[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While we wait for >>7777777 What's /sci/'s opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IceCube-schema.jpg (873KB, 2000x1619px) Image search: [Google]
IceCube-schema.jpg
873KB, 2000x1619px
While we wait for >>7777777

What's /sci/'s opinion about neutrino research?
>>
>>7775673
cold
>>
>>7775673
IDK shit about it.

David Bowie just died.
>>
>>7775684
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK NIGGER
>>
>>7775689
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/arts/music/david-bowie-dies-at-69.html

his son confirmed on twitter

currently listening to Station to Station
>>
I think it's cool. When I visited Madison checking out programs, I talked with one of the lead researchers on the project. I didn't realize at the time its role in neutrino experiments, but I'm excited to see it mentioned at collloquiua when discussing the state of neutrino research.
>>
>>7775716

I think they're a cover for government sanctuaries. the powers that be didn't just plan for ww3; they also planned to survive it. Russia has one of these things underneath lake Baikal, already the deepest lake in the world.

You will notice nearly all the major powers have one. highly technological structures often miles deep under the earth

see project ice worm
>>
>>7775748
I wonder how they'll survive without peoples taxes to leach off
>>
>>7775847
I wonder how you'll survive if one day they won't have taxes to leach off.
>>
>>7775848
Nice try, but i live in a family commune ^^
>>
>>7775850
Sucks to be you, mate. Didn't know they had internet in those. No easily accessible modern medicine as well. Damn.
>>
File: Atlantis.jpg (485KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis.jpg
485KB, 1400x1400px
>>7775847

stockpile food and water and have a reactor capable of powering the place for a while

wait for the ice to melt, start farming, etc.

pic related
>>
>>7775851
Its mostly a matter of attitude..
People survived the dark ages / iraq / vietnam/ etc, i don't think i've got it particularly bad =)

>>7775859
putin probably could work a horse and plough
>>
>>7775893

VLDMRT

see; >>>/pol/60460171

Putin is a gangster fire starter
>>
File: neutrino-nobel-head-640x353.jpg (68KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
neutrino-nobel-head-640x353.jpg
68KB, 640x353px
yall forgot the nobel prize late 2015 which went to neutrino researchers, measuring atom movements of grid arranged deuterium bubbles deep under ground to catch passing neutrinos?

will post some images, maybe some smartass of you can provide the words, i'm bad at phrasing for plebs

1/?
>>
>>7775919

high tech establishment, easy cover for deep underground bunker

like project iceworm - defence classified project under guise of civilian scientific research;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm
>>
>>7775919

you've probably seen this

2/?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (172KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
172KB, 620x372px
>>7775922

I think it's a cave near japan and was no secret

3/?
>>
>>7775912
I think his displays of Self-sufficiency may well hark back to the ideals of communism
>>
last but not least, the measurement data of a passing neutrino. beautiful.

4/4
>>
>>7775928

the facility isn't a secret; the purpose tho?

>>7775923

was I believe a mile or so deep underneath a mountain with a huge water supply...hmmm

water something to do with teh experiment, yah okay, obvious water supply too tho, if it were needed to be

he was kgb agent during cold war russia lost; like hitler was sergeant in ww1

self-sufficiency is not the point; he wants revenge and he may even think he can win; hitler too started a war he would lose
>>
>>7775933
Capitalism may well kill us all anyway..?
>>
>>7775933

I'm not the one you were replying too anon

but quit filling your brain with stupid conspiracies and make place for some actual science

i looked it up, its called the super kamiokande experiment read up on it
>>
>>7775930
see>>7775933

>>7775937

not necessarily. just be careful, avoid factory food, etc. and get out in time and to a safe place, god willing

>>7775944

I have. as you can see from project iceworm, not all reality is readily available to be known by you in print. one must also be wise enough to read between the lines
>>
>>7775748
If there was a conspiracy going on it would be a different angle.

Much of the MAD is based on non-detectable nuclear submarines with nuclear tipped missiles. Nuclear reactors emit neutrinos. If you could locate neutrino sources reliably it means you can also locate all nuclear submarines in the world. And suddenly the balance tips massively in your favour.
>>
File: 1452298438132.jpg (131KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
1452298438132.jpg
131KB, 648x595px
>>7775684
You didn't need to remind me anon
>>
>>7776442

they've likely already learned how to detect/track these things, due to their size, heat signature, relative importance, etc.
>>
File: 1450102132186.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1450102132186.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>7775697
Shit.
I had no idea.
>>
>>7775697
Time to listen to major tom
>>
>>7776535
You could equally well reverse this by saying they have learned how not to be tracked due to their importance. A moving sub can be detected but not if it is moving under the arctic ice.
>>
I remember reading the water has to do with blocking out other sources of radiation (i.e. cosmic radiation) to minimize interference in the quest to catch the neutrino
>>
>>7776577
Are we almost there
>>
just had a presentation about this held by Herten at my uni, interesting stuff, I don't understand a thing.
>>
File: nucifer.png (169KB, 765x404px) Image search: [Google]
nucifer.png
169KB, 765x404px
Neutrinos are known for their ability to loosen cables while antineutrinos are well-behaved.
>>
>>7776562

how hard would it be to attach a tracker to one of these things?

seriously

not to mention the fact that we have satellites in space that can read your license plate

you don't think they can track massive submarines with a nuclear signature?
>>
Gogogogogogogo
>>
>>7777519
You realize we have a slow board, right?
Furthermore, people are hesitant to post because they want to grab the gets.
>>
>>7777519
So this get will have seven sevens. Pretty mathematical.
>>
>>7777520
>>7777521

yes and everybody knows seven is 111 in base 2

and 37 is an odd prime number composed of 3 and 7 both odd prime numbers

and 37 x 3 is 111
>>
>>7777122
>how hard would it be to attach a tracker to one of these things?
Very hard. There are people on board whose job is to make sure they are neither followed nor carry anything that can trace them.

>seriously
Sure.

>not to mention the fact that we have satellites in space that can read your license plate
Do you think they read the license plate on sunken cars?

>you don't think they can track massive submarines with a nuclear signature?
As I wrote above I think they can be tracked when moving undersea in open waters. The reason is that the motion forms a small bulge at the surface that even 20 years ago could be measured using an aircraft radar. This bulge is not there once he sub is under the arctic sea. And once there I do not think they can be traced.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.