[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 4-6 hours sleep detrimental? Where can I find reputable studies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Rotationskoerper_animation.gif (607KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rotationskoerper_animation.gif
607KB, 500x500px
Is 4-6 hours sleep detrimental? Where can I find reputable studies on low amounts of sleep.
>>
>>7775407
I never get sleep, and I note that with too much as well as too little my mental functioning is lowered.
>>
>>7775407
8-6 hours is what you need. Anything less is bad for the heath and anything over is actually even worse.
>>
>>7775407
It's genetic. It might take some googling, but look into it if you want to be depressed. Some people only need 4 hours to completely clean their brain of waste byproducts, while others need 10+. Tends to run in the family. Life isn't fair and all that.

There was an interview with a woman who would always wake up ridiculous early automatically, so she started running in the mornings. She talked about how she gets to live two lives because she has so much time. I don't have it saved anymore.

And I know a man who barely needs sleep. Needless to say, he's very happy and has lots of money.
>>
>>7775424
That's wrong. 9 hours of sleep is the best for me.
>>
>>7775407
>Fell for the sleep meme
>>
>>7775536
>this guy thinks his intuition is more valid than studies

KEK
>>
>>7775574
Yeah what the fuck, "better" is probably giving you heart problems
>>
>>7775424
i sleep 9-10 hours per day
is this bad for me?
>>
>>7775407
Yes. When you grow the fuck up and get a job you'll see how detrimental it is.
>>
File: 123456789.gif (16KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.gif
16KB, 400x250px
>>7775536
>>7775935
u gon die
>>
>>7769657 discus over a site www.normalbreathing.com wich claims that if you brathe only 4 times a minute youre are healthy and anly need under 5 hours of sleep
what do you think
>>
>>7775935
Yes.
Less than 7 or more than 9 is bad.
>>
>>7775424
Lel, if I don't have anything to do the next morning, I usually sleep for 12 hours.
I go to bed at 22hr.
How dead am I?
>>
File: it_ends_now.jpg (62KB, 521x440px) Image search: [Google]
it_ends_now.jpg
62KB, 521x440px
Who /insomnia/ here
>>
>>7776124
>>7775459
>have to sleep 10 hours
>father and grandfather have to too
>mfw

Can nootropics fix this ?
>>
>>7776116

There's always something to do. You can hit the gym or practice more material. Or some shit.
>>
>>7776212
Lucky you. I get 2 if I'm lucky. Restlessness sucks fuck. My eyes are so sore and red that people think I work like 5 shifts.
>>
>>7776212
melatonin will take about an hour off your required sleep time. Get a liquid version and microdose it though, most of the pill form products are insanely high doses.
>>
>>7775459
10 hours of sleep is fucking amazing though. I would sleep my whole life if I could.
>>
6-8 hours is the ideal, less or more is bad, depends on the person and what he does though.
>>
I find it quite interesting that some very experienced meditators (mainly Buddhist yogis) don't sleep at all. Deep states of meditation can be more recuperating than actual sleep. All this while being fully conscious but not like lucid dreaming either.
Of course this skill is not attainable by normal people as it takes decades of practice but I still think it's quite amazing.

Don't make me look up the sources on this.
>>
What is bad about 10 hours of sleep?
>>
>>7775407
google scholar.

if however your question pertains to yourself, which i strongly suspect, i can tell you from personally having just gone through 6+ weeks of 4-6 hours sleep per night that I've noticed no degradation of my mental faculties. physically it's a fight. you get tired during the day. who knew.
>>
>>7775573
this

>>7776437
sure

>>7776526
bs

>>7776536
though tells the story

>>7776544
on pol they say sci is iq 130+. obviously not.
>>
>>7776557
http://www.gwern.net/Melatonin

faggot
>>
>>7776561
"Unfortunately, the therapeutic potential of melatonin has been difficult to realize in clinical trials.." http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389945704001315 - took me about five seconds. i like dicks. you like dreams.
>>
>>7776579
haha you literally retarded faggot
>>
>>7776583
focus, my son. state your case without using a self proclaimed "Researcher, self-experimenter, and writer".
>>
>>7775407
People talking about needing different amounts of sleep. It's literally dependent on how much deep sleep you're getting. Which is in turn dependent on several factors, including environmental.
>>
>>7776597
no it's not about "deep sleep". i know why people have to lie about sleep. do you?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.