[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of sci-related hobbies do you guys have? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1445202199588.jpg (58KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445202199588.jpg
58KB, 800x800px
What kind of sci-related hobbies do you guys have?

I've got some money and time for the first time in a while and I'm thinking of picking one or two up before I head off for college next year (I'm doing my gap year). Is building small-scale UAV/Drones still accessible without paying thousands?
>>
>>7775081
I built a fusor once. But otherwise my sci activities consist of reading books.
>>
If you can get your hands on a 3D printer with a 6x6 or larger print bed you can make a quadcopter/drone for cheap.

That being said, you have to pay anywhere from 140$ to 300$ for a small 250 size quadcopter with GPS and decent hardware...

If you want one of those huge DJI sized ones you'll be paying around 400$. Better than 2k for the real one though.

Also, if you break something you can just reprint it or make new parts yourself, assuming you have a 3D printer to use.

Btw, this is all hands on soldering wires, trial error, and coding. I made one myself, and while its a pain in the ass, its rewarding. I can build anything now.

If you cant get a 3d printer, you can still buy kits, but its significantly more expensive.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>7775081

I also put a 5MP thermal camera on my DJI quadrotor with 11km GPS range, with an extended mag glock18 with silencer and go out at night, hunting people. Too bad the drone regulations are increasing that they started to put jammers in certain areas where I lose the signal.
>>
>>7775898
>Putting a high explosive on your drone
The fuck is wrong with you, anon?
>>
>>7775900
They are standard 9mm mags,not HE. Where did you read the explosve part ?
>>
>>7775903
>Where did you read the explosve part ?

>glock
>>
>>7775905
bullets don't explode on their own...Otherwise special forces wouldn't use something that would explode in their hand...
>>
I've built a working jet engine from tin cans, a compressor and butane. Throw in some cheap tubing, nuts n bolts n cable ties n your good to go.

Also tried to build a 3D printer from scrap electrical parts but it had issues.

Bought an old 125cc thumpster and fixed the engine in it. $50 for the bike about $75 for parts.

I collect a bunch of copper from work and made some small working electric motors using copper wire and a magnet i found.

Currently a bit quiet cause im learning python and swift but i have some other projects in mind its just a matter of ideas, time and materials.

I also like doing burnouts. Not that its sci related but the burning rubber smells good
>>
>>7775910
Do you not know the exploding glock joke, dude? Lurk a little more.
>>
>>7775917
Shut your fucking whore mouth >:O Glocks don't explode !
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.