
18KB, 300x415px
>still on fourth grade math on khanacademy

Am I the only person here who never went to school and is trying to catch up to the rest of the world?
>>
>still learning 4th grade math
>expects /sci/ to have empathy for him
I don't envy the responses you're about to get anon
>>
>>7779794
Don't listen to the trolls anon, you're doing the best you can to learn. Keep it up.
>>
>>7779794
Are you American? Why did you not attend school?
>>
probably one of few, but also probably one of the only people actually trying to improve themselves here lmao.

keep up the good work.
>>
>>7779794
You're dumb as hell. Fuck off.
[spoiler]jk anon, don't give up :^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>7779794
Agreed though, multiplication and devision can be much more intuitive to some fellows
>>
>>7779794
Don't worry anon, we're all gonna make it.
>>
You may be stupid, but you may just be doing wiser decisions than many "intelligent" people right now.

In fact, I'm pretty sure your math level is way above what you claim it to be, it's just that you don't feel confident enough about it yet, don't worry anon, you have the capacity.
>>
>>7779873

this pretty much 2bh, I'm assuming you're an adult so it's likely to come exponentially faster to you than it would an actual 4th grader. keep fighting the good fight anon.
>>
>>7779794
How do you even manage that shit, you're not even functionally retarded at that point
>>
>>7779794
You learned to write but not do math?
>>
File: feel.png (41KB, 1879x387px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
41KB, 1879x387px
>>7779794
I feel you, anon.
>>
File: Kill_a_fly_sledge-hammer.png (44KB, 500x148px) Image search: [Google]
Kill_a_fly_sledge-hammer.png
44KB, 500x148px
>>7779794
Anyone who shits on you for progressing and for learning is a raging fucking faggot.

You keep at it OP.
>>
>>7779794
Don't worry about it anon. Just enjoy the learning process.
>>
>>7779794

It's alright OP, I'm doing fuckin' AS-level maths at present. I should be well into University. We're gonna make it. Probably.
>>
>>7779794
No way, I'm doing the same thing anon, but for different reasons.

I was awful in school and dropped out, and I'm trying to relearn it all and get to a college level.
>>
>>7780119

I dropped out of school too, and got a GED I'm in a Phd program for theoretical chemistry and have my own external graduate fellowship now. You can definitely make it if you just keep pushing!
>>
>>7779794

HAHAHAHA faggot

I can't believe you didn't learn how to triple integrate in grade school like in EUROPE.
fucking americans every time.
>>
File: dzQX77M.jpg (112KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dzQX77M.jpg
112KB, 768x1024px
>>7779794
By school, do you mean higher learning institutes such as a college or university? Surely that has to be the case, but the other option, (provided that you're being honest,) would be fascinating, especially if you're from a post-industrial country. Do you do anything for a living? Are you living on your own? Do you ever imagine what life would be like if you had the chance to go to school?

So many questions.
>>
I'm glad I found this, OP. Been looking for something like this for a long time. I have some legitimate learning disabilities (guess I've got brain problems.jpg) and my math skills are a fucking embarrassment. I'm starting from scratch and plan to do everything I can. Working through K-2nd right now but WHY IS THIS SO FUN
WHY DO I ENJOY THIS SO MUCH
I really hope I stick with it.
>>
>>7780147
i know you're obviously joking but i did an exchange year in sweden when i was in high school and they literally learn what addition and multiplication is in like mid high school
>>
>>7780369
It's Sweden so of course it is scaled for sandnigger level. Sweden is a muslim country.
>>
>>7779794
nope, just keep fightin the good fight OP
I never learned the first thing about decimals and I'm in my fourth year of uni
>>
>>7779794
Awesome OP! Im gonna do the same thing to prepare myself for uni..
Does anyone have an idea how long that would take to get to this level ?
>>
>>7779800
you know there wouldn't be this many threads about how to learn math if we had a fucking sticky on how to actually do it
>>
File: 1416582067821.jpg (2KB, 113x127px) Image search: [Google]
1416582067821.jpg
2KB, 113x127px
>>7779925
>mfw Khan accademy wants me to divide and subtract huge numbers
>mfw I realize I can't do it without a calculator and I never actually learned since I always had a fucking calculator
>>
>>7781240
Go back and practice without a calculator now. Even if it's single digit addition/subtraction. Number sense is a wonderful thing, but don't prevent yourself from attaining it by relying on a calculator so much.
>>
>>7781245
I never considered calculating huge numbers by mind much important, is it really?
>>
I was doing pre-algebra in community college. I know how you feel man. Now I'm majoring in maths at Berkley. Dont give up, you'll become a better person with thinking you need to play catch up.
>>
>>7781307
Neat what year are you
>>
>>7781307
great job anon, how long did it take you?
>>
I'm not digging the cooldowns on Masteries and such. Why would they put a limit on how much you can progress within a given amount of time?
>>
>>7781307
nice one, what's your goal?
>>
>>7779794
OP is better than like 85% of Americans
Keep up the good work OP, you actually want to learn and we are proud of you!
>>
>>7781112
Kek'd harder than I should have
ALLAH ACKBAR
>>
I only had maths to age 15 level until I was 23 now I'm doing computer engineering at a respectable uni. You can do it OP. Little bit at a time.
>>
>>7779794

I did the same thing to catch up after some awful high school years.

I'm roughly ~50% completed with the whole maths section now. Don't give up! Shit that gave me a headache before now comes quite easily.
>>
DESU, there's so much math out there to be learned that you'll never make any contributions to the field unless you've been doing Riemann-Stieltjes integrals from age of 8 like an average Chinese kid these days.
>>
>>7779932
Never seen this proof before and it's so beautiful. Thank you based anon! On a sidenote in finnish schools we use next to none time proving formulas. Imho it's not that important.
>>
File: chinese_classroom.jpg (217KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
chinese_classroom.jpg
217KB, 1280x960px
Never forget your competition OP. These collectivist chinks want to make you their white boy debt slave. You'll be a shitty slave if you can't even complete the square.
>>
>>7782892
yeah but you need tried and true maths to do things like engineering and scince
>>
>>7781821

Spaced repetition
>>
>>7782903
they have cuties tho
>>
>>7782903
>chinks want to make you their white boy debt slave
Only if they don't gas themselves with their smog
>>
>>7781280
It helps with pattern recognition. And it's always nice to figure out a Taylor series without using a calculator.
>>
File: togetherwellgetthere.png (51KB, 832x502px) Image search: [Google]
togetherwellgetthere.png
51KB, 832x502px
>>7779925
>>7781240
Keep it up anons.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>7783076

What's your IQ?
>>
>>7783351
*you're
>>
>>7783351
I dunno, it doesn't matter, all it takes is practice.
>>
>>7781240
It is useful to understand how it works. Stop practice after you understand how it works and start use a calculator.
>>
19 years old. Barely at algrebra 2. Need to know trigonometry by August to place into calculus for computer engineering. Wish you luck, OP.
>>
>>7779794

If you're IQ isn't 130, you're never going to make it.
>>
>>7781240

If it's fucking easy. Learn how to do it with carrying tard. Do the practice problems.
>>
>>7783355

Uhm no, it's your. Otherwise it's going to be ''what's you are IQ''?

''You're'' is a contraction of ''you are''.
>>
>>7779794

So let me get this straight anon. You're on a board full of people who love to learn telling them you are learning stuff in your own time.

Responses will be better than you think.
>>
>>7782905
True but I 100% a section then move on to the next one. I don't spend time "practicing" a certain topic until I decide to "Master" it although I suppose 100%ing a section does provide you with a lot of repetition alone.
>>
>>7779866
[citation needed]
>>
>>7783355
triple dubs confirm that "you're" is correct
>>7783588
only double dubs, back to 3rd grade grammar with you
>>
>>7783076
How long did it take you to complete all of that ?
Or in how much time could you have completed that? awesome job
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>7783781
Khan Academy is like /sci/'s Zyzz. You just gotta believe.

>>7783896
Couple of weeks on and off? Basically since Thanksgiving. Most of the stuff I got right away from memory, but I have had a few stumbling blocks in Algebra 2 and beyond. Just need to practice more. The one thing that has gotten me is a stat's skill "what is the difference between a sample study, an experiment, and an observational study." Fuckin bullshit.
>>
>>7783355
kek'd
>>
op, were you homeschooled?

I knew a bunch of homeschooled kids who just never did any work. probably didn't help that their parents mostly dropped out of middle school and no educational authority tracked their progress

keep working hard.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.