[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-Calc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Tangent_animation.gif (69KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tangent_animation.gif
69KB, 400x314px
Hey /sci/ I need help.

Im trying to learn/teach myself pre-calc.

Can anyone give me a good and preferably free source to learn pre-calc? One that would give me a strong understanding of the concepts.

Much Appreciated.
>>
Check the /sci/ guide next time.
https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/subjects/mathematics

There is no subject called "pre-calculus." You should have a very good understanding of elementary algebra, trigonometry, and know your basic rules for dealing with functions.

Calculus is fairly easy. I'd say there's more online resources than one could count.
>>
>>7770996
Thanks!
>>
>>7770985
just watch the trig algebra and functions playlists on khan academy or something
>>
>>7771022
>>7771022
>>7771022
this
>>
>>7770996
May ask what of trig is needed for calc?
I like to think I have a strong understanding of algebra/algebraic functions, but have never taken a trig course I don't think I should dive into calc without it.
>>
>>7771036
It's fundamental as a tool for solving integrals and doing multivariate calculus. Trigonometric forms pop up everywhere.
I was taught that if you can't derive all the most common trig identities from scratch, you don't know enough.
>>
>>7770985
Bruh. Google it. Kahn academy is easily the best resource out there for basic precalc, and calc too.
>>
>>7771042
>answers question that's already been answered by giving the same answer
Oops. Great minds think alike I guess.
>>
>>7771042
>>7771022
Is Khan academy really a good source to learn enough about trig/pre-calc so I can pick up calc?
>>
>>7771036
You need to know trig identities, how to manipulate trig functions, how to simplify them and how transformations of trig functions work.

So you really need to understand trig so when you start derivatives and integrals, you are comfortable with working them and understand whats happening. Especially with inverse functions of trig.
>>
>>7771056
He's ok with trig, just spend like an hour memorizing a list of trig identities. Trying to derive sin(A+B)=sinAcosB+cosAsinB is sort of a waste of time, in my opinion.
He's good with the part of pre calc that isn't trig identities, though. Just make sure you do the exercises on there and whatever you can find online.
As for calc though, I would recommend against him because he doesn't define things well... at all. He doesn't even derive the fundamental theorem of calculus, he just states it and talks about it for 10 minutes

Also, if you really like watching an Indian guy draw out a single problem for 4 hours in 93 different colors, I'd 100% recommend him.
>>
>>7770996
>>7771022
>>7771038
>>7771065
Thanks for all the help guys!
>>
>>7771066
IIRC he has a separate video deriving the fundamental theorem of calculus.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.