[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is quantum mechanics a meme? >classical physics : Nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (17KB, 348x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 348x242px
Is quantum mechanics a meme?

>classical physics : Nothing can travel faster than light
>quantum physics : it would appear information has traveled faster than light

.t. quantum entanglement
>>
Look man if quantum entanglement actually worked we'd be using it by now
>>
>>7774587
> it would appear information has traveled faster than light
>it would appear
>not it is predicted
>>
its a meme, nothing travels faster than light
>>
>>7774587
No info is being transmitted though. It's 50% the same and 50% opposite
>>
>>7774587
>classical mechanics: things can travel arbitrary fast
>quantum mechanics: it would appear information has traveled faster than light
>relativistic physics: nothing can travel faster than light
>quantum theories of a field: perturbation of a perturbation of a perturbation of a ...
>>
File: chicken.png (132KB, 720x516px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.png
132KB, 720x516px
>>7774587
That image is so wrong
>>
>>7774997
>>quantum theories of a field: perturbation of a perturbation of a perturbation of a ...

>what is the path integral formulation
>>
>>7774612
>Having this little understanding of quantum physics.
>Resorting to meme sci-fi.
The idea of "harnessing" quantum entanglement is completely idiotic. Interaction collapses the entanglement, so the point is moot.
>>
>>7774587

>he believes quantum entanglement is real science
>>
>>7775637
>The idea of "harnessing" superfluous apostrophes.
>>
>>7775738
Ok, we need to stop the shitposting now.
>>
>>7775034
That is just incredibly stupid
>>
>>7774587
>>7775738
>>7775637
>information
The quantum entanglement doesn't actually provide any information. All you can get from knowing the sequence of entangled particles' spins is that the other dude got the exact opposite of the sequence, however there's no information being transmitted because the sequence is random. Just the opposite random
>>
>>7774617
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

"Concepts that have proven useful in ordering things easily achieve such authority over us that we forget their earthly origins and accept them as unalterable givens. "

"There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."

"The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices."

"I think that only daring speculation can lead us further and not accumulation of facts."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."

Guess who.
>>
quantum entaglement is nothing but a meme. a badly named meme that describes a rather logical consequence, nothing is actually entangled.
>>
>>7774587
All modern physics is a meme

>g-guys, let's say there was NOTHING - no time, no space - and then BANG - eveything appeared out of NOTHING. Cool, right?
>oh yeah so cool, atheism rules! fuck god!
>w-what's if that's wrong? what if there was something(energy, space, time) before? what if there was a god? what if we are created by matrix?
>FUCK YOU BELIEVER!!111
>>
>>7775751
y
>>
File: autism.jpg (5KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
5KB, 187x200px
>>7775637
>saying we can't harness a superposition because we don't know how
Retarded?
>>
Nothing in quantum mechanics travels faster than light, silly. That's not what entanglement means.
>>
>>7774587
>quantum physics : it would appear information has traveled faster than light
this is why people hate pop-sci
>>
>>7774617

Wrong. My shit travels faster than light after eating baked beans.
>>
>>7774587
Quantum effects are errors
plank's constant is the equivalent of a bit
the speed of light is an artifact of the limit of processing speed

prove me wrong
>>
>>7774587
Stop with this goddamn thread. Entanglement has nothing to do with faster than light travel. People who say that are idiot adults perpetuated by high school tumblr blogs.

Look up Cherenkov radiation. http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Cherenkov_radiation

>>7776352
If quantum effects are errors, the entire universe is an error.
Plank's constant isn't the equivalent of a bit. That's why it's called a constant, dumbass. Bits by definition have more than one value.
The speed of light is an artifact of none of your popsci bullshit. There are galaxies that are moving away from us faster than light because space is expanding between us and them. Light travels fastest in the universe because its a form of electromagnetic radiation, whose particle (the photon) has no mass. Nothing can travel faster because nothing has less than no mass. Photons can be slowed, and even stopped. The speed of light in a vacuum is the ultimate speed limit of the universe, because it is representative of a particle with no mass and nothing to impede its travel. That's literally just a definition of the fastest thing possible.

If gravitons are found to be the force-carrying particle of gravity, then according to current theory, they will also be massless and travel at the speed of light in a vacuum.

TL;DR The universe speed limit isn't c because that's the speed of light, light's speed is c because that's the universe's speed limit for massless particles without external forces.
>>
>>7775758
Your mom?

To me?

In bed?

Last night?

While your dad watched?
>>
>>7775637
This has been my fundamental failure to understand quantum mechanics.

If we can't interact with things that rely on quantum mechanics, what use can we have of it?
>>
>>7776170
Are you baiting?
>>7776399
Quantum mechanics has been used to understand and create all sorts of things anon. Examples are atomic clocks and quantum computers.
>>
>>7774587
Why do people never put the C constant? Sloppy math points to a sloppy mind....
>>
>>7774587
quantum entanglement just means that two or more states representing quantum systems can't be factored apart into independent systems. Whoop-dee-fuckin'-doo.

If you actually care about the answer, spend some time studying tensors.
>>
File: tumblr_nqffnfK8FD1qcj2hco1_500.gif (415KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqffnfK8FD1qcj2hco1_500.gif
415KB, 500x290px
Pls tell me if this is a proper explanation:

imagine a group of x people gathered in a arc around a stage. everyone has the same distance to the stage.

a magician is doing a trick and the moment a lightbeam reveals the trick, everyone screams in awe.

now every individual observer would think he was the first to see the reavealing, because the information of sound (and also light) is still on the way.

so while the reaction of the other observers might feel slower to oneself, the revealing actually happened to everyone simultaniously.

I think because of this information can be considered faster than light.
>>
>>7776429
This is the most idiotic idea I've ever heard.

If you're serious, you need to think harder for a second.
>>
>>7776429
Wut?
>>
>>7774587
>classical physics : Nothing can travel faster than light

Except the propagation of gravity... right?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.