[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of vaccines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1434857237266.jpg (21KB, 468x367px) Image search: [Google]
1434857237266.jpg
21KB, 468x367px
What does /sci/ think of vaccines?
>>
DEPENDS
E
P
E
N
D
S

also I want reddit to leave.
>>
>>7771804
>I want reddit to leave
you are excrement
>What does /sci/ think of vaccines?
they're necessary, now fuck off, imbecile
>>
>>7771822
/thread
>>
Everybody in the scientific community knows that vaccines work and how they work. This "vaccines cause autism" is just made up bullcrap by parents who see connection between the two when there isn't any
>>
They are one of the greatest scientific discoveries ever, and have saved more lives than anything ever.
>>
>>7771836
Everybody in the scientific community? Does that also include big pharma companies who profit from vaccines?
>>
>>7771887
you're trying to create doubt where there is room for none
>>
>>7771887
wow jesus anti-sciencers are fucking stupid

Attack direct evidence or hand yourself plebian, questioning motif is proof of nothing, and the motivation would be for the company to inherently provide a product that works given there was competition for vaccines...

First past the post takes all the profit in pharma.
>>
>>7771887
Do people need to eat food? Does everyone agree on that? Does that also include food companies who profit from food?
>>
>>7771887

But oniichan vaccines cost fuckall
>>
File: 1381014630698.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1381014630698.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>7771887
>>
>>7771836

Actually, it was made up by a doctor, Andrew Wakefield, who had serious conflicts of interest such as being paid to represent plaintiffs wanting to blame vaccine companies for everything.

His "research" has been thoroughly discredited and he has been disdoctified (i.e. lost his license to practice medicine).
>>
>>7771992
/thread
>>
>>7771992
>disdoctified

That's not a word
>>
>>7771953
fucking kek
I'll use this
Thanks anon
>>
File: Only result.png (85KB, 674x571px) Image search: [Google]
Only result.png
85KB, 674x571px
>>7772041
>disdoctified
>>7771992
This is the only google result that comes up
>>
>>7772069
Wow. Nowhere but this thread has that word ever been used. This pleases me
>>
>>7771773
it really depends. personally, i avoid vaccines for viruses that my body can fight off like the influenza (mainly because I'm screamish to needles)

It's a whole other story for stuff like measles, HPV, and small pox since those will kill you.

also, if you're concerned about mercury the LD50 of thiomersal is 75mg/kg and a vaccine only contains 1mg of thiomersal (if you're 75kg or 165lbs then it'll take 5625 shots once to kill you.)

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925236
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228#intro

>inb4 government is lying
>>
>>7772452
shots at once*
>>
>>7772041

It should be.
>>
I've seen a lot of negative articles about the gardasil shot. Would that be an example of an sketch vaccine or just is it all BS?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/10/21/gardasil-hpv-vaccine-adverse-reactions.aspx
>>
>>7772827

Mercola has about as much credibility as your dog Fido.
>>
>>7772452
>if you're concerned about mercury the LD50 of thiomersal is 75mg/kg and a vaccine only contains 1mg of thiomersal (if you're 75kg or 165lbs then it'll take 5625 shots once to kill you

That's not how LD50 works.

LD50 is the lethal dose for 50% of a test population.
>>
>>7771887
I know this is bait, but people actually use this argument.

We buy lots of basic drugs from pharmaceutical companies, such as insulin. These drugs are demonstrably effective. Sometimes part of this data will come from pharma. This changes nothing; there is a wealth of information proving the effectiveness of these treatments.

The difference between this and vaccination is that if you opt-out of other interventions, you harm only yourself and your family. By opting out of vaccination you harm others around you by allowing your child to incubate diseases which can be passed on to other children, and eventually kids will die, because you're too ignorant and selfish to listen to the entire medical profession when they warn you of the risks and tell you to trust the most important medical intervention ever discovered.

This is a serious public health issue, and the victims are the children who cannot fight off infections themselves; the culprits are the negligent anti-vaccers. They should be held accountable for their actions.
>>
>>7771992
The term is "struck off" the registry.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.