[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>always read one chapter ahead of the course in the textbook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1422754387600.jpg (27KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1422754387600.jpg
27KB, 264x264px
>always read one chapter ahead of the course in the textbook + do research on the internet if I dont get it
>everyone thinks im really smart because I "pick up things so fast in class"
>mfw im a fraud and nobody realises how stupid i really am
>>
>intelligence is a purely genetic factor
You become an intelligent person by doing intelligent actions, staying ahead of the class is such an action.
>>
>>7770386

Sure, but when I leave universityy i wont just be able to Google my way out of problems, and then my crutch will be ripped out from under me and I shall fail
>>
>>7770399
>i wont just be able to Google my way out of problems

Actually, you'd be amazed how often you can do just that.
>>
>>7770378
You need to graduate to being several semesters or years ahead.
Next semester I'm stuck in differential equations but I'm about half way through Hatcher's Algebraic Topology text, I've worked through a large portion of D&F Abstract Algebra, finished Baby Rudin, Spivak Calculus on Manifolds, Pavel Tensor Analysis and the Calculus of Moving Surfaces, Munkres Topology, certain sections of Carl Bender's text on astmptotic and perturbative analysis.
Been talking to my professors about trying to get I to some research opportunities as of recent.
If you're actually interested you can go from fraud to real autist if you put the time in.
>>
>>7770378
Why do you care? Your technique works.
>>
>>7770378

Using their time more efficiently is something an intelligent person would do. Why not he ahead if you can?
>>
>>7770378
this is the best way to learn. Im my Human bio degree we are actually required to do this. We will be thrown straight into assessed histology labs after a 15 min run through on a newly introduced topic. If you havent learned the stuff ahead youre fucked. This is done precisey to make the point that we should have our shit together before class
>>
>>7770378
>i dont revise for tests at all
>mfw i still get top of the year in most chemistry and maths tests
>people ask me how i revise
>tell them i don't
>they think im lying
>>
>>7770378
Most people don't actually study outside of school. This is the only thing separating you from most other students.

I know for the first two years of college the first thing I did when I got home was immediately forget what the lecture was about and proceed to jerk off to the girl that sat 2 rows down from me, followed by 10 hours of videogames.
>>
>>7770378
just started back at school after military (im 28). I am suffering the same thing. People are like "wow you are so smart" its like... no, I am just prepared because I am 18+ aka a fucking adult.
>>
>>7770399
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your first real job.
>>
>Study my ass of
>Get good grades
>Mess up every standardized test
I assume that means I can just memorize concepts for a short amount of time; I'm fucked. And everybody in my class thinks I'm smart.
>>
>>7770399
>when I leave universityy i wont just be able to Google my way out of problems
I still do that all the time and I'm a post-doc by now.
>>
>>7770386
>You become an intelligent person by doing intelligent actions

Problem is that people with low intelligence are not able to understand/predict the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>7770445
That's pretty awesome, kinda motivated now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.