[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there something i'm missing in my textbook? why the hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Picture 23.png (50KB, 801x361px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 23.png
50KB, 801x361px
is there something i'm missing in my textbook? why the hell is y=1? and not -1?
>>
does Z2 not denote a field of mod 2, in which case you would get (y + 1) mod 2 = 0
?
>>
>>7775561

Isn't Z_{2} the quotient group Z/2Z, so that 1=-1 (mod 2)?
>>
>>7775582
this
add the two equations together as stated in the solution

2x + y + 2z = 1

2x = 0 in Z2
2z = 0 in Z2
Therefore you're left with y=1
>>
>>7775587
Given that the first equation is y + (x + z) = 0

and the second is x + z = 1

then why isn't the first equation, when substituted, y + 1 = 0

and then why isn't y = -1?
>>
>>7775590
Probably because the integer -1 is not an element of this field. Look again to the way they have defined it. This is consistent with the fact that the text shows there are only 2 solutions, and not infinite ones.
>>
>>7775590
y+1=0 is correct

that means you have to look for the inverse element of 1 for the operation + in Z2

and that is the element 1

there is no such thing as substraction, only addition

you can also start from y+1=0, and add 1
y+0 = 1
>>
>>7775599
>>7775613

You guys are right. I misunderstood the question.
>>
Is this a troll post? The only real number solution here is y = -1

If you input the numbers from that 'solution', you get 2 for both equations which are obviously false. The actual solution is x = 1, y = -1, z = 0.
>>
do not respond to that last post
>>
>>7775642
>begins troll post by asking if another post is a troll post
I see you there, troll
>>
>>7775642
>>7775656
>>7775646

huehuehue, ok I solved it for realsies. I think this is beyond what OP is studying but here is the real answer:

x = -t
y = -1
z = t + 1
>>
>>7775682

That screenshot is still wrong as fuck though. The proposed points do not fit the first equation at all.
>>
>>7775721
they do...
>>
>>7775725

Really? 1 + 1 + 0 = 2, 0 + 1 + 1 = 2. That shit is nonsense. They only fit the second equation but not the first. The other answer:

x = -t
y = -1
z = t + 1

is correct.
>>
>>7775732
there is no 2 in [math]\mathbb{Z}_2[/math], only the classes 0 and 1
>>
Oh shit, I'm dumb, I didnt even read that shit.. That is what booze does to you I guess.
>>
>>7775721
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7775768

shhhh don't tell them that.
>>
>>7775768
Well, technically 2 is in [0].
>>
Ive never seen before a math problem of this kind, what is the field?
>>
>>7775934
Linear Algebra
>>
>>7775934
[math]\mathbb F_2 [/math] :^)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.