[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a chem grad from outside the US looking to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: P_20100101_082313.jpg (1MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
P_20100101_082313.jpg
1MB, 3328x1872px
I'm a chem grad from outside the US looking to get into a US uni for my ph d. How proficient with the use of analytical instruments (gcms, hpkc, aas, uvvis) am I expected to be to work in the uni? Ilve sadly only been able to handle each of instruments about once per class and the rest of the time we had a lab tech actually running the tests.

Can I expect them to train me to use the instruments as a grad student?

Also, while I'm at it, anybody have the link to library genesis that has scientific documents?
>>
>>7779783
lol, yes someone will train you b/c the rest of the group doesn't want you to damage the instrument.

Usually each member of the group has a 'group job' meaning a particular person in charge of each instrument.

>anybody have the link to library genesis that has scientific documents?
I thought they got sued and had to take it down.
>>
>>7779796
Whew thanks. That's a relief.

Lib gen had several different urls. One still had links to academic papers. I had it on my comp which is currently in service and it was still up last I checked which I can't remember when.
>>
>>7779783
Do you need a Phd to get a Chem related job like you were a Psychology student? (i.e cant get a psychologist job with just Bachelors)
>>
>>7779929
It depends on the kind of job you want. Ph.D. jobs are hard to come by, especially in industry, chemistry bachelors can work in just about any lab though.
>>
>>7779933
Lab work seems alright, even if I dont get paid more than a McDonald's job. That's really the end goal for me. Hopefully work will be abundant for me when I graduate 2019, or least not impossible.
>>
>>7779933
I tried IBM's online job placement and was served positions that required a Ph.D. even though the job description was exactly what I did for undergrad.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.