[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ve been reading alot of news recently about ai, and how an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1434427331540.jpg (81KB, 750x587px) Image search: [Google]
1434427331540.jpg
81KB, 750x587px
I ve been reading alot of news recently about ai, and how an "insanely" amount of money, time and research is being put into applying it to personal cars by major brands and private investors. Why? We could be investing in space exploration/colonisation (didn't NASA design plans for this back in the 70's?) Why this stupid interest in cars, most people I know already expressed a negative reaction to the idea of a self driven car.
>>
>Space exploration
We already have telescopes and satellites.
>Colonisation
Why would anyone want to live in a lifeless rock?
>>
We have a lot of automation to do here on earth before we will be able to venture out.
>>
>>7776518
It's not lifeless if we live on it
>>
what do u think is more expensive
building a huge ass rocket and colonising space, or paying some nerds to think about ai and stuff
>>
>>7776540
depends on the nerds
>>
>>7776515
if we are lucky we can apply the progress made in ai to other fields than just cars
>>
>>7776515
Because its better to have AI think of ways to go into space rather than humans, if you get a AI with superior intelligence imagine all the innovations and discoveries that can be made. Not to mention how efficient it will be.
>>
>>7776616
That's my point, why not invest inn that right away...
>>
>>7776518
I meant exploring and colonising with automatas. We re useless sacs of meat, in the vastness of space we are nothing and our existence is far to short to ever accomplish something significant.
>>
>>7776621
Because consumerism. Not to mention everyone is short-sided.
>>
>>7776543
>>7776540
They are not paying some "nerds" to think of ai and shit. They are investing billions in robotic laboratories and ai investigation specifically design for the automobile industry
>>
>>7776629
Indeed...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.