[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain why the cross product of AxB= the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: The Fuck.png (27KB, 343x300px) Image search: [Google]
The Fuck.png
27KB, 343x300px
Can someone please explain why the cross product of AxB= the area of the parallelogram?
>>
>>7775830
Because it's not a parallelogram.
>>
why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>7775830
>Can someone please explain
Yes, someone can.
>>
>>7775836
Because it's clearly a representation of axis, like xyz. The XY area is usually drawn as a parallelogram, so we can understand that it is a 3-dimensional image. It is actually a rectangle, or a square.
>>
>>7775830
because we define the sine between two angles from the cross product (the cosine comes from the scalar product).

It also happens that a.b.sin(theta) is also the surface of a parallelogram with sides a,b and an angle theta between them.
>>
>>7775830
Because of Fronequinns Lemma, read it up on wikipedia, idiot.
>>
File: wat..png (22KB, 867x569px) Image search: [Google]
wat..png
22KB, 867x569px
>>7775854
>Fronequinns Lemma,
>>
>>7775830
Parallelipiped you fool
>>
File: fron.png (22KB, 1171x851px) Image search: [Google]
fron.png
22KB, 1171x851px
>>7775858
That's wrong you fool
>>
Just put a set of coordinates, parameterize everything, compute the area and see for yourself, geez. That's what coordinates are for.
>>
It is actually defined that way (+right hand rule and perpedical to both a and b).
>>
It's a special case of the relation between determinants and volume. And that relation is proved from standard properties of determinants... Effect of shearing transforms, etc
>>
https://youtu.be/KDHuWxy53uM
https://youtu.be/pJzmiywagfY

Maybe this can help?
>>
>>7776158
k i gotta admit, im impressed google
>>
>>7775830
Because it is the determinant of a matrix, in terms of the operation to find it.

You'll learn why in an introductory linear algebra course. If you don't your uni is shit.
>>
I hope this helps. http://eli.lansey.net/btg02-dtcrprd.pdf
>>
File: it was super easy.png (39KB, 640x1200px) Image search: [Google]
it was super easy.png
39KB, 640x1200px
the cross product of [math] \mathbf{A} [/math] and [math] \mathbf{B} [/math] can be expressed as [math] \Vert \mathbf{A} \Vert \Vert \mathbf{B} \Vert \sin(\theta)~ \mathbf{n} [/math] where [math] \mathbf{n} [/math] is the normal vector of the plane spanned by [math] \mathbf{A} [/math] and [math] \mathbf{B} [/math]

next time, try drawing a picture instead of making a thread
or at least post it in the /sqt/
>>
>>7775837
can i go to the bathroom?
>>
>>7777897
OP's question was pretty retarded and lazy to begin with

but your answering a question with circular logic

hes asking for a derivation of the formula not plug and chug you retard
>>
>>7777907
that is incorrect

>>7775830
>Can someone please explain why the cross product of AxB= the area of the parallelogram?

i have answered this question sufficiently
>>
File: 1437904938508.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1437904938508.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>7777911
youre fucking autistic
>>
>>7777901
Underrated post
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.