[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Energy in molecules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ebondh2.gif (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ebondh2.gif
17KB, 640x480px
I'm completely lost after seeing this video https://youtu.be/AAmqeHCFq_8 (starts at 6:50) and reading some more about this topic.

What I understand so far is that energy is NOT stored in chemical bonds (even though most textbooks say it is). But where is the energy stored then and in what form? And how does it work? I'm a biochemistry undergraduate trying to understand this, but I can't get my head around it.

pls help
>>
>>7778650
Well that was retarded. Im not entirely sure what he was trying to get, but I think its that the "energy in a chemical bond" is actually potential energy, like when you raise a ball some night off the ground it would be improper to say that the ball has energy or that the ball stores energy.

I've got to say if that is what he's saying then its one of the more autistic gripes I've seen, worse still since he didn't express what he was trying to say that well.
>>
Ss he said. Energy was needed to produce a more complicated structure. Every part of the molceule trys to get to a more stable, ledd energy dense state.
Same like cole or oil. Energy has been transfered into it by pressure over long periods of time. If you burn it this energy is released since the molecul gets split into lower molecules and the energy that was used to bond it together is set free.
>>
Don't listen to him, that guy is autistic and his rambling doesn't make any sense. Look at the other guy with the glasses, he doesn't really understand what that faggot's problem is, either
>>
>>7778650
Non native speaker here but i'll try to help you
Your picture is from spectroscopy, that a good way to study energy level of molecules ( electron, vibration and rotation.) but you don't need this

wave/particle duality : wave is from quantum chemistry, i can't explain that but it's from Schrödinger equation.. An electron isn't a small ball, and molecules aren't a battery, there is no storage energy (go back energy level)

When i write this i don't think it's will help you but you really don't need to try to undestand why and where is the energy, chemical structure and reactivity cn help you, molecular orbital etc too
>>
>>7778650
>>7778785
And stop youtube to learn, library / speak with your teacher
>>
>>7778785
>but you really don't need to try to undestand why and where is the energy

lmao thanks for the help
>>
>>7778797
>biochemistry
>>
>>7778759
But the whole points is that it is the formation of chemical bonds that releae energy, not directly the breaking down of chemical bonds.

So how does a chemical bond have energy when it costs energy to break it down
>>
>>7778831
Bro it's always electronegativity
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.