[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of r/science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What does /sci/ think of r/science?
>>
Topics that are actually about science that get answered correctly without anyone getting called a faggot or diverting into far right political rants. Boring.
>>
>>7770481

There's a smugness and fake sincerity pervading the whole place. At least here people are honest about being egotistical cunts that need to constantly categorise people in categories of superior and inferior, of which they themselves are in the former, during every moment of every day.
>>
>>7770456
>Implying I've ever visited a subreddit in my 18+ years of browsing the internet.

Not about to start now, faggot.
>>
>>7770488
I feel that way about all of reddit. The whole thing exists to promote an e-penis. Here you have no personal gain from replying to any post, so people are more likely to be sincere.
>>
>>7770488

That's true, but the fact remains so is >>7770481
>>
>>7770554
This. It's all karma whoring.
>>
A lot of the content and papers posted there are complete garbage and a lot of the people who post there have no backround in science. There are some interesting articles linked there but it is usually all papers that are non-technical and frankly only quasiscientific.

To sum up, there are a lot better academic subreddits that are not as popular and don't attract dumb normies browsing the front page of reddit.
>>
>>7770791
Name them
>>
>>7770481
Sounds incredibly boring.
>>
File: 1439367055965.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1439367055965.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>7770807
Not him, but r/chemistry is pretty decent
>>
>>7770456
I just looked at r/science and saw a single interesting paper on the front page, a peper on self-replication entropy bounds. Besides that it was a bunch of psychology shit, and surveys.

If there are better academic study subs I'd like to know about them.
>>
if you want to discuss real science in a simple, public format, go to stackexchange; I don't understand why anyone would go anywhere else
>>
/r/drugnerds
>>
>>7770554
>Here you have no personal gain from replying to any post, so people are more likely to be sincere.
In science things fall in between the two. Peer review is anonymous but you sure want to build reputation once your papers are published. That is understandable in todays situation with publish or perish.

For the same reason I prefer the anonymity and find it strange to see some of the attitudes elsewhere. Wikipedia allows, supposedly, anonymity but frowns and looks down on anyone who is not registered.
>>
Questioning global warming alarmism gets you banned, so it's as far away from science as it could be.
>>
>>7770456
It's reddit, so I won't touch it.
>>
>>7770814
i guess threads about virgins speaking about the beauty of "Mathematics" is much more entertaining
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.